Life-extension-drugs.com / Bad service

A molecular "on-off" switch that controls immune system response to viruses has been identified by researchers at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.

They found that when the hepatitis C virus enters the human body, the virus switches on immune system defenses. But the virus can turn off those defenses by manipulating the interactions of certain cellular proteins called RIG-1 and LGP2.

This same "on-off" switch controls immune system response against many kinds of viruses, and the switch may offer a new target for new drugs to fight viruses, the researchers said.

"This knowledge will help us design drugs that mimic the viral effects on these proteins to either activate a host's immune response or shut it down, " study senior author Dr. Michael Gale, an associate professor of microbiology, said in a prepared statement.

"This holds great potential in developing new disease therapies, because the tactics employed by hepatitis C to trigger immune response are similar to those employed by other viruses such as West Nile, influenza and the common cold, " Gale said.

Ge

Comments

• Jj
      22nd of Sep, 2009

This place has double charged my credit card for $300.00 & $10.00 exchange. I still haven't received the meds I ordered. The phone now says invalid. I am going to contact every authority every credit card company, [redacted]. com Lifeextansion Vitamins &every place I can find to stop this place. They were emailing me right back until I checked my credit card info online & asked them about it. Has anybody ever bought from this place?

• Jj
      22nd of Sep, 2009

Life extension drugs is the place I am talking about. I spend a fortune on buying vitamins from the vitamin company. Has anyone ever bought from Life extesnion Drugs?

• Br
      19th of Oct, 2009

I placed an order with them over a month ago, and still have not received it. They claim it was sent and I followed up and my credit car was charged also but only once for the 100.00. They indicated they would send it again but by a faster method that one to has never arrived. I intend to STOP my credit card charge and advise them I have done so. Funny how anyone thinks they can run a businss offering up services and NEVER sending them, , especially if you pay by a credit card you can simply STOP the charge and the credit card company has to go back to them.

21st of Nov, 2009

I am buying from www.life-extension-drugs.com for many years and all
    my orders were delivered without any problems, although not so fast. As I know they have stock and office in Europe. it is highly reputable anti-aging pharmacy. Usually they reply on my e-mails in 4-6 hours. My friends also use this online pharmacy as they have a lot of helpful information and have fresh scientific update about each drug they sell. Prices are very competitive comparing to US pharmacies. They have many new anti-aging drugs, which are marketed in Europe, but not yet in USA.

5th of Nov, 2010

The last comment was clearly posted by the company. Since I placed my order, the phone number has changed form Britain to Cyprus. I placed an order a month ago and have not received it, and have had several very unsatisfying conversations in which I have been told repeatedly, "just wait a few more days, it will come this week..." Interestingly, the people with whom I've spoken have all sounded Slavic--Russian or Polish or Ukrainian, etc., exactly the way the comment above reads. It was clearly written by someone whose first language is Slavic; just say the first line out loud with a generic Russian accent and you'll see what I mean. Nobody named "Mark Rudd" would ever make so many grammatical errors typical of a Russian--but it does read exactly like the people I've spoken to. DODGY BUSINESS INDEED!!! I will re-post one way or another to inform you of the outcome.

• Co
      1st of Apr, 2011

This company is obviously a rip off and a scammer company. They have changed their name to lifespanmeds.com, BEWARE, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. They steal their money and no one can do anything about it.

• Da
      17th of Dec, 2011

Company changed URL name from life-extension-drugs.com to www.LifeSpanMeds.com to avoid any misleading connections with brand name “life extension foundation”.

• Me
      16th of Apr, 2012

i have placed an order over a month ago.It never arrived.I contacted Australian Post.It didn't arrive to Australia.I am confused.I will ask my bank to get the money back.I am not able to send an email to them.It is coming back.I have tried to contact them by the phone, but the number has been disconnected..Beware of this company.I will never order from them again.MM

• Me
      16th of Apr, 2012

I have placed an order over a month and never got it.Contacted Australian post and they said it did not arrived to Australia.I will contact my bank to get my money back., and never again will order form LIFE EXTENSION. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.MM

1st of Mar, 2013

I was successful with my order. I was worried since I found this site after placing it. But my order arrived to the US 9 days after placing it with everything I ordered (tianeptine). It looks to be sent from Slovenia.

• Su
      8th of Mar, 2016

most of the problems seem to be with ordering~receiving~$$ difficulties...I and my physician have been receiving their magazine and supplements for 18 years...long before Suzanne Sommers and OZ mentioned them...Now, i suddenly see ads for them in my magazines, which im not sure i like.BUT, as far as innovative research and QUALITY of vitamins...I have total faith in the main stream/alternative physicians involved with Life Extension...I have referred them to all relatives, friends, AND eye doctor...because she was educating herself on the connection between DRY eye and Glaucoma! She was very pleased.
    I am very disappointed that the above critics (genuine complaints) experienced a less than perfect connection...Slavic? As far as i know, their main base is in southern Florida...Always be aware that i feel (opinion) that mainstream health care, pharms, research facilities, government individuals would like to NEUTRALIZE expert supplements and their advisors...because if one gets healthy by proper nutrition, who will buy drugs and have surgeries? Who?Where will billions go?
    Our soil is depleted, foods sprayed, radiated and God knows what else they fool with...Cows shot up with crap that we drank for years.etc etc
    EDUCATE YOURSELF...READ>>EXPLORE>>>KEEP AN OPEN MIND!...sad about your bad experience.
    M.P.