Lifestyle Lift / False representation and scarring

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

Had a lifestyle lift procedure that was highly misrepresented with lots of information left out about the procedure. Caused me pain beyond what I was told I would experience, severe scarring that has changed the way I can wear my hair and the results are negligible. This procedure was explained to me in a way that led me to believe it would leave me 10-20 years younger looking when in fact there is little or no difference in my appearance. I was awake and horrified to smell my flesh burning and feel the pain of maybe 30 or 40 injections into my face. I was home from work for 2 weeks and they said maybe 5 days off from work. I had this done on Dec 7, 2009 and I still have no feeling to my ear lobes or surrounding area. Of course I am probably one of the 1% of patients that have nerve damage that they so proudly say they have. I regret this decision to have this surgery and am currently looking for someone who may know where to start with a lawsuit.

Comments

7th of Mar, 2010

I have the same problem and my surgery was done in 2007. Would like to join a class action suit if someone knows of one.

• Ab
      1st of Apr, 2010

Sandy, I am so sorry for what has been done to you. Hopefully you will seek out a professional (or 2) and get it in writing that your facial nerve damage was due to the LSL. From there you might be able to find a Lawyer that can sue for malpractice. As of right now, I know of no CA suit. I wish you the best. Have you checked out realself.com??? Go there and check it out. Also, are you aware that two women have died from complications from this "new and innovative procedure"? People be careful. These guy are marketing gurus. They are targeting a specific age group and we are falling for it, hook, line and sinker, reel em in. The little lady in the white lab coat is not a medical professional. She has no obligation other than to sell you this LSL procedure so she can make her comission. If you insist on going for the "Free Consultation" please get a 2nd opinion from a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and many referrals. You only have one face and you don't want to look in the mirror and say: "hey, who the heck are you?"! Best, Chrystal

2nd of Apr, 2010

I went to get the after photos done and when I recieved them in the mail 2 weeks later from Corporate office they do look like a pretty big difference when I compare to the before pics that they took. Who knows the after pics could be airbrushed for all I know. I don't see much of a difference if any. 4 months post now and still have some numbness around ears and earlobes. Sorry I was so naive. I am a nurse and should have known better and went with my 1st instinct not to do it.
    Sandy

• Tb
      4th of Apr, 2010

Sandy I am a nurse also and fell for this. I am 7 days post-op & in great misery! My ears were literally cutoff My face is lumpy, I have developed cellulitis and Bells Palsy. I've received the worst aftercare for such an invasive procedure and probably will end up hospitalized due to cellulitis, uncontrollable temp and intense pain!
    I almost cancelled and should have!!!
    tbowen3

• Ab
      6th of Apr, 2010

I hate that this has happened to you -- LSL has a 64% disapproval rating and it has been much higher (realself.com). I would urge you to report LSL and the physician to your medical state board. I do hope that you find some solace in knowing that many women have fallen for the same marketing scam that you did. I also fell victim to the sleek advertising and lies that I was told. Best, to you.

• Ag
      6th of Apr, 2010

I am sorry for all who have fallen for this scam but I also know that we are probably lucky to have made it through it without more severe injuries. I think that sooner or later this company will get what is coming to them. we just have to be patient and wait for the huge lawsuit to begin. Where did you have your procedure.Mine was in Houston Tx

9th of Apr, 2010

I too fell for this. I paid for the chin/neck area and face lift. The shots were painful. I was supposed to recieve medication to take the edge off but the assistant forgot to give it to me, he administered it after receiving the shots. This was so painful that my whole body shook throughout the procedure. During the procedure a girl from the front desk opened the door to the surgery room 3 times and stepped in the third time, she was not wearing a mask, she watched for a few minutes and left. My first thought was this isn't good, he had already cut open both sides of my face. The surgery room should be sterile and allowing the door to be opened during the procedure and then the girl walked in and watched I was shocked. I didn't say anything at the time because I trusted the Doctor. About day two after the surgery the right side of my face near my ear was itchy and eventually the "very heavy string" started to protrude through the skin. I tried to tell the Dr that I thought it was infected because one of his receptionist walked in while he was working on the right side and he assured me that had nothing to do with it. He said my body was rejecting the thread. What I didn't understand was why was my body only rejecting the thread on the right side of my face and not the left side? I took a lot of PTO (paid time off) to see the doctor and he did nothing. I had a gapping hole (I have pictures) in the side of my face along with an off white substance draining from wound. I went to my medical doctor and she told me that it looked infected. I asked a girl that I worked with to swab a media plate to test the substance. What grew on the media was staff. I again talked to the doctor and he still insisted that it wasn't infected. I have a scar there now. I told him he needed to fix it. He numbed my face and again this was very painful. He removed some of the thread and scrapped the bone at the back of my ear, he said he was removing scar tissue. This took very long time to heal. He stictched in front and back of the right ear, the next day one of the stitches at the front tore. I didn't go back to him after that. I still have bumps at the back of my ear (threads) that he didn't remove. The right side under the chin sags lower than the left and even though I paid to have the chin muscle lifted and the face lift, he only lifted the chin. He did liposuction on my neck but only remove above the area of the adams apple. It now looks like I have a small goiter. If anyone sues, include me in the lawsuit. Had my surgery in Reston VA

• Kc
      18th of Apr, 2010

I DO NOT REcommend this procedure to anyone. I had it done approx 2 1/2 years ago and still have really bad scarring on the left side of my ear. I phoned about 2 months afterwards and told the company (Lifestyle Lifts) in Houston that I had some large raised areas on the left side of my ear. I was told they would probably go away.They never went away and I went in after about 4 months later and received numerous injections to try and get rid of the scarring. This week I am going to a dermatologist to see what he can do. I am very self-conscious about this area of my face and have to wear my hair and ear rings so that the scars don't show. Don't do it. Seek out other procedures where they lift the muscles and not just the skin on the fact that will fall again in a short time.

Thanks.

18th of Apr, 2010

I also have those scars. They are called keloids. Very ugly, I am a nurse and can no longer wear my hair up like I should at work. I am still numb around both ears. When did your numbness go away. I am most worried about that. Still numb almost 5 months post surgery. I am sick of the entire thing. My doc was Dr. Palmer and he had the bedside manner of a pit bull. Rude and very impersonal. Even the nurses did not like him. Her treated them like ###. Who was your doctor? I would be interested to know.
    Sandy

• Do
      5th of Apr, 2011

OMG!!! I wish I would have read all your complaints before I did the procedure. My mom & I did it at the same time and we both looked like we were in a car wreck or someone beat the Hell out of us. The procedure was January 21, 2011 & I agree with everything you all have said. The scars are horrible on back of my ears in fact one is hurting so bad that I think I might have an infection. The scar is very raised and red. Also very sensitive to the touch. Does anyone know what that could be? If so, please please let me know. The side of my head is still numb and around my ears and jaw. I told my mom that I hope they didn't damage nerves. We would like to be included in a lawsuit to get these false advertising crooks! Donna Stevens TX

7th of Apr, 2011

Donna,
    You may be rejecting the thread. That's what happened to me on the right side of my face. I wish some one would start a lawsuit against lifestyle lift. There is still thread behind my ear, he didn't get it all out and they swell periodically.

7th of Apr, 2011

Donna

I've contact a medical injury law firm today and hopefully something can be done about this company. I will post what I find out once the lawyer calls me.

My ear and neck were so inflamed that I made yet another appointment to see the doctor. My boyfriend went with me, he knows the problems I've had since the surgery and he ended up getting mad at the doctor, when the doctor didn't see anything wrong. The doctor was willing to cut me open but he didn't think it was necessary. The doctor wouldn't allow my boyfriend to stay with me during this procedure and he said no. But when I had the initial surgery done, he allowed the girl from the front desk to open the door 4 times and she walked and peered over me to see what he was doing? We left because we didn't trust them and my boyfriend threatened them with a lawsuit and they did look worried. They know what they are doing, they know their patients are having problems and they don't care. My doctor has an office in Maryland, he is a plastic surgeon, yet it doesn't bother him that I have a large visible scar in front of my face in front of my ear. This is sickening. I paid 5300.00, cheaper than having the "traditional plastic surgery" which would include being anesthetized, hospital stay etc.. It's cheaper because it's an out patient procedure which saves in medical costs but please.

• Ra
      13th of Jan, 2012

I heard there is a class action lawsuit against LSL and I would like to get in on it. Does anybody know how I can do this? I had the procedure 2 years ago and still have a horrible scar behind one ear.

22nd of Oct, 2012

I have the same problems, numbness, scaring, ringing in my ears. I had the "first" surgery on my neck and lower facial region done in June of 2011. I was told in the initial consultation that there would be 2 small incisions near each ear.I didn't know that my ear would be nearly cut off ( Or maybe it was for all I know) I was sick as a dog within a few hours. Plus the pain was so intense. I also had the lipo in my neck and laser around my mouth because I was told those lines would disappear. The bruising didn't disappear for over 6 weeks! i had this done for my 45th class reunion 7 weeks later. Glad I used a lot of concealer. I looked good for about 2 months then the turkey neck and marionette mouth came back. I got up the courage to call Lifestyle lift of Houston to tell them. I got an appointment with my surgeon, Dr. Troy Cremean. He never consulted with me BEFORE the first surgery. However, he said sometimes that happens and he would fix it at no cost to me with a second surgery. I was still hurting from the first surgery. I finally got the nerve to have the 2nd surgery in January 2012. I didn't get any better results although the Dr. and his assitant said it looked great. I still have that turkey waddle, etc Plus no feeling in the lower lobs of my ears, plus ringing in my ears, not to mention the pain and stiff neck, etc Then the other week I saw 2 distinct scars by my right ear!! I was so embarrassed because I was wearing my hair up! Oh FYI Dr Cremean is no longer there So if anyone know an attorney who deals with this stuff let m