Light In The Box / do not buy from them

United States Review updated:
Light In The Box
I ordered a phone almost a month ago and they sent me an email saying the phone i wanted was out of stock. well on the site it still doesn't say that the item is out of stock. i sent them an email telling them another item to send instead, but i never got a reply back. i have sent more emails, all with no response. my order status says processing, but it shouldn't take a month to process an order, ever. do not order anything from this site, don't let the fact that you can pay with pay pal fool you. they are very unprofessional and have terrible customer service, as in none. DO NOT BUY.

A  17th of Mar, 2009 by
I totally agree! They have ripped me off over $300 and they refuse to give me my money back! And half of the items I didn't even order and they still charged me...I wrote to their customer service department and no response. Not only that, but there was not packaging slip or return information for the items. I had to pay out of my own pocket for shipping of over $60 (standard mail) just to return all their crappy products that were poorly made and other items I didn't even want! It took them over a month and a half to process my order. Even then I had written several email complains about my order. Customer service won't email you back and their 1-800 service number is disconnected! I reported them for fraud to my credit card company. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! YOU WILL BE SORRY, like me.
A  8th of Jun, 2009 by
Same for me unfortunately !!
Do not buy from them!!
A  13th of Nov, 2009 by
while i havent dealt with this company, always use paypal, if its hasnt arrived in adeququate time, open a paypal dispute and only comunicate thru paypal, if they request copies of identification, which is completly unnessecary,

Immediatly escalate your claim,

Dealing with another shower of B#@$@$@ chineese wholesalers, just the threat of complete escalation was enough to get a full refund.

Never ever ingage in email/livechat communication, it gets you no-where and is un-recorded in relation to paypal.
A  6th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
sadly you can add me to the lists of the taken in. i ordered a memory card for a psp, they charged my account for it but i have no memory card and no proof of buying it on their website. thankful im only out $12.50... moral of the story dont order things from china
A  28th of Feb, 2011 by
I bought an underwater sports video camera RD31, it doesn't work but the most annoything thing is that when I loaded the camera driver into my system it turned off my ant virus and ran it's own virus checker which locked all the system then took me to a website to pay £49.99 for their ant virus. I agree with takenin2010 "Don't do business with China
N  13th of Jul, 2011 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Dear Customers,

On behalf of LightInTheBox.com, I would like to apologize for whatever inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. We are continuously working on improving our products and service, so we very much value your feedback.

I would like to invite all customers with pending issues to please post your order number in your comments, this way we can investigate your case and contact you directly.

Otherwise, you can always contact our Customer Service team. They will do their best to offer the most suitable solution to your problem. You simply need to log into your LightInTheBox.com account and submit a ticket.

Please follow this link to read more about how to contact Customer Service: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c5/a2746.html

Our Customer Service team will promptly reply to your inquiry, and should you need more help, you can submit a reply to Customer Service under their answer to the ticket in question. Thank you for your patience.

N  11th of Mar, 2012 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Umm, I just sent in my order today. Now, what I have seen so far tells me no one has any common sense. How high quality/well made do you expect your items to be if you are paying $5.00 for a dress or $50 for a digital camera? I ordered only clothes, never even CONSIDERED getting any electronics. Yeah, you want a beautiful full-princess wedding gown with a 40-foot train- and it only cost $300? Hope you noticed the notation that they are all 100% polyester. And they have every right to be. ITS A THIRD THE COST OF A GENERIC CRAP DAVID'S BRIDAL GOWN! Also, a woman posted she ordered her gown for a May wedding in April. That doesn't give time for alterations or if they send her the wrong dress. It has to come from the OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET. How is it the company's fault this person doesn't understand internet purchases, or have any forethought other than "Oh my God!! These dresses are soo cheap!" That's the operative word here, cheap. It's not "a Deal" or "a Bargain" or "cost-effective" or "inexpensive" Its CHEAP.

Everyone goes in drooling over the low prices, but I was taught that you get what you pay for. I personally don't mind cheap clothing because with the rate things go out of style, it doesn't make sense to spend tons of money on cute trendy clothes. Buy trends cheap, but for staples that last, spend the extra dough.

Light In The Box Logo Light In The Box