Lights of America / Scam and cheating

I purchased a LED under the counter light set consisting of four light 'pucks' each containing 24 individual LEDs. The package said the product was warranted for 2 years. Within 2-3 months, two of the pucks had gone out. The set costs approximately $25 at Costco, but since I could not find the original receipt, Lights of America would not replace the bad 'pucks'. Additionally, if I had found the receipt I would have been responsible for sending the entire set back to the company for replacement, paying postage myself. All in all not much of a warranty and not much of a product. I have seen several complaints on-line about this item, but LoA does not seem included to do anything about it and have they taken the item off their website product line page.

Pa

Comments

• Ra
      18th of Jun, 2010

My experience with Lights of America products, although a different product than yours, is just about the same as I see on other posts around the internet. I bought two of the 65W dusk/dawn yard light, and each one failed within 3 to 6 months. On one, the board "blew up" inside, and I'm lucky nothing caught on fire.

I will no longer purchase any LOA product. Cheap, isn't always less expensive. Installing, and uninstalling a blown out fixture, cost more money in time than it would to install a more expensive and dependable fixture, and never have to touch it again, except to replace a bulb every 8000 hours...