Lightinthebox Dresses / beware of dealings with this company

United Kingdom Review updated:

I placed an order with LightInTheBox.com for a cocktail dress after reading fairly reasonable reviews on their own website, unfortunately I felt confident after one of their 'live chats' which was mistake. There is no other way to contact the company or seek information nor redress. The dress is not yet due for delivery but I have already lost confidence, a) after trying to contact them and b) reading the quite complaints here.
My conclusion is that this is not a very professional set up, they are borderline fraudulent and very dodgy. With hindsight, I would not deal with them.
I have managed to find an address but no phone number of email:
No. 56 Dong Si Huan Zhong Lu, Ocean International Center A Bld [protected]
Chao Yang District
City: Beijing
Country: China
Postal code:100025

Ju

Comments

• Ju
      1st of May, 2012

Lightinthebox is a fraudulent business, their available contact details are these:
    Their Paypal email for payments is: [protected]@lightingbox.com
    Skype 1-650-384-0049 (USA?)
    No. 56 Dong Si Huan Zhong Lu, Ocean International Center A Bld 2506-2507
    Chao Yang District
    City: Beijing
    Country: China
    Postal code:100025

Ultimately once can pursue the matter by resorting to having their website shut down, as I am finding out, there is more than sufficient evidence of business malpractice.

• Li
      1st of May, 2012

Dear Juno,

Thank you for shopping with us and telling us about your experience. Let me follow up with you via email about your order. In the meantime, please send me the order number to [protected]@lightinthebox.com so I will be able to open a Customer Service ticket for you and you will be able to check the progress of your request by accessing My Tickets on our website. Follow this link to view the ticket center: http://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_center and our customer service team will help you there.

Angelie/LightInTheBox

• Wi
      4th of May, 2012

I also has a fraudulent experience with this company.
    After placing my order, a iPhone accessorizes kit, I was able to follow the order after logging in on their website and they let me see that the item was shipped. But it never arrived.
    Suddenly a week later I couldn't logging in anymore. The site stated that my mail address was unknown and if you can't log in you are also not able to complaint because there is no other way to contact them.

This is a fraudulent site and I warning against them!!

Willem Bont