LifeTime Fitness / I contracted a bacterial infection called hot tub folliculitis
I went into their hot tub. My first hot tub visit in 20 years. Shortly thereafter I started itching. I thought I had an allergic reaction to something so I tried treating as if it were an allergy. Finally after a rash appeared and became painful I went to the Doctor and he immediately identified it as Hot Tub Folliculitis. Which according to the CDC is from poorly kept hot tubs. When I got anyone to respond to my attempts to warn them so others would not get infected from the tub --- -their answer was we check the hot tub every 2 hours. I was in the pool area for 3 and not a single employee took a water sample. I spoke to an employee and he seemed shocked that they said it is checked every 2 hours. Impossible for me to contract it if it is checked that frequently. So, to me, if they are dishonest about that - --- what else are they dishonest about keeping up with.
For two weeks my calls and emails went without response. Then the legal department gets involved and of coarse complete denial.
Where is the "I am so sorry this has happened"----"Where is the Customer Service Skills". One lady I left three messages for when she called I told her that the person I FINALLY spoke to yesterday said she already spoke to me. I confronted her and said are you claiming we have spoke ---- she said "I thought we did". I laughed and said there is no way. What happened was I left you three messages and the last one stating how rude it is for you to not call me.
I can be itching for a MONTH, Horrible horrible itching and be left with scars. What did I get. the pleasure of getting more and more pissed off from being ignored.
BEWARE of cleanliness. Protect yourself --- do not count on them keeping up with any health standard.
More LifeTime Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- LifeTime Fitness - stay away from lifetime fitness! 
- LifeTime Fitness - 30 day bogus cancellation policy 
- LifeTime Fitness - lack of supervision! 
- LifeTime Fitness - gay activity in locker not being dealt with 
- LifeTime Fitness - love working there, but upset too 
- LifeTime Fitness - rude! rude! rude! 
- LifeTime Fitness - hot tub rash 
- LifeTime Fitness - membership cancellation policy... move away or die.
- Lifetime Fitness / Romeoville IL - bully employer
- LifeTime Fitness - racism