Life Insurance / Business Practice

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I opted for a Term Life Insurance Policy from AIG through SelectQuote. One the appointment was made for a exam, I never heard from the SelectQuote Agent-Shaun Croper- again.

After a month and a half I filed a complaint with SelectQuote customer service and found out that the exam subcontracted company lost part of my medical and personal information in an automobile accident. Neither company has offered credit score monitoring for fraud or ID Theft. The exam customer has never contacted me to report the loss.

Furthermore, SelectQuote sent me another contract. This contract had a stipulation that the policy was "replacement coverage" and asks for me to assigned my current policy with another company to them. I refused!

I do not want AIG billing my estate for a life insurance payout of one policy to cover their obligation for a payout of their policy.

Dd

Comments

• Sh
      30th of Oct, 2008
    Life Insurance - non-existent customer service
    General America/Met Life
    Lubbock
    Texas
    Phone: 000-000-0000

I have had a small universal life insurance policy with what was General American and is now Met Life for over 20 years. Now that I have questions about it, they answer in vague terms and when I have further questions, it takes six weeks to get a response. For over four months, I've been trying to get timely answers. The Texas Dept of Insurance was initially helpful, but they don't follow up when promised delivery dates come and go. I recommend never using this company when considering an insurance purchase. Their customer service is non-existent.

• Fa
      20th of Jun, 2009
    Life Insurance - Delay in Documentation
    United Arab Emirates

In May2009 i've recieved a call from RBS bank employee regarding LIFE INSURANCE POLICY on behalf my credit card.He has advised me to take this facilities .Now Bank is saying that i have to pay my premium for my life policy but they didnt send me any documents regarding this Life policy.
    Why they are doing un necessary delay to provide me documentation/agreement for this life policy ?????
    Fahim Ahmed
    00971-50-8890517
    DUBAI-UAE

• Di
      9th of Oct, 2010
    Life Insurance - cancellation of policy
    reliastar life insurance company (ING)
    1707 NORTH RANDALL ROAD
    Elgin
    Illinois

I PURCHASED LIFE INSURANCE WITH THIS COMPANY NOW AFTER 1 1/2 YEARS OF HAVING THIS POLICY THEY CANCELLED THE POLICY.
    THEY SAID I LIED ON THE APPLICATION. TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE I DID NOT LIE. I WANT MY POLICY REINSTATED. THEY DID A MEDICAL EXAM AND HAD ALL THE DR.RECORDS IN THE BEGINNING. I FEEL THIS SHOULD BE REINSTATED ASAP. I DID NOT BUY A POLICY AND ALWAYS PAY ON TIME FOR IT TO BE CANCELLED THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE ACCEPTED ME IN THE BEGINNING IF THATS THE CASE. THANK YOU FOR LOOKING INTO THIS. DIANA SCHAKEL 303 252 4469. THE POLICY NUMBER IS AD20171739

• Wp
      30th of Mar, 2011

This is post-underwriting and it is illegal. They have done the same thing to others. File complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Insurance Commissioner in your state.