Light In The Box / returns/refund

US Review updated:

I purchased a dress for my daughters wedding from Lightinthebox.com. Once I received the dress and tried it on the sleeves were WAY to small. I contacted them the very next day to start the return process. First they told me the dresses were tailor made and I would not be able to return it. Thankfully, arm measuraments were not listed on thier website so they agreed to have me send it back. After spending $45 to send it back to China I receive an email telling me they inspected the dress and it appeared to have been worn and could only refund me 50%. They said they found hair fibers on the dress. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! The only time the dress was on my body was when I tried it on. There is no way I could have worn it because it would not even go over my arms and I started the return process the day after I signed for delivery. I have asked to speak to a supervisor so I will update everyone with how it goes. Companies like this make you scared to buy anything online.

Comments

•   Oct 17, 2012

Dear Customer,

Thank you for shopping with us and telling us about your experience. Please send us your order number, so that Customer Service can find you in our system. We will follow up with you via email about your request. Since you already have a Customer Service ticket open, please follow the link http://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_center to check the progress of your request.

LightInTheBox

• Ce
      Jun 04, 2013

I too am having the same problem with a dress that I ordered from Light in the Box! I ordered a dress size 8, which should have fit according to their measurements. I knew better then to order from this web site, because of the complaints that I have read about. However I really liked the dress! The return policy is aweful! I had to take pictures of myself in the dress and prove that it didn't fit! I finally got the ok to return it, so I paid $50 in US postage to receive my $200 refund. Now they are telling me that they only received the shawl, which was part of my order! and they only want to refund me $12. I shipped the dress, shawl and a jacket all in the same box! I fear I will never receive the refund, and I'm out both the money and the dress! A word to the wise, never order from Light in the Box!!! Unless you have money to throw away!