Lightner & Associates / Loss of web site

1 3841 North Canyon RoadCamino, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 530-518-9331

I used Hughes.net Web Services to host my blog. Apparently they were using Tucows to service this service but on the 18th of July they migrated the service in-house. I had no warning of this and my first indication was that I could not log into my blog administrator to post on my blog. It gave me a URL Not Found message. I got this all weekend so I contacted Hughes.net web services and after 3 dropped calls and one misdirection I finally found out about the Tucow situation and that I would have to log into a new site with new software to administer my site. When I did this, my site no longer existed and most of the content (almost 2 years of posting and pictures) was lost. Hughes.net informed me that I could log into my old administrator with a new address and transfer the text that was left over and they would give me two months credit. So for a lousy $8 I could try to rebuild my site by myself after they had destroyed it and I had lost all my photo's. I choose to transfer to another host and will never use them again. If this is the state of American enterprise, it is no wonder the rest of the world is passing us by. P.S. Tech support off-shore simply does not work.

Comments