LIRR / lirr

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

No clerks, but two machines on platform of broadway stop. Both faulty. For weeks on end. One doesn't collect my five dollar bills, nor does it recognize my (or my friend's) credit cards (while machines at other stations have taken same five dollar bills and accepted credit cards). The other, the touch screen doesn't work at all and on the keypad, only the number 4 works. Again, weeks on end. Have missed important appointments thinking this would be fixed. And if one boards the train sans tocket and with the excuse that machines don't work, you are told to write a letter and charged a step-up fee (I paid $12 for a normally $5.75 trip, as it was an emergency).
They have people who come to collect the dough. Why not have same people make sure machines work properly, in every way? One week, ok. Two weeks is dubious. Three weeks in a row or more with the same issues and it's irresponsible, cynical, careless.
Again, i've missed important appointments because of this issue.
Folks, do not depend on lirr machines.
In addition, trains have been extremely filthy as late (and I know i'm not the only to have made this complaint, as I just perused their website), which then raises concerns with regard to bedbugs and the like.
I'm not a 'letter writer' (clearly; I don't believe they ever make a difference when it comes to how corporations work), but this is ridiculous. They want our money, they should at least come through with a modicum of consistency with regard to what they purport to offer us.

Jb

Comments

• Gr
      4th of May, 2011

The long island rail road is at its worst time they have people that ride for free and my fare gets increased.I also fined that who ever does the schedule need to look at when people get out of work for examplei get out at 4:30 from Brooklyn and it take me now that they removed the 4:39 it take me 2hours to get home that I have to stay at the station for a half hour waiting for the 5:11 p.m. now beside the fact that I am spending so much time on getting home but now I am paying so much more for less service . I will be sending this letter to all media .I just want that they bring back the 4:39 so I can spend more time with my family pls I hope that this letter doesn't go on deaf ear.

• Na
      18th of Feb, 2015

I purchased several LIRR round trip tickets during the holidays in December.
    I have ONE R/T ticket which expires on 2/25/15, I called LIRR asking if the ticket could be extended 5 days that I plan to use it on
    March 5th, 2015. The response was: NO!!! TICKETS CAN NOT BE EXTENDED. YOU WILL BE CHARGED $10.00 AND RECEIVE A CREDIT FOR $6.00 TO THE FORM IN WHICH PURCHASE WAS MADE, i.e. IF YOU PURCHASED ON CR. CD. A 46.00 CREDIT WILL GO BACK TO YOUR CARD AND YOU WILL LOOSE THE $10.00.
    That is completely rediculous!!!
    Completely unfair. What the hell kind of way to do business is that. I pay you $10.00 F O R N O T H I N G!??!??!
    ABSOLUTELY Absurd!!!

• Ca
      20th of Oct, 2015

On Sunday Oct 18th our party of three arrived at the Long Island Railroad station in Ronkonkoma. We purchased our tickets and were told that they were working on the tracks but that we would be bused to Central Island Station to get our train 10:40).
    We boarded the bus after waiting on line with about 30 other people. As the bus pulled up to the CI station the train was pulling out.
    We were told that we would have to wait for a hour to get another train. This would have made us miss the play that we spent $200.00 to attend as it started at 1:30. We tried to get help or information from the people at CI but were told " It's not my fault".
    We had no choice but to pay a taxi $40.00 to take us back to Ronkonkoma to get our car and drive into the city.
    We we got back to Ronkonkoma I ran in to advise the ticket seller of what happened...he said " It's not MY fault".
    So I am writing hoping to get some satisfaction. I know it's no one's "fault" but someone should take responsibility. I think maybe the bus company who must have left late and caused us to miss the train in CI,
    In any event I would like to be reimbursed for my taxi fare and also our tickets that we not longer need...as we will not be traveling into the city in the near future.
    If I do not get any acknowledgement within 10 days...I will also write to my local congressman and the newspaper.
    Looking forward to your reply,
    Carol Kienzle