Linens 4 You / Scam and cheating

United States Review updated:
2.5

I purchased a comforter set from this company in May 2008. My purchase was paid for with a debit card. They promptly took their payment. I finally received the product in June, and was not satisfied with the color. I returned the merchandise to the company. They received it on July 3. It is now November, and I have yet to receive a refund. They keep insisting that I contact my 'credit card company' to issue a form to reverse the charges. My bank does does offer this service for payments on my debit card.

After several calls and emails, I was told on August 3 that they would be happy to issue a refund by check, but to allow 3-6 weeks. It has now been FOURTEEN weeks and all I get out of them is an explanation of how the company has gone through a change in ownership and my refund has been delayed due to changes in policy. I have also been told that my emails were not answered because the communications offices were closed due to renovations.

I have given them every opportunity to make things right. I have sent numerous emails, made phone calls, and mailed a certified letter, with supporting documents. The letter was signed for on 10/24/2008. Still, no return phone call or any correspondence.

My conclusion is that Linens 4 You wants this matter to be handled in court.
Va

Comments

Cr
  15th of Jan, 2009
It seems this is the 'Linens 4 You' business model - charge for merchandise, never ship it, and keep the money. I placed a $475.00 order fer sheets 20 days ago, and my card was immediately charged. I have yet to receive any merchandise from them. The website has only shown that the item is 'ordered'. I have checked it periodically, and there is no indication of the order being shipped. I have been unable to reach anybody there by phone and they sent a robotic reply to my email inquiry. I plan to inform the attorney-general's office of this scam operation. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!
Jr
  24th of Jan, 2009
I placed an order in September. They charged my card immediately and I never got the merchandise. They will not answer my calls or email e back. I even sent a fax, but received NO answer.
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. IT IS A SCAM
J. Rogevich
Gi
  11th of Mar, 2009
Ordered $83 worth of sheets in December of 08 - it's now March, I've called (disconnected number) and emailed, no reposnse.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Gina Fant-Saez
Ge
  12th of Mar, 2009
I placed an order with this company in June 2007. They processed the Visa payment for $175 immediately and listed my item as "ordered". As of November 2007, no product was received and neither e-mails nor calls to the company were returned. I enlisted the services of the Visa order dispute department to recover the payment. The charge on my Visa was reversed, but I never received any communication from the company. I have a paper trail of these facts should the vendor wish to challenge them. I can only conclude that Linens4You.com is running an internet scam business.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH LINENS4YOU.COM
THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND PROVIDE NO PRODUCT OR SERVICES
YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF!

G. Eby
La

Linens 4 You - Awful experience
Linens 4 You
linens4you.com

I placed an order in August 2008 for some sheets. They charged my credit card the same day and sent a confirmation number to use to check the progress of my order.

After a month had passed with no shipment received, I started to check regularly on their website to see if the order was shipped, but each time it only showed as 'ordered'. At approx. 6 weeks after the order, I began trying to contact them. I first tried by phone, but one number was disconnected and the other kept going to an answering machine, so I left messages but they never returned my calls.

I then tried faxing them to cancel the order, but again had no response. I emailed on numerous occasions but never received an answer. Meanwhile, my order STILL shows as 'ordered' on their system. I have yet to reach anyone by phone, fax or email! At one point when I went online to their site, they said they were updating the website and to be patient. However, nothing has happened yet and it has been 5 months now.

I recently filed a complaint with the Washington state Attorney General's office and they are starting an investigation. I encourage others to do the same, as this is obviously not a reputable company!
Cr
  8th of Jun, 2016
I have had a nearly identical experience with Linens 4 You. My order was placed on Dec. 26th, and my account was immediately charged for the full purchase price, $475.00. I suspect I've been ripped off, as my purchase has been shown as 'ordered' on their website for weeks, but I am unable to reach anybody at the company by phone, and there is no indication that there has been shipment of my order, after 20 days.

Most reputable companies do not charge until the order has been shipped, and I've read of a number of customers who have been charged for orders and have never received them, and are unable to reach anyone at Linens 4 You. I plan to contact the attorney general's office about this company
Mo

Linens 4 You - Company Keeps Ripping people off
Linens 4 You
Florida
linens4you.net

The owner of this company lives in Miami, Fl, yet claims her company is in Oregon. That is one big fat lie. How do I know this? Simply put..I used to work for her. I was so sick of hearing how people never received their bedding and never received a return for their "so called purchases", that I refused to work for her any longer. When I quit she tried to trash my goood name and it took her 5 weeks befire she would even pay me what she owed me. I feel so sorry for those that are completely innocent and know nothing of her crooked ways. She still continues to rip people off and is getting away with it. It doesn't do any good to report this person to the FBI(which I did)or the BBB. They are sitting on their fat behinds doing nothing!!!Her website looks horrible and her bedding isn't much to speak of! It's way over priced and not worth losing money over. There are even several reports on her on [redacted].com...and she is still in business. Will someone please shut this bi%#h down before someone gets ripped off???
Ve
IT HAPPEN TO ME THEY TOOK MY MONEY AND NEVER SENT TE ITEM I ORDER
I AM JUST GLAD IT WAS NOT ALOT OF MONEY LIKE WITH OTHER PEOPLE
I FELT BETRAYED AND I LOST MY TRUSTH IN ONLINE STORES.