Lifetime Network / White Christmas

I look forward to enjoying White Christmas every year and was happy to see it was scheduled for tonight. However, a fair amount of the film has been cut. This is a real disservice to one of our great movie classics. If you are unable to run the full film, then perhaps you have no business showing it in the first place. What a disappointment.

To

Comments

• Di
      30th of Nov, 2008

LIFETIME NETWORK CHANNEL
    Posted: 30th of Nov, 2008 by Diane [send email]
    MOVIE CUTTING

Complaint Rating:
    11/29/08 - I NEVER WATCH THE LIFETIME CHANNEL, AND, WHEN I FINALLY DECIDED TO WATCH "WHITE CHRISTMAS" TONIGHT, I WAS SHOCKED THAT THE CHANNEL WOULD CUT PARTS AND SONGS, THUS RUINING SUCH A CLASSIC.

THE CHANNEL SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR SUCH THOUGHTLESS EDITING...

1st of Dec, 2008

I too watched White Christmass on Lifetime, they cut out the song "Snow" which sets the tone for the whole movie. And the cuts made the movie silly instead of in context. I picture some twenty something editor intern who knows nothing about the movie having done the cuts. A real disservice to viewers.

• Ly
      1st of Dec, 2008

I was so angry, I left the movie and wrote to Lifetime after the Mandy number was missing. I should have known from the first 5 minutes, when parts of the war scenes were cut, that the rest of the movie would not be the same. This movie is a classic that you tore apart. The audacity of LIfetime to butcher a family favorite into merely a showcase for more ads is an abomination.

There is no excuse for cutting any of the movie. If you cannot present it in its entirety, do not show it at all. We had the eggnog out, a plate of goodies and the family gathered. We were so disappointed-it actually ruined our evening.

Vera Ellen's Mandy number is one of her best performances in her life. Not only was she one of the youngest Rockettes ever, she was a show stopper in Mandy. Someone that was watching this movie for the first time was cheated.

1st of Dec, 2008

To the Programmers at LifeTime.

Just what the hell were you thinking by airing "White Christmas" The holiday season premiere (as you put it in graphic before the film) and cut most of the muscial numbers, geez cant you people get it right. And dont answer me back by telling me it was the cable providers fault for on the west coast, "Minstrel/Mandy" and "Choreography" were cut in the segement and then dissolve to next scene. You should be ashamed of yourselves, you committed truly a crime in Television Broadcasting.

May it be on your head...and somebody shoot the programmer who did this horrible crime.

Happy Holidays!
    Jose Lambert

• Al
      19th of Dec, 2008

I love the movie White Christmas and have watched it every year until our tape died on us. I was very excited to find out Lifetime was playing it but when I watched it I was so disappointed. Practically half the movie was cut out including some essential parts to the plot. Also, this movie is a musical so why were the some of songs cut out? Please air it all or not at all. By cutting some of the scenes out you ruin the movie for those who haven't had the chance to see the full movie.