Linx Satellite / I don't think this guy know how to run a business or even care about his customers.

1 1839 N 1120 WProvo, UT, United States Review updated:

A linx sales representative came to my house and asked if we wanted to upgrade our DIRECTV boxes to DVR I agrred and signed the work order what no one told me was the by upgrading they were changing my service to Dish network and that I would be charged 350.00 to cancel a service I didn't want in the first place. The "owner" Kevin said that he couldn't do anything about it and was very rude and yawning and sighing the whole time I talked to him. Hi installer just walked into my house without even knocking leaves his trash everywhere, and was rude. All KEVIN had to say was oh I'm sorry about that and I'll talk to him, over the phone. I don't think this guy know how to run a business or even care about his customers.

Va

More Linx Satellite Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ky
      16th of Jun, 2012

I cannot believe they would hire Jeff Breeden who used to install Hughesnet systems in Knoxville tn. I worked with him, he stole over 4k in equipment!!, then he was forced to resign from Satellite solutions after that. I hope the Company looks further into his background. This guy is scary!!!

• Dn
      13th of Jun, 2009

I work for dish network as a tech, and theese yahoo's do the worst work I have ever seen. Every install they do takes 3 1/2 hours to fix, as in reinstall correctly. they leave in there wake very dissatisfied customers. I highly recomend closing the door in linx satelite's faces. if you want Dish give dish a call, not some door to door sales instalation company.

15th of Aug, 2008

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Linx or the owner, but I have loved thier products and services. The sales representatives were extremely knowledgable and eager to work with my needs. Any issues have been handled promptly by thier customer service and all the office workers are really professional and kind. I don't doubt that your experience is real, but I don't think one bad experience out of thousands should mar the image of a great company. To anyone who may be reading this, you have my word that you will be happy with Linx!

• So
      15th of Aug, 2008

I agree with Martha! My experience with Linx has been terrific. I never had the opportunity to speak with the owner as I have had no serious problems. The only issue I've had was needing to reschedule my installation for a family emergency, and the customer service representatives I dealt with were very helpful and found a way to make things work with my schedule. Thanks, Linx!

23rd of Jun, 2009

So, apparently DNS-TECH can install Dish systems, but he cant even spell installation. Good Representation of yourself. You make your mother proud!

• Fa
      25th of Jun, 2009

dns-tech above is a disgruntled installer that used to install for LINX. He has serious anger issues and is bothered by LINX because LINX is outselling every other company in his home town. Nothing wrong with a little competition; except, he cant handle it. By the way, most recently, LINX has been named a "Most Trusted" retailer for DISH Network in the country (against 22000 other dealers)...they must be doing something right!

• Kr
      19th of Aug, 2009

All these guys that support Linx work for Linx. They get on these reports and fraduently act as a cunsumer... Why else would someone name themselves linx rules? I have delt with Linx in the past. They are a horrible representative for any company.

• Ro
      11th of Aug, 2011

I was recruited by Linx with a friend during the Winter of 2011. My friend and I were thinking about selling with Dish One, but they sold us on the fact that they would pay us 85 percent up front instead of about half and that their pay scale was better. The way their pay scale was presented assumed you would hit every single meticulous bonus and was very deceptive. We were sent to the Riverside, CA office where many friends and even other official Direct/Dish sales authorities said was a struggling market. We went anyway and worked hard, but struggled despite our best efforts. Our Manager who was a 2nd year rep smoked pot, knew nothing about leadership training, our office had 12 first year reps, and they were only paying us 40 percent up front, and when other employees tried to leave early to cut their losses they threatened to sue them for over 1600 dollars when they weren't even getting paid enough up front to pay their bills. All but 2 people quit, the Manager who had sold over 250 the previous year only sold about 150, and they are relocating the office to Mesa, Arizona. By the end of the summer when I left early to start an internship back home, they threatened me also, telling me they would sue me and I would amount to nothing in life since I was quitting early, even though it was to further my actual career. Greedy, unprofessional, and coercive. NEVER SIGN UP OR BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

• Ps
      28th of Sep, 2009

To the OP, with your butchering of the English language I wonder if the problem was you did not understand what was going on, or maybe you just changed your mind after you signed the contract and made this up out of revenge. At any rate I know Kevin personally, and I know for a fact that that is not how he treats customers, and know for a fact that your story is bogus.

To dns-tech, grow up. Your lies are not backed up by the facts. Fact Master is right, look it up. They would not have Dish Network's seal of approval if they did as bad a job as you claim they did.

To Kritofer, only one person has Linx in their name, and they did not make any claims that they were customers. Unless you plan on presenting evidence to justify your claims please keep your libelous claims to yourself.

And no I am NOT a Linx employee.

1st of Dec, 2009

I was a Linx employee and let me just say I hated working for them. Yes its true they treat their customers like crap, but they treat their employees even worse. Kevin is a ###, and his right hand man Jeff is just as big a liar. They pretend to be your friend when hiring you then screw you over when you realize you are working for frauds and quit. DON'T EVER DEAL WITH LINX! I am serious here. Most of their employees are great guys, they really are, but the upper management is just the most dishonest people I have ever met in my life!

14th of Feb, 2010

I was ALMOST recruited by LINX. Their a bunch of money grabbing dirtbags. Pay for a nice meal for you...asct all nice then when you have signed up...they become ###s. Their service is trash, their product is trash and believe me, they do not care an ounce for their employees. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

19th of Mar, 2010

@Linx-escapee
    Do you even know how sales companies work? They ALL wine and dine you. Its nothing new whether you go to LINX or APEX thats the game.

How can you even say their service is crap is you WEREN'T an employee? Besides that, their service is Dish Network, and Direct TV. Why would you say LINX has bad service when their just a contractor? It amazes me, the level of stupidity that some people have.

And before someone calls me an "undercover employee" for knowing so much. There's something called "websites". They tell you all about the company and what they sell.

• Pe
      15th of Jan, 2014

@ Perfect Sat or Lorenzo "green eyes" Beals as we all know him. This guy really thinks he's a gangster. You are as crooked as the day is long, your pay is way below industry standards, you are one of the most disrespectful people on this planet. He be little's his guys curses you out and calls you every name in the book. The only reason I never beat his ### is he's a cop calling pussy. As for shutting down the Linx offices that is the most untrue statement ever made. They are still in business in Modesto today. So stay away from this ### wipe. And as for you green eyes I ever see you those will be BLACK EYES!!!

• Al
      9th of Apr, 2010

The salesperson that came to my house and spoke with my wife while I was at work told her they could get us switched from Dish to Direct TV for 80 dollars. Since I know that providers will gladly do that for free, I immediately called to cancel and was told to call back on a Monday, since apparently the people answering phones for them on Sunday are incapable of forwarding messages. I called back at 9:00 Monday morning to cancell an install scheduled for Tuesday at noon. I couldn't get ahold of a live person so I left a message that wasn't returned until Tuesday morning. The person I spoke with tried everything to convince me not to cancel to no avail. Several days later there was a charge to my bank account for 100 dollars. When i called to find out why, I was told that I cancelled the service within 24 hours of the installation scheduled and that it clearly states this charge would occur for this. The customer service agent I spoke with was professional, but the person I spoke with previously lied and said I hadn't attempted to contact them until Tuesday morning, which was actually when he got around to returning my original call. Even after sending them a PDF of my phone records clearly showing when I had called to cancell service (which is what I was told to do), nothing was done about it. I didn't pursue the matter further considering the amount of time and hassle that would undoubtedly been involved in recovering my money, and wrote the experience off as a lesson to my wife, who will definitely never make that mistake again.
    All I can say is that I feel sorry for the next Linx salesman that comes knocking on my door. This outfit is as shady as they come.

9th of Jun, 2010

Just so you know I worked for Linx as a Sales Rep. and I can testify that Linx is the most dishonest and difficult company I've ever worked with. The only thing that this company cares about is making money, doesnt matter how they get it. They will do anything to get a pay check, even if it means making a customer pay 350.00 to cancel their contract they are in just to enter into a new one with Linx. The way we were taught to go about making the sale is very sly and sneaky and they arn't straight forward at all.

• Io
      20th of Jun, 2010

I wish i would have read this page before i got caught up with linx. I was suppose to have my system installed switching from dish to direct in the morning but they never showed so we left. Come 4 pm they say they went to wrong house and could do it while we were gone. Well we get home at 830 and he still is not done and he is not installing what we asked for!!! Now Kevin who gave us his number is not answering and the installer says he cant just put things back to the way they were. I call Linx and nobody answers and i have left messages. Luckly i am within the 3 day grace period so i said in my messages that i want to cancel so i hope they dont fight me on it when i call back monday. Please everyone get the word out about how horrible this company is. I finally had to kick the installer out of my house after 10pm cuz my kids were needing to go to bed and he wanted to go back on the roof and try to get signal again. After all that I have no tv right now. :( ya great fathers day to me

• Ho
      14th of Dec, 2012

I know this thread is a bit dated but I just wanted to add my experience for anyone who is looking into this company, which is what I'm doing now. A Linx rep came to my door recently. I had never heard of this company until now, and didn't quite understand how this guy worked for competing companies. Anyways, he tried to explain himself and what he was here for, asked to see our Comcast bill, and told us the options he could offer to reduce our bill by switching to Direct TV. Everything sounded great. My family decided to give it some thought before making a decision, and when we told the sales rep. this he became a bit insistent, asking what there was " to think about" several times. He also mentioned some inappropriate off subject topics and was somewhat argumentative when explaining "how he sees it" . So while I don't know how they are at providing service, the salesman I experienced prompted me to lock the door after he stubbornly left. Very weird. During his sales routine, he also made several mistakes, when explaining the monthly bill and didn't seem to understand basic things that I already did understand. So that's my 2 cents.

11th of Feb, 2011

wow, weather your linx or walmart its sad when a bad apple employee can give you a bad name. But i have been with 4 different sales companies and i am shocked at some of these comments. Kevin is and has been one of the most carrying humans i have met, but the one consistent is how much they dedicate to Costomer service, like 100% over any of my previous companies and thats why any good hearted employees call linx home. so if people are just upset they cant get out of there contracts cause they changed there minds, that doesnt give them the right to to badmouth good companies helping so many people

• Pe
      6th of Mar, 2012

I once worked for linx and know exactly how the ex employees and customer's feel about how crooked LINX really is. Im responsible for the closing of the modesto, ca office and the san louise obispo office. they need to be kicked back to utah and stay out of california. kevin and his brother are the owners and they are supposed to be religious mormons and they give that religion a very bad name with how they are as human beings. very insensitive to others and their business. signing us customers who are in a contract with another service is a NO NO and shows how dishonest LINX really is. If your a sale rep looking for a way better way email me. no games, no drama, just real sales and real money.

• Tl
      18th of Apr, 2013

I worked for LINX 2 years ago, and quit after 2 weeks. Don't waste your time as an employee or a customer.