Linksys / poor customer service

United States Review updated:
I bought a range extender for my wireless router as one room in my home had a bad signal. The "easy" startup disk didn't work so I called Linksys. They told me they could help manually configure the range extender but, since the router was purchased previously and out of warranty, they could not tell me how to configure the router to be compatible with the range extender without paying for the service (BOTH linksys products)!!! I said do you want me to return a $100.oo product since I cannot figure out how to sync the two or spend 5 minutes helping me with a simple configuration? They could care less. I asked for a supervisor and after being on hold for 45 minutes, they hung up on me. Unbelievable!!! I am fit to be tied. What kind of customer service is that? Guess I'll return the product and they wont get the sale. What a sad, sad company!
Pa

Comments

Do
  30th of Sep, 2009
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:57:21 +0000 (GMT)
From: messenger@webex.com
Subject: Transcript of WebEx support session with Support Representative,
Ma. Reina P. (29826).
To: lyon@docjava.com
X-Forwarded-for: lyon.docjava@gmail.com dlyon@optonline.net
Delivered-to: lyon.docjava@gmail.com
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 69.64.89.63 is
neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of
messenger@webex.com) smtp.mail=messenger@webex.com
X-Forwarded-To: dlyon@optonline.net
Original-recipient: rfc822;dlyon@optonline.net

This is the session transcript you requested for session # 338283170 with Ma. Reina P. (29826) on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:57 am

Hello
Please wait... Your number in the queue: 4
Ma. Reina P. (29826) has joined this session.
from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
Hello Douglas Lyon! Welcome to Linksys Live Chat. How may I help you?

from Douglas Lyon to All Participants:
Agent 47194 hung up on me. I am case number 090930-001954 serial number CSV01J4K3912
from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
Please give me 2 minutes here, Sir.

model number wrt54G2V1
from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
Let me check the previous case.

from Douglas Lyon to All Participants:
I am trying to hook up a VPN network and have opened the ports. I am using openvpn to establish the connection between my mac and a linux box running fedora 12. Do you have documentation that can help me?
from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
Thank you for waiting, Sir, We only have to open VPN ports on the router.

they are open
May I have the ports?

from Douglas Lyon to All Participants:
how can I give them to you?
from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
You have lowered the MTU and Disabed the Block WAN request as well. Correct?

from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
Okay, you just want steps on how to access your VPN using MAC or Linux. Correct?

yes, from mac to linux.
Please hold on.

from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
Thank you for waiting, Sir. The compuets are working fine, only the VPN connection from MAC to Linux is not, right?

right!
from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
Thank you so much for the information. This concern is beyond the scope of chat support and I won?t be able to assist further. I do, however, have a couple of support options for you to choose from. First off, we have our award-winning 24/7 online support tools. Second, we can offer you fee-based technical support to assist with your 3rd party product. How would you like to proceed?

from Douglas Lyon to All Participants:
I just want documentation, do you have documentation?
from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
Alright! The online support tools are located at http://www.linksysbycisco.com/kb

from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
For your records, the case number of this session is 090930-005652.

from Douglas Lyon to All Participants:
also, award winning 24x7 tech support has hung up me twice.
47194 hung up on me.
from Douglas Lyon to All Participants:
and my initial call was also a hang up.
from Ma. Reina P. (29826) to All Participants:
I apologize for that, Sir. you may try the the 800 number which is 866-978-1316.

However, it's fee-based.
Ji
  3rd of Jun, 2010
Worst customer service experience ever. My unit has consistently had issues with overheating, but it did not degrade the performance of the wireless speeds. That changed recently and I'm basically operating at modem speeds. It is clear this is a known issue from reading blogs on this model (WRT310N) but Linksys denies it. Because my unit is a month out of warranty the company will not even help troubleshooting the device without a $30 payment. Next I was forwarded to "customer service" with the promise of a replacement unit and a case #. The customer service rep could not locate the case # and spent the next 10 minutes trying to sell me a new router or a refurbished router. No offer or interest in replacing the unit. Sorry Linksys, never again.
Fr
  11th of Jul, 2015
Worse Customer service seriously, i called for them to help me out connect my internet to my new Router and they told me i had to pay $30 bucks for them to help me out, Worse item ever Bought in my life 1st they told me first 90 days are free but they could only help me if i pay, thats rediculous!!!
Lynksys is the worse and imma do everything possible to ruin this Company and take it down i dont care how many Lawyers i have to use imma do everything possible for that company to pay for their extremely bad Customer service.
Ex
  6th of Jun, 2017
I wish I had read your complaint before wasting money on Linksys products. I had the same experience with RE4000W extenders. Instructions were inadequate and software won't work with Windows 10 (which they don't tell you). No support unless I pay for "Premium" package based on date of manufacture, not date of purchase. Because these are made overseas and marketed in bulk, warranty is often expired before you buy them. They also state in the warranty fine print that there is no warranty on their software or even that the product will reliably work. Unbelievable! Never, ever, buying Linksys again.

Linksys Logo Linksys