Lighting Gallery / Fraudulent Business Practices

1 7807 Inwood RoadDallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: (214) 353-9112‎

The Lighting Gallery at 7807 Inwood Road in Dallas is a fraudulent business. Despite their Website claims to be a family business that “strives for “100% 5 star feedback” and provides “email support to all of our customers” you will be ignored.

I purchased a ceiling fan before Christmas through the Lighting Gallery website. The domain name for this website is registered under GoDaddy.com, Inc by Bryan Roth (brynay@sbcglobal.net). His apparent wife, Renee M. Roth (lightinggal@sbcglobal.net), is one in the same who is also selling these same items on ebay and ioffers.

Nonetheless, after two weeks I tried to register an account on their website to track my order, but this page did not work. I then emailed them to include my order number and item description as instructed, but never received that promised “quick and concise response.” In fact, I am yet to receive any response. I have also made numerous calls and left several voicemails to no avail. To date, they have the money and I having nothing. I filed an on-line consumer complaint with the Texas Attorney General’s Office and the Better Business Bureau.

Dh

Comments

• Pa
      20th of May, 2009

Yes, I have had a terrible experience with 5 Star furnishings as well. Or whatever other handle they use. Stay away also from www.lightinggal.net and Lighting Gallery. Even Ebay has banned them from the site. They are trying to sell on othersites as www.bonanzle & www.merchantcircle.com as well.

I was lucky enough to receive the goods but had to return them . They never reimbursed my Credit card so at this point i would take the crappy fans back. I have done everything I can to keep other people on the internet from buying from them.

Toby Taylor is the fake name I received f Internet Account Sales 5starfurnishings

STAY AWAY THEY ARE BAD BUSINESS INVESTMENT

I have also filed complaints with the Texas Attorney General’s Office and the Better Business Bureau and Dallas Police.

• Pi
      7th of Sep, 2009

I too was duped by this company. They have my money, I have no product. A year ago I placed an order in good faith. When after several weeks and no tracking information, I started my quest to communicate - by email, by phone, by letter. Only once did I make a connection, and was responded to with a curt "what item, what number?" Then again heard nothing back. Finally I took it to the Better Business Bureau in Dallas. They attempted to contact them but got no response either.

I am surprised to see they are still in business! Buyers. BEWARE!!!

• Cj
      17th of Aug, 2010

Vendor claims shipping will occur within 24 hours of charging card (its on their website) and shipping details will be provided within 48 hours.

Well, I have been trying to get them to directly answer my questions for over 3 weeks.

My card was charged right away. No shipping info given. When contacted (for the 3rd time), I was told item wound ship early next week. When early next week came and went, was told Friday (after inquiring again). It is now Tuesday evening, 8/17/2010. I placed the order 7/26/2010, and was charged and am now disputing the charges since I will no longer spend any more of my time with sellers such as this.

21st of Nov, 2010

Stay away from lightinggal.com (Bryan Roth) in Texas. They sent me wrong product then told me to deal with it. Real jerks.

• Br
      21st of Dec, 2010

No fraud.
    We satisfy thousands of customers every year.
    Give us a call and let us help you.
    We special order the products that the other guys wont even touch!
    And we get a bad rap for it!!
    1 day lamp repair and great family service.

• Bu
      1st of Feb, 2011

I TRIED to purchase a recliner. I was patient and waited two weeks before inquiring about the expected ship date. I receive a reply from Bryan Roth the same day stating he was away due to illness in his family and that the recliner would ship NEXT week and he would forward the shipping details. I waited roughly 5 days and asked again, nothing! Five days after that I emailed them stating I wanted a refund and that: "I have contacted the District Attorney's office in Dallas, The Special Crime Unit 214-653-3664. I have contacted the Attorney General Consumer Protection Agency 214-969-5310 and I have also contacted the Dallas Police Department 214-671-3502."
    Needless to say I received a reply (Renee Roth and Bryan Roth) explaining that there was death in their family and they hoped that I would understand. I get it! How long does it take to credit back charges to credit card account? Give me a BREAK!!!
    I have sent three additional emails after that to no avail! My husband and I have since purchased a recliner and I am waiting to hear back from the Dallas police and the Attorney General's office.
    This has got to stop! We work hard for our money and crooks like these need to be arrested and locked up!

All I want is my money!!! And maybe a little justice for everyone else who has fallen victim to these [censor]!

Mrs. Stone!!! :-(

• Do
      18th of Sep, 2011

I purchased coat racks on 9/13 from this company. I emailed prior to them shipping to ask for any expediting that could be done and received an email within hours saying they would ship same day or next. I received the product on 9/15. No issues and quick response. Product as stated in their website.