Light In The Boxextra charges

Watch out for this company when I received their goods there was a charge from UPS of £56 (the goods only cost £120) which was for import duties. This is not made clear and has increased the cost of the item considerably. Look elsewhere!

Sc

Comments

•   Aug 03, 2011

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We do understand that many customers can be confused about the importation taxes incurred upon delivery.

We have included a full section in our Knowledge Page informing customers that in some cases, customs or import duties may be applied once a package reaches its destination country, and recipients are responsible for any additional charges for customs clearance. LightInTheBox.com has no control over the imposition of these customs or import duties and cannot predict what (if any) duties there will be.

Please refer to the following link: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c10/a29.html for more information.

Regards,

LightInTheBox.com

• Sh
      Apr 09, 2012

I also placed an order of £50 a couple of weeks ago; this included a shipping charge of £15. As I wasn't home, UPS dropped a card for me requesting me to pay an additional £19.95! Light In The Box are deceitful in not making this additional cost transparent. I don't intend to pay it and will be asking for a refund.

• Te
      Jan 14, 2013

This happened to me too!!! I ordered a mobile phone and a few weeks later received a claim for additional 100 $ from UPS, WTF is this??? Shame on you Lightinthebox MF.

• Ri
      Feb 20, 2018

I bought three taps from lightinbox, one of them was faulty (plumbing) but I thought it might have been the plumber who installed it.
    The other two are starting to pit. That is, the plating on the front of the tap is starting to come off. The taps are:

Contemporary Centerset Waterfall Ceramic Valve One Hole Single Handle One Hole Nickel Brushed, Bathroom Sink Faucet #[protected]

Be warned.

Blasted things are two weeks out of warranty (12 months). Didn't expect anything to start losing its plating that quickly.