Literary Guild Select / Unreceived books!

1 P.O. Box 5023New York, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-210-0434

Have had stolen identity and hospitalization -incapacitated and claimed bankruptcy the "Literary Guild Select "book club has sent my bill to collection and the books were returned un-opened by post office for failure to pick them up due to incapacity and hospitalization at time of shipping so I feel that I'm not liable to contract of amounts owed for services that were not fully received!!

Po Box 40026,
Spokane, Wa 99220.

Comments

• Da
      27th of May, 2008

check out BBS PA for the loads of compliant filed against them.

• Ju
      9th of Jul, 2008

I just contacted Literary Guild Customer Service. The phone number is 717/918-2665. I was told they could not find an account for me. I guess not. The account is over 5 years old. The representative told me they sold my account to a collection agency. I inqured as to how many times they can sell my account. She was not sure. This is something our government officials need to be more aware of.

I am tired of being ripped off.

• Be
      8th of Mar, 2011

I used the number Judi listed above: 717.918.2665 for Literary Guild Customer Service. When you call, you will wait for 3 recording prompts to pass before they will connect you to a representative. Thanks, Judi. :)

A woman whose name i cannot recall answered first. She asked me for my address and zip, and knowing the "collection agency routine", i hung up because a collection agency should need no more than your first/last name and zip code to find your account.

I called again, and spoke to a kind woman named Diane. I explained my problem, and she was definitely familiar with the situation. She sent on a notice to the collection agency (RJM) to eradicate my worngful debt and it only took about a minute of my time.

Diane had explained to me that her belief (possibly independent from the company) was that there was a wave of identity theft and they used Literary Guild as their cash funnel. After the first weird call, i'd say keep cautious but be calm and collected and you can get them off your backs easily for the debts you probably never even knew you stacked up. Okay, now here's what happened to me.

-In 2005 a slew of books were sent somewhere near where i lived, paid for in my name without my knowledge. I did not learn about the debt incurred until receiving a credit report in my name and reading "LITERARY GUILD SELECT" or something like that.

***ALSO, the number that Mr. Evans listed above (800.210.0434) and perhaps the address is for a specific collection agency (Allied Collection Services or something) and they may not be able to help you as Literary Guild Select employs a handful of different collection agencies.***