Linens N Things / Very questionable business practices

1 1740 E. Washington AveYakima, WA, United States Review updated:

I went into the store to pick up an advertised sale item. They were out of stock. They told me they ran out the first day of the sale. This has happened every time I have gone into their store in the 3 years they have been open here except once. I have heard this complaint many times about this company. Get the customer into the store for a sale item, they're out, but look at this similar item for twice or so the price. This has happened to me within an hour of opening on first sale day. It seems like very questionable business practices.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      21st of Apr, 2008

Our son was traveling internationally and was late on "1" payment. Interest went up to 26.99% for ***12*** months. We paid the bill off in full and NO ONE IN OUR FAMILY WILL EVER BUY ANYTHING AT Linens 'n Things EVER AGAIN! Please, do the same. Avoid these stores...avoid Linens 'n Things...do not buy anything at Linens 'n Things!

• St
      10th of Oct, 2008

i love lnt and they are always stocked for their ads and if they are not it is because it is an online only item and it says so on thwe ad. i think it is wrong to tell people not to shopp their i love shopping thier the employees are very helpful and always no info about the items that they sell

• El
      2nd of Nov, 2008

They are currently having a going out of business sale (yea!!) They were offering a 10 to 30% off selected items.
    I could not find anything that reflected that kind of discount. I asked an employee about it and she said "only selected items" were discounted.
    When I asked her to show me the sale items she suddenly got busy and could not help me...
    I wonder if they are really going out of business or if this is just another ploy on their part.

17th of Nov, 2008

I went into Linens and Things this past weekend. They had washcloths (among other things) left over to buy. The washcloths were priced at 2.99 and the sign above said there would be an additonal 70% off the lowest price. When I went to purchase these washcloths, the cashier started scraping off the $2.99 price and scanning the original price. I asked him what he was doing and he said that he had to scan the original price and would give 70% off that. I told him that was not what the signs suggests and that he had to give me 70% off the 2.99. He said, "that is not what we are told to do." I told him to keep his washcloths. That type of misleading of customers "pissed me off." I'm so glad their out of business.

• Go
      19th of Nov, 2008

Recently, I shopped at a LNT sale during the great going out of business sale gimmick and wasn't too surprised to see artificially raised price stickers covering lower original prices (around $2 more) on some of the items.

I bought quite a few window sheers at LNT a couple of years back when there was a mail-in rebate tactic in place for window treatment purchases. I believe it was geared toward receiving a $100 gift card for purchasing $200 or more in window treatments. I used numerous BB&B coupons to get $15 sheers for under $10 each. I then sent in my voucher and had to call several times in order to get them to send my $100 gift card. About three month later, just before my birthday, I received another $100 gift card. I just love the over-priced stainless steel trash can I bought with the second card. I think it was fair turn-around as the customer is usually the one getting screwed by the large corporation. Beware BB&B. Woo-Hoo!