Lipaphen/FMW / Acai Berry SCAM

1 United States

I, too got sucked in by the offer of a free sample, thinking it would be a few pills, not an entire $87 bottle. I continued to get random charges on my credit card for the next 2 months; one was $87 and the other was $40. I am normally very careful about ordering things online, and I looked very carefully to make sure that there was no "fine print" that I should beware of...there was NOTHING about being charged automatically every month. I even copied everything on the order page into a Word document and saved it to be sure. Yet, I continued to be charged without my knowledge or authorization. When I called FMW to complain and ask for the charges to be removed, the representative I spoke to told me that I should read the "terms and conditions." When I told him there were no terms and conditions posted on the site where I purchased the sample and asked to speak to his supervisor, he continued to repeat himself as I continued to ask for the supervisor. After I asked FIVE TIMES to speak to a supervisor, he actually HUNG UP on me. I immediately contacted my credit card company, who was well aware of this scam. Luckily, most credit card companies have coverage for fraudulent charges and will work with you to get you a refund; mine does, and hopefully this will work out. But I have learned an important lesson here!

Wu