LifeTime Fitness / harrassment of the public

Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 317-846-9230

About 3 years ago, I called the local Lifetime Fitness in Indianapolis to ask about pricing. I was asked to provide my name and phone number and told that a representative would call me with pricing, which I thought was odd. Someone called me back, and gave pricing information. I told the person I was not interested in a membership, because I found a closer gym with better pricing. I never thought that would lead to THREE YEARS OF HARASSMENT.

After that, every month for three years, I would receive a phone call and mailed letter (even though I never gave them my home address- creepy!) asking me to join Lifetime Fitness. At first, this was just annoying. Now, after three years and no resolution, it is infuriating and possibly making me insane.

On a dozen different occasions I have called Lifetime Fitness and asked to be removed from whatever call list they have put me on. Every time, I am told that my name will be removed. And yet every month, the phone calls and letters keep rolling in. I seriously do not understand why they will not REMOVE ME FROM THEIR CALL LIST.

I have never been a customer of this gym- I have never even set foot in their facility or even told anyone that I might be interested. AND THEY KEEP CALLING. IT IS MAKING ME FREAKING CRAZY.

Today I was finally fed up and when someone from Lifetime called, I answered the phone instead of letting it go to voice mail. A young, uncertain-sounding man answered the phone and didn't know what I was talking about or what to do. He said he was very new (and polite) and didn't know anything about the phone calls. I asked to speak to the manager. He put me on hold, and when he came back told me that the manager was in his office and he would transfer me to his phone line. I was then transferred immediately to a voicemail line that asked for a password in order to leave a message.

I called right back, and told the young man at the front desk that I was taken to a voicemail line, and asked if he could please give the phone directly to the manager because I refused to leave any more messages that would end up being ignored. The young man disappeared again, and when he came back said that the manager refused to talk on the phone. I told the young man my entire situation and how I had been hounded and harassed by these people for a long time, and that I have left many messages and been told many times that my name would be removed from the call list, but the calls continued, against the promises of the company, OVER AND OVER. The young man was very pleasant and seemed completely unaware of what was going on or what to do. I asked him to please tell his manager that I needed to speak with him on the phone and would not leave messages, because I have left many messages that are ignored.

The young man disappeared again, and this time I heard LOUD LAUGHING right next to the phone, from what I assume was the manager laughing about my request. I told the young man I was going to seek legal action against the company, and asked if I could please have the corporate office phone number. The young man said he didn't know the number. I told him the manager would have it. He disappeared for a moment, came back, and said the manager REFUSED to give me the corporate phone number. Apparently he is unaware of the existence of Google; so I will have to look up the number myself. But, if their corporate office is just as messed up as this location, then I'm guessing I won't get anywhere.

I really don't think I am asking for much. I JUST WANT THE PHONE CALLS TO STOP. And this company, for whatever reason, seems to think that hounding people with random spam phone calls and refusing to remove them from the call list will somehow make people want to join this gym! What kind of ### thinks this is a good business plan? SERIOUSLY?!

So, in the meantime, I am going to return their offers in kind. I am telling everyone I have ever met to stay the eff away from these people, because this is the worst possible business model of all time. NEVER go near a Lifetime Fitness if your life depends on it, or they will call and mail you for the rest of your adult life!

Also, I think I will have to start sending spam phone calls to this gym's office, because apparently that is the only way they know how to communicate with the public. I hope they enjoy it as much as I have. If you get bored, feel free to call them yourself, maybe ask if they want to buy something from you. The phone number is [protected].

Thanks for reading.

Cc
Sep 14, 2013

Comments

• Cc
      Sep 14, 2013

Also, I think I will have to start sending spam phone calls to this gym's office, because apparently that is the only way they know how to communicate with the public. I hope they enjoy it as much as I have. If you get bored, feel free to call them yourself, maybe ask if they want to buy something from you. The phone number is 317-846-9230.

Thanks for reading.