Limewire.co.uk / Program doesn't work and can't get a refund.

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I subscribed to limewire.co.uk and got 360 share pro (nothing saying it was linked to limewire or anything) which worked for one day. Now it pops up with an error message and won't work, and the only way I can close it is to go into task manager and shut it down there. Sometimes the error message won't leave the screen and I have to restart the computer. I have tried to contact them for a refund but they say my username is not valid... help!

Comments

• Lu
      24th of Jan, 2007

The same thing has happened to me it worked for about two weeks then wont connect to the network to download anything. I emailed them and then they replayed told me what to do i did it and it still didn't work then i asked for my money back and they have just ignored me now.

• St
      25th of Apr, 2007
    Limewire.co.uk - Cant get downloads
    United Kingdom

Have signed up for Limewire.co.uk to get downloads and i have paid by credit card. Installed all the software that was required and had to then reinstall as it would not work first time still not working.

• Ge
      28th of May, 2007
    Limewire.co.uk - Paid for limwire but never received
    United Kingdom

I recently purchased limewire from the online site limewire.co.uk. The money was debited from my credit card but i was unable to download the software. I feel i have been duped into paying for an illegal site. These sites should not be allowed to con people into paying good money for software that does not exist. I would like your help in receiving my money back.

• Mr
      10th of Jul, 2007

I have had the same experience with Limewire 360 as a number of others. Have paid for it, but it will not work & can't contact them to obtain a refund of my card payment. Feel I have been conned & all I can do is dispute the payment with my bank when it goes through. Have to reboot my whole system now & transfer my funds to a second bank account, as I don't feel safe keeping it in the one I use now. This site should be booted off the net!

• Yo
      11th of Jul, 2007

How do i get a refund from limewire ?

• Kc
      20th of Jul, 2007

I can't make any comment about the service albeit it sounds abysmal. However, In order to make Limewire operate properly you will need to allow 'Cookies' etc so ensure that your security level for them is set to 'Medium' on your Windows security center. Go to your Windows firewall: if you have a bespoke security service such as Norton or McAfee, turn your windows firewall to OFF. Go to your working firewall and put the Limewire website address in your exception list. If you don't have bespoke security software, go to your windows firewall and make sure it is ON and then likewise, go to your exception list and add Limewire. I'm not saying that this is the cure for you but this is the usual 'fault' as to why such sites fail to operate.

• Su
      20th of Jul, 2007

I have also just upgraded to limewire pro,and paid 18 dollars.Have not been upgraded, and limewire say they have no record of my payment. I'm very annoyed. Is there anything I can do about this? They are refusing to even answer my complaint.

Thanks,
    Suzie.

• Lm
      3rd of Dec, 2007

Exactly the same as above, company advertising 360 implying compulsory and suggesting fee of £0.99 per month charge up front fees of £59 and then you can't download anything and they now claim not to recognize my email address. Watch out for http://musicformembers.com/loginv2.asp.

They are CON merchants!

20th of Dec, 2007

I too on Dec.19/07 was charged $54.12 US . Got a confirmation telling me login at musicformembers.com/loginv2.asp but am told it is a fraud.

• Le
      30th of Dec, 2007
    Limewire.co.uk - Rip off!
    limewire.co.uk
    17256 62 ave
    Surrey
    British Columbia
    Canada
    Phone: 604-576-8586
    www.Limewire.co.uk

Advertising lead me to believe i was paying one amount. Was charged a heck of a lot more for things i didn't want.

• Pa
      3rd of Jan, 2008

I subscribed to limewire and got share 360 pro. I got charged more than I thought. Worse still, the 360 Share Pro that I downloaded does not work. What should I do?

• Et
      5th of Jan, 2008

I HAVE A STATEMENT THAT SAYS LIMEWIRE TOOK 88. DOLLARS OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND I STILL CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANY MUSIC OR ANYTHING. I THINK LIMEWIRE IS NOTHING BUT A RIP OFF THEY NEED TO STOP TRYING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF AND FIX THE PROBLEM THAT THEY HAVE STARTED

• Os
      3rd of Feb, 2008

Dear All
    I was asked by my daughter to join this Limewire site to complement the MP3 I bought her for her birthday, the amount for a life time membership was stated to be 32 pounds, I recently received my credit card bill to find that this Company has conned me and charged me 67 pounds for other software I did not ask for. Could anybody please stop this kind of scam? I will ask you kindly to stop this kind of money embezzlement from normal people.

Best regards

• Ju
      6th of Feb, 2008

Strongly agree, I have been tucked up, I have written to them, no response
    down the pan for £60=. Who is regulating these cowboys ?

• Pe
      15th of Feb, 2008

uable to eccess site ,over paid

• Jr
      6th of Mar, 2008

I paid for lifetime membership and a few months later got a new vista computer. Limewire is now saying my password does not exist. Yet I have friends who are using it through with Vista. Any suggestions gratefully received. ?

• To
      15th of Sep, 2008

I was under the apprehension that once I paid for and joined Limewire, that I would be a member for life. I had a period when my computer crashed and I "lost contact" with limewire, and when I tried to revive my member-ship, it was not recognised that I was a fully paid up life-time member.How do I regain the information which proves that I am, or was, alife-time member, again. Please respond to my complaint.
    Many thanks, and kind regards,

Tom Young, ty010d1046@blueyonder.co.uk

• Sh
      1st of Apr, 2009

i got limewire 360share and now it say my password dont exist and paid for it with my visa card by sheryl mueller