Lithia All American Dodge of San Angelo / Beware of this company!

To make a long story short I just bought a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee from Lithia All American Dodge of San Angelo Texas. I purchased my new Jeep around 2:00 p.m. on a Saturday afternoon. As soon as I left the lot I started to notice flaws in our new Jeep, but I couldn’t turn around because my wife had to be at work within 15 minutes, and I had some errands to run. On Sunday I noticed a few other discrepancies that I wasn’t to happy with, but I thought to myself I went to an actual dealership, and spent the extra money so I will swing by first thing Monday morning, and they will hook me up right? Not so fast. First thing Monday morning I found my sales man and I let him know the problems that I was having and he took me to the service department. At the service department they told me that they would be able to hook me up I just needed to schedule a time. I scheduled my day for Friday and when I was turning in my Jeep they told me that they won’t be able to cover half of the things that were wrong with the Jeep. The problems I was having are not things that you can find in a 10 minute test drive. My problems that I had as soon as I left the dealership were 1.) A large deep scratch along the passenger side (I will take responsibility for that I should have noticed this before leaving the dealership.) 2.) Every time I start the Jeep it chimes and and tells me that it needs service. 3.) An oil leak 4.) On the driver side seat not all of the electronics are working properly 5.) Only 1 of 3 speakers working on the driver side.

They will only fix the driver seat, and oil leak, and they are charging me $100.00 just to do that. I should have gone to a mom and pop side dealership for service like this. I will never do business with any Lithia dealership in the future.

Va

Comments

• Sc
      13th of Aug, 2008

I recently bought a 98 jeep grand cherokee from them and as soon as we drove it off the lot, an hour later the check engine light came on, then it said coolant sensor bad. So we took it in and they were like, "It's just a computer glitch, nothing to worry about, happened to me when I was driving it into the shop for the last minute service."

However, the technician inside told me that the VIC or Vehicle Information Center is failing, and it would go kaput soon. They were closing at the time so there was nothing to do, that was yesterday, now today my girlfriend took the jeep to work to see if anything else was wrong, and now, she can't even get it to start.

OH I forgot to mention, they left us nothing but fumes to run on, we couldn't even get to a gas station, we called them up and chewed them out til they brought us 10 gallons fuel, something we should've noticed before we drove it off the lot. Guess when you buy a vehicle anymore it's not common practice to sell it with a full tank.

I've been trying to call them all day and I've only been able to get hold of the operator, it seems no sales reps are in, the sales man. isn't in, and the GM isn't in.

3 problems so far in 2 days. Lithia is a definent Lemon Seller.

• Cu
      19th of Jul, 2009

We bought a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 liter diesel 4x4 pickup from Lithia-AllAmerican in San Angelo in January 2008. The vehicle had 7000 miles on it. We also bought an extended warranty package. We had it in shop with emission problems in June 2008 (although my problem started in April I could never make it to the shop when the engine light was on so they could check it out ). We were back in the shop August 2008 with emission and turbo repairs --I was towed in by a tow truck. We were back in October 2008 with the same issues. I came back in February 2009 with emission issues. I just broke down again July 9 2009 and had to be towed in again. This time they couldn't find anything wrong with the truck, so I had to eat the tow bill because without a scanning code, the extended warranty won't pick your tow bill. I picked it up Saturday July 11, 2009, being assured by the service manager Nick that there was nothing "mechanically wrong" with that pick up and all systems checked out okay. We talked to Nick about all the problems we have had in the last 16 months with this vehicle and told him that we did not feel safe having this a family vehicle. I drive it 76 miles a day to work and have with me my 8yr old and 2 year old sons. He agreed to talk to Paul Hatcher the general manager and see if we could work out a trade and get us into a vehicle that would actually stay running longer than a few months. We took the vehicle home Saturday July 11, they thought it might be the start of a transmission issue but were only speculating since the computer wouldn't tell them anything. I drove home 38 miles, then to work on Monday July 13, another 38 miles. I drove my son to a baseball tournament in Brady, Texas on Monday evening and the truck broke down on me in Brady. Same exact problem I had July 9 that they could not find. The vehicle stalls, lurches, sputters, and I have no engine power except to get to about 30 mph. This the exact reason I was towed into the dealer service center on July 9. I drove this defective piece of junk back to San Angelo from Brady at 30-45 mph. Intermittently I had full power and was able to drive 70 mph with the stuttering and sputtering continuing. When I go it to the shop they could not duplicat the problem once again and no computer codes were showing. I was told once again "nothing is wrong with it according to the computer." They spent some time looking at it and ran the symptoms through the "problem solving we don't know what the hell is wrong" computer and decided the symptoms matched a wiring harness issue on the engine. I was able to get a rental car because that is an engine warranty item and they can actually file it on your warranty. I told them once again I did not feel this vehicle was safe, and I wanted to talk to the general manager and see where they were at finding us the comprable trade they had talked about on Saturday July 11. I was told the general manager was on vacation, and the salesman could have cared less because he told us we had got low appraisal. I had left the vehicle longer on Saturday for them to evaluate it. This is a 2007 diesel with their new cummings engine, new emission 2010 package, custom ranch hand grill guard and bumper, Rhino lined bed, and custom made head rack. It has 47, 000 miles, all highway miles, and no body defects, the interior needs to be vacummed (I drive it 6 days a week with my children, it gets a little dirty). They offered an appraisal of $17, 000. We paid $32, 000 in January 2008. They have the same truck sitting in Midland but a different color for $29, 882. Do you think that is a "fair, comprable trade evaluation'? No way in hell. The salesman was isn't looking for us a another vehicle. We were told to wait until Paul Hatcher returned and talk to him. In the mean time I filed a formal complaint with Chrysler just because, Gee, I don't really trust this car dealership anymore. Chrysler offered to look into the complaint, offered to pay my tow bill and help me get an extended rental car until Mr. Hatcher returned from vacation. Nick asked me to give him a chance "to make things right and make us happy and feel safe with the vehicle." I got a rental thanks to Chrysler, and waited for Mr. Hatcher to return from vacation. He called Saturday, July 18 and wanted to know my issues. Although Nick had supposivly already talked to him on July 11, I told him my entire story up to the $17, 000 appraisal. His explaination is that we bought a USED vehicle, and those truck have KNOWN emission issues (his salesmen sure don't tell you that when they are pitching to sell them.) He said that we just weren't going to be made happy, but the truck was fixed and we needed to come pick it up from service center. He said that the appraisal was fair, it was the old body style and it had mechanical problems. If he could sell a 2009 for the same price with their wonderful Dodge $10, 000 rebates, why would anybody buy the 2007 model. I told him we were offered by Nick through a verbal agreement from him that we could look at any Lithia dealer and pick a comprable trade vehicle and he would do "whatever it took to make it right" He now said that comprable is a $17, 000 vehicle and we had his salesman looking for a 2007 ford f-250. We couldn't be looking at a $30, 000 pick up and expect them to get us a trade. No, I guess we can't since Ford makes a quality product which holds it's value, and we got blindsided by Lithia Dodge on this piece of crap 2007 Dodge with major factory issues. He told me it was a Chrysler problem, not his dealerships and we needed to complain to Chrysler. He pretty much laughed when I said I had already filed a formal complaint with Chrysler and I was just needed his last two service records to file my lemon law complaint. He told me good luck with that, Chrylser never buys back used vehicles, and the Texas Lemon Law doesn't apply to a used vehicle. I know that there are some exceptions to the lemon law and I am doing my best to prove we do apply. A vehicle bought from a dealer with 7000 miles on it and full factory warranty may just be that exception. I basically got nowhere with Mr. Hatcher, so I am hoping Chrysler follows through and can maybe help make him an honest dealer. I will go pick up that $32, 000 piece of crap once again from the service center and turn in my rental car. I do not recommend anybody buy a vehicle from this dealership. They do not stand behind their product at all. Buyers beware!!! I am filing complaints from the San Angelo Better Business Burea all the way up the Chrysler to try and get a decent price back on this pick up. We will then do business with one of the local Ford dealerships. Lithia will not get one more penny from me!!!

20th of Aug, 2010

I RECENTLY (6 DAYS AGO) BOUGHT A CAR AT LITHIA IN MIDLAND TX. OHHH MY GOODNESS FIRST OF ALL I FOUND THIS CAR ONLINE AND WHEN I READ THE CARFAX I SAID OKAY NO RECORD OF IT BEING IN ANY ACCIDENT. I DROVE UP TO MIDLAND BECAUSE I AM FROM EL PASO ( 4 AND A HALF HOURS AWAY). DROVE TO MIDLAND, TRADED MY ACURA. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT TWO DAYS AFTER I HAD THE NEW/USED CAR I NOTICED THAT THE SIDE AIRBAG PANNELS WERE LOOSE, I THEN NOTICED THEY WERE HOLDING ON WITH DOUBLE SIDED STICK TAPE! I WAS PISSED BECAUSE THIS IS AN 07 CADILLAC! I CALLED "BUBBA" ADRIAN THE SALESMAN, AND HE SAID "WELL YOU HAVE TO COME DOWN HERE RIGHT AWAY TO FIX THINGS OUT". ME THINKING THESE JERKS SOLD ME A WRECKED CAR BECAUSE OBOULSY THE AIRBAG PANNELS ARE FALLING APART NOW. I DROVE UP THERE YESTURDAY AND GUESS WHAT, THEY ARE STATING THAT I CAN NOT PROVE THE CAR HAS BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT SO THEREFORE THE SALE IS FINAL AND I CAN NOT GET MY TRADE IN BACK. CARFAX STATES THAT THEY THERE WAS NO ACCIDENT BUT THAT JUST MEANS PREVIOUS OWNERS DID NOT REPORT IT! ANYWAY IM TAKING MY CAR TO A PROFESSIONAL TO SEE IF CAR HAS BEEN WRECKED AND IF I WAS SOLD A CAR WHICH STATED FRONT AND REAR SIDE AIRBAGS ( WHICH SEEMS I AM MISSING). I SPENT MY TIME AND GAS MONEY FOR NOTHING BUT THIS REALLY ISNT THE END LITHIA...

• Em
      24th of Mar, 2011

we also purchased a nissan versa there and it has turned out to be a disater they werent very happy we started having problems a week after the car didnt want to start we went to talk to the manager and they were not helpful at all so 2 weeks later we are still waiting for the car to be fixed. Theyre service is horrible to say the least.

• La
      22nd of Aug, 2011

I always warn people about All American at San Angelo. We had a problem when we purchase a new jeep in 08. We had to meet up the following week to adjust taxes since my husband is from WV. When we got there they said they had our vehicle for us outside. We were confused. We had the car for the weekend, how did they "have our vehicle?" Well ended up being that they said they gave us the wrong car even thought the VIN number of our car and the contract were the same. They told us the Jeep we took was more expensive. They were trying to give us a 2wd Wrangler X. When we first went there we told them we were looking for 4wd manual Sahara and had to have a trailer hitch. We even had a copy of the paperwork with the dealing numbers showing the price of us having a 4wd manual Sahara built and compared it with their Sahara. They accused us of stealing. We had to get a lawyer. We just wanted to say to cancel the contract and give us our trade back. We were just scared they could of done something to our trade. We later found out the manager fired a few people over this. They should of fired the manager. He was the one that accused us of stealing. NEVER will we buy there. I have had a few recalls on my jeep and I have taken it in at another city. I rather drive to a different city to get good service than go to a place that called us a thief.