Linder’s Furniture / Sold me bogus warranty on furniture

I purchased two twin beds from Linders Furniture in Torrance, Ca. I was encouraged to buy the extended warranty in case they broke, chipped, etc. I was not really sold on the idea but the salesperson said, if your kids jump on the bed and it breaks we replace it. I was told if the paint chips they would fix it or replace it with a new one. I spent over $1, 000 on the beds alone and decided I would get the insurance. Well one of the beds cracked on the headboard. I called Linders and it took me 6 weeks to get the repair people out. They did inform me that the crack was not covered under the warranty. I was totally pissed and told them that I was told it would be covered for any repair or replacement. They told me there was a more expensive warranty that I did not get which would have covered it. I told them what the *** did I pay for that was over $200? I will never ever purchase from Linders again, never!!! I did purchase furniture from Living Spaces and was very pleased with the whole experience.

Va

Comments

• Va
      31st of Aug, 2008
    Linder’s Furniture - Poor quality
    Linder’s Furniture
    lindersfurniture.com

2 months ago I bought an entertainment center from linders furniture which cost $1, 565.85 I was happy at first with the product but then this is what happened. The wood grain began to peel and one of the glass doors fell off! I came home one day from work and their it was on the floor broken in pieces. I looked at the hinges and saw that the screws came off the hinges. That struck me very wrong and suspicious so I took a closer look and found a piece of cardboard inserted into the tiny holes. Apparently when the guys that delivered the furniture and assembled it stripped the screws where the hinges went and inserted the cardboard to make up the difference. I called them on both of these items on 2 different occasions and ZERO results. This Linders Furniture place is nothing but a Two bit furniture store that should be located in a Swap Meet. At least at the Swap Meet you are aware of "you pay for what you get" But with Linders "buyer beware" "you pay for what you get" which is very bad service that will not take care of the issues when arise because it will always be "your fault" and not theirs. Consumers, do yourself a favor and avoid the headaches "Don't buy at Linders Furniture" Your better off ordering online at Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears, or even Target. These Scammer Furniture Store will not do anything for you when you’re in need. Oh ya, did I mention I purchased the Furniture guarantee? No good, not covered because the way they see it is that one day I was board I began to peel off the wood grain and then later I was board again and broke the glass door. This is the mentality of these people, to me I have a word for which is "ignorance" I should have checked this company out before I bought because if I would have, I would have gotten a clear picture of them. Now I know that I am not alone in this matter with this company.

• Ap
      3rd of Apr, 2010

I too have had the same problem. We bought a Mitsubishi 57" 1080 TV. We purchased the extra warranty in which we were told that if ANYTHING went wrong with the TV they would come out to fix it or outright replace it with a brand new one.
    Not even 2 years after buying this TV it started turning off by itself and refused to come back on. We live in a nice place, with no children and nothing that could have possibly happened to the TV. We called Linders Furniture and the man who helped us DARIUS in LAGUNA HILLS said that that was not covered under the warranty!!! That it was a bad bulb and we have to replace it. It costs over $300.00 each time we have to replace it and so far we've had to do it 3 times and we may need to do it again.

I have called Mitsubishi and they refuse to replace anything as well. I've looked up several complaints on the internet and they are all the same as my TV. So i think it's just a terrible TV. But LINDER'S FURNITURE is a rip off company. It is the worst company i've ever bought from, i am continuing to spread the word to never buy from Linder's Furniture. They talk you into buying an expensive warranty that in reality covers nothing!!! The president of Linder's Furniture will soon hear from me.

• Ba
      24th of May, 2013

by any chance does any one have the warranty company number?