LifeTime Fitness / locker theft

Crosstown, Eden Prairie, MN, United States Review updated:

Members beware, I'm one of five reported victims of recent theft of money and valuables stolen from inside my locked locker at the crosstown lifetime location. It was the second time something like this happened so I decided in addition to filing a claim I filed a police report. I cancelled my membership of five years because the manager brushed me off and dismissed the issue. Lifetime told me they would notify me if my items or thief was located. I just received a letter from the county attorney that it was an inside job their ops manager, lifetime has yet to acknowledge it. The hearing against 'Lisa' is in March. It's unfortunate you can't leave anything in your car or locker and you would think paying almost $100 a month they would provide better security.
I'm curious if the other victims are filing small claims court claims or if lifetime treated them better acknowledging their employee ?

Comments

• Al
      Feb 17, 2013

This is an inherent problem for Lifetime Fitness and their "predecessor" clubs. I had my check book stolen almost 17 years ago at the Bally's in New Hope which is now part of Lifetime Fitness. The theif was a Russian woman who stole the checkbook out of my wife's locker and then proceeded to use the checks in it at multiple restaurants around the Northwest suburbs of Minneapolis. I had to file multiple affadavit's of forgery as a result. A few years later, her now ex-hushand reached out to me and told me that she was the theif and that he found my checkbook carbons at her house while babysitting his sons. He wanted me to write a letter about being a crime victim so he could get out of paying her more child support (you can't make this stuff up). I went to the New Hope police department to file a police report and spoke to an Office Attikinson who told me that it has been too long since the crime originally occurrred and that despite having multiple theft reports in the women's locker room at the New Hope club, he would not be able to do anything. This past fall, I was going thru my files and came across this informationa gain and on a larch - did a facebook search for the thief by her hane. Not only was I able to find her (she now has a new last name but has her maiden name on her URL)... I realized that I now see her working out every Saturday morning at the Maple Grove Lifetime Fitness! I feel robbed and violated everytime I see her at the club. She works out by herself and looks like she is in the process of trying to pick up a "young buck" for herself by the weight area. I'm not sure what to do. I told the management at Maple Grove about her past in the event that theyhave had things go "missing" at the Maple Grove women's locker room. I feel like given I have hard evidence in hand from her ex-husband about her crimes (all be it circa 1996), they should revoker her membership and give her the boot out of all of their clubs.