LIRR / lirr
No clerks, but two machines on platform of broadway stop. Both faulty. For weeks on end. One doesn't collect my five dollar bills, nor does it recognize my (or my friend's) credit cards (while machines at other stations have taken same five dollar bills and accepted credit cards). The other, the touch screen doesn't work at all and on the keypad, only the number 4 works. Again, weeks on end. Have missed important appointments thinking this would be fixed. And if one boards the train sans tocket and with the excuse that machines don't work, you are told to write a letter and charged a step-up fee (I paid $12 for a normally $5.75 trip, as it was an emergency).
They have people who come to collect the dough. Why not have same people make sure machines work properly, in every way? One week, ok. Two weeks is dubious. Three weeks in a row or more with the same issues and it's irresponsible, cynical, careless.
Again, i've missed important appointments because of this issue.
Folks, do not depend on lirr machines.
In addition, trains have been extremely filthy as late (and I know i'm not the only to have made this complaint, as I just perused their website), which then raises concerns with regard to bedbugs and the like.
I'm not a 'letter writer' (clearly; I don't believe they ever make a difference when it comes to how corporations work), but this is ridiculous. They want our money, they should at least come through with a modicum of consistency with regard to what they purport to offer us.
More LIRR Complaints & Reviews
- MTA-Long Island Railroad (LIRR) - senior/disabled fares on morning trains 
- LIRR - horrible service 
- Njt / Lirr / Mta Penn Station - men's restroom deplorable unsafe 
- LIRR - delays - suspended service
- LIRR - noise and horn honking 
- Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] - Train schedule change from Montauk to Jamaica
- Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] - unreasonable service
- Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] - conductors should observe and enforce this
- Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] - columbus day holiday peak charge unfair and unjust
- Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] - babylon l.i. r.r. commuter's unable to have access to the rest room facilities :