Literary Guild / Unbelieveably rude and refuse to listen to my complaints

I did not sign up for membership in the Literary Guild. They said they sent books to me. I've never received these books. They have now sent "my account" to a horrible collection agency called Eastern Collection Corporation. These people are unbelieveably rude and refuse to listen to my complaints. I'd like to hear from others who have had similar experiences.

Bi

More Literary Guild Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ky
      20th of Dec, 2006

This company called "Eastern Collection Company" keeps calling and leaving bill collection messages saying I received a "Classic Appointment Book" in the mail and I am liable for it because it wasn't returned.

This is crazy. They probably send some mail fraud item in the mail and if I didn't return it, charge me for it.
    Let me say this: All junk mail and spam mail get thrown in the trash.

I have no idea what they are talking about I told the lady that answered. She says "I did indeed receive this book in the mail and I am responsible for it." I said "No, I did not receive a book" and "I have no idea what she was talking about" This is FRAUD!!

How can I get them to stop calling?

• Ba
      13th of Mar, 2008

Get caller ID, or screen your calls through an answering machine. They will give up eventually.

• Ga
      30th of Oct, 2008

I am experiencing the same thing right now, seriously. Lit Guild keeps on sending me bills that went from $13.00 to $87.00 which is insane. I never subscribed or ordered any book. That was junk mail. Now they are sending me a collection agency. They are FRAUD!!!

• Tk
      7th of Apr, 2010

I have received calls from Takhar Group which is a collection agency for Literary Guild. She says my account has passed through three different collection agencies ending with them. She says that I ordered books from Literary Guild two years ago. I have asked for a list of books that I have supposedly ordered that I don't remember signing up for. They tell me I did but will not give me a list of books to prove it. She said that it is not allowed per the privacy policy. Hello!! If this has to do with me they should be able to disclose such info. I told them if it is indeed my bill, I will pay it but they won't give me anything.

She told me if I pay over the phone and make my account right then if they do owe me money they will send me credit vouchers. Ya right! I am not giving my account info over the phone to anyone that wants money from me that I don't agree with!

Anyone and their dog can sign a person up for Literary Guild online. How do these people do it and no one can do anything about it. Does this really affect a persons credit score? How can they do that?

• Ll
      30th of Jul, 2010

I am in the same boat. They are saying I ordered books from 3 years ago. I don't have any books. I told them the last time I saw anything was for a bill for 12 something and I finally paid it, even though I didn't know what it was because I didnt want my score to get messed up. That was literally 2-3 years ago. and now I'm getting bills in the mail saying I owe 92$. This is b.s. and I don't wanna pay it. How did they get my info?!

• Su
      9th of Jun, 2016
    Literary Guild - cancelation complaint
    Pompano Beach
    Florida

the last statement i recieved said i need two books to complete my contract. i accepted two books sent by mail thinking it would fufill my oblication but on this stament it said i need three more books in order to cancel. i feel my oblication is complete and would very much like to cancel as i can no longer afford to spent money on books. please let me hear from you promptly. thank you

• Br
      9th of Jun, 2016
    Literary Guild - Charged me for product didnt order!
    Literary Guild

Lterary Guild charged me 34.00 for item i didnt order No record of order on account-but on bank statement its there. Tried to contact them about the charge-No phone number to call! Just a message box-then u just sit and wait for response.menwhile-you get screwed! Anyone thinking of becoming member DONT! THEY WILL *** OVER! AND do not provide any numbers to customer service! not only that they can charge your bank account when they want-without contacting you. I would love to speak to a person from the company to find out the problem!