Linkpoint Central / fraud

1 Brier, WA, United States Review updated:

I was contacted by First Data in California which insisted that they had 'internet' merchant account 'deals' that were very reasonable. I was told it would be 25.00 a month to have one, that seemed fine, and I signed papers that were mailed to me. I'm a law student and I looked these over, and they all seemed to be pretty much boilerplate. There were no obvious gotchas.

After I signed, Linkpoint called me up insisting that they could NOT activate my account without a hardware purchase. This is something that I'd been very clear on with First Data, that I did not want or need hardware, and would refuse to do business with them if I had to buy hundreds of dollars in equipment just to sell over the internet.

Linkpoint insisted that the equipment could be billed out at 20.00 a month for just one year, and that it was a very good value. I told them I'd look at the equipment. They said they had to bill me before they could ship it. I agreed to one payment and stated that I'd better see hardware or I'd close the account.

Two months, no hardware. They billed me twice, and I shuttered the checking account. Now I'm getting collections for 500.00 from linkpoint, which I will ignore. No court in the world would ever side with them. I HOPE they sue, because it would be great fun to appear in court and make them eat dirt.

These people are A55holes. I never got connected, was never able to process any billing, and never got any hardware. This lesson cost me over 250.00.

Short story:

Avoid linkpoint unless you are one of those people who just pays off the credit card every month without checking to see who charges you. These are the people that seem happy with them. I've never met anyone who likes them. Personally, I'll stick with google checkout, because the banking industry is a screw festival.

DL

Comments

• To
      18th of Apr, 2009

I have been using linkpoint central for a few years. The agreement was $50 per month which could vary slightly depending upon my revenue. Well it had went up a bit but not by much. I was inexperienced with these types of credit card processors and I am one who doesn't check up on my statements thoroughly. I had just recently noticed that they are now taking out about $400 per month in charges when my credit card sales are under $5000. I am now disputing these charges, they have obviously been padding the bills
    so hopefully I will be able to get that money back. I have now ditched them!

Linkpoint Central - NOT RECOMMENDED!

• Xx
      23rd of Jul, 2010

ya realy i have linkpoints to i did sale with link and under right told me i had do 50k of sale to get my othere sale done so now i may to cancel link points to go back paypal linkpoints has change sinces 5 years ago they pull fees out frist now to send paymet to your befor was other way around thine pull fees and like saying about there trims of ticket sales has change too as will if you do not make there sale amount of 50k they wont give you time of day for othere amount that your missing on your buyers salles to commplet there order witch i think totly BS of link points all no link points in basis of Arzoina usa there main oiffices for sale so bewear of there sale scamms to you agree to there poilicys to sale tickets sales market they hold othere funs on you untell you hit 50 k witch is Bs Baa bad way goo

• Fo
      27th of Jan, 2011

This is easily the worst processing company you can think of. A few years back I had to put a 5, 000 deposit with First Data to use MasterCard and Visa for online payments. My experience with them is that they don't respond to phone calls and their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with (and I have dealt with some bad ones over the years)... Also they charge waaaaaay too much upfront fees and also some hidden fees... Set up with them was not easy and dragged on forever...
    Just go with paypal (which I did) in about one minute and no need to talk to anyone. I now use paypal exclusively and have no regrets. PAYPAL handles all card types yet you have to pay HIGH ADDITIONAL FEES with First Data to get anything beyond MC and VISA.
    I have tried to get my deposit from Linkpointcentral / First data and it has been a nightmare.
    I am considering suing them for my deposit which is due to me but I can't talk to them about it since I am being sent to a machine and nobody ever returns my calls. STAY AWAY FROM FIRST DATA AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE THEY ARE SELLING YOU.

• De
      30th of Apr, 2011

I have had similar experience with them. They not only charged us up front, they kept over $25K of our money for over 6 a year, and would not release the money. After many calls, hours of being on hold, finally, our attorney was able to get this money back from them. To top it off, we had customers who were on periodic billing, and although they were removed from the system by us, and nothing would show on their system, they continued to charge these individuals' old expired credit cards. Each one costing us $0.26 per day per account. These charges are not detailed out even on their statement. But time scam, STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS. We have been working with Authorize.net for years for our different business, and it has been a joy. Definitely STAY AWAY from FIRST DATA/LINKPOINT.