Lionax US Inc / Secutire tire pressure monitoring system - pepboys product

1 5201 Great America Parkway, S-320Santa Clara, CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased the Secutire Tire Pressure Monitoring System from Pepboys earlier in December. It seemed like a great idea, my tires were always losing air and in the meantime it did a great job monitoring the tires!

But.

Come time to take the tire gauges off so I can add more air into the valve when I find that they won't come off. It's as if someone took superglue and adhered the gauges onto my air valve. Of the 4 tire gauges on my car now, only one will come off freely. That's beyond just a singular product issue and more of a product defect.

I'm going to slowly be driving the car into Pepboys to have them look at it today (since my tires are low low low) and hopefully they'll be able to remove the damned things.

Do not buy these gauges! They're cursed!

Va

Comments

• Ti
      19th of Jan, 2012

You need to use the spanner tool provided in the kit. Remove the cap from the sensor gauge and remove the sensor with the spanner tool.

• Ti
      19th of Jan, 2012

This is an anti-theft thing.

• Tr
      14th of Nov, 2018

Not such a good idea after all. Ours got corroded on (like crazy glue) after spending a month or so in some mild but winter weather with new tires. The salt from the roads deteriorated the rubber sealing. 6 months or so later the professionals couldn’t even take them off even with the spanner tool! The cap comes off, but the sensor won’t budge. Had to have all of our valves replaced on our tires!