Life Alert / TV comercial

United States Review updated:

I find the TV commercial EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE. It begins with a pitiful wailing, pleading for help. A camera pans through a house while the call goes on. Then at the bottom of the basement stairs we see an elderly woman lying on the floor.
This commercial is a SCARE TACTIC and in very poor taste. I think it equal to showing a dead baby commercial to pregnant women.
I WILL NEVER BUY THIS PRODUCT. GETTING OLD IS BAD ENOUGH WITHOUT ALL OF THE DISASTERS PREDICTED BY TV COMMERCIALS.

El
Aug 22, 2014

Comments

•   Aug 23, 2014

Hon, I was putting in Pergo on Thursday, plumbing my kitchen sink on Friday, and up on the roof repairing a leak on Saturday. Sunday afternoon I got up from my chair to get a pencil sharpener, my leg felt awkward (weak) and I fell to the floor and worse, couldn't get up no matter what I did. Hearty, healthy, HWP, and hale for 60 yrs, and then that (stroke) happened - just like that. I think that's what the ad addresses. Yes, it does happen. When you least expect it. Chill out.

• Jf
      Sep 09, 2014

I don't find it offensive, but I don't think they needed to take it to this level either. The company may have felt that people were not taking their old commercial seriously, but this is a bit much. I do understand that the exact scenario can happen and that falls are serious. They are depending on this getting a reaction out of people and it does. My reaction will be to change the channel when I see this commercial coming on because I don't want to be bawling my eyes out each time, just because they think it will sell their product. You can still get your point across without making people feel totally horrible. Take it down a notch, Life Alert.

• Ir
      Oct 06, 2015

I totally agree. I'm an ex of Life Alert and have been with them for about 8 years. Would like to be in touch with you.

Email: [protected]@aol.com

Phone:212-760-4747

Irene

• Sh
      Apr 10, 2016

I am disturbed by their ads because I already have anxiety issues anyway and the beginning of the latest one looks like a friggin horror movie. I don't like it. And most of us wish we could afford this for out loved ones.

Bad taste

• La
      Nov 06, 2018

Hate this commercial. My 9 year old grandson had nightmares from seeing/watching this commercial.
    Yes, I mute this commercial or turn the channel. I think this is a scare tactic for elderly people.
    Someone should start a lawsuit to have this commercial taken off the air and for mental distress. I’m sure this commercial does affect elderly people mentally and they are stressed by this commercial. So wrong! There are different ways to promote a good product!!