Liberty University / Wrongfully charged for two online classes that were never taken!

1 1971 University Drive, Lynchburg, VA, United States Review updated:

My son was charged for two online classes that he never took. I have sent many letters, emails and made numerous calls to the university to have this situation corrected but they won't correct this and are charging us for over $2, 100.

Comments

• Lu
      Apr 18, 2011

Hi Sharon,
    I work for the university and would like to see if I can assist. Feel free to call our academic advising office and ask for a student advocate.

•   Aug 17, 2011

I have had a very positive experience with Liberty University until now. I am in their graduate program for special education. They require three on campus classes called intensives. You cannot miss one intensive session or you fail the class. However, this fall (2011) Liberty messed up big time. The second intensive weekend was scheduled at the same time as a big religious conference in Lynchburg. I actually think LU is sponsoring. This means there is no housing for students attending intensives that weekend. Last week, many students have been registered for fall intensives since early spring, LU sent a letter saying that they were moving the second weekend to another weekend. Now students come from all over the NATION for these intensives, the first class is on Friday evening. I have made plans for since June for this intensive and they change the weekend. THEIR FAULT. However, the only solution they offer students is to drop the class if they cannot MAKE THE NEW weekend that they chose after people registered with dates already given for another weekend. IF I DROP THIS CLASS I WILL NOT GRADUATE IN SPRING 2012. I will not be able to take classes this fall because I will not have the number of credits required for FINANCIAL AID. I am so mad that I am seriously thinking of transferring to Regent University. I have never heard of such nonsense in my life and they are totally dismissive to the burden this is placing on their students. HOW can they teach critical thinking and effective decision making skills when this is the TYPE of ill-thought out decisions they are making. THE WORD DISGUST does not cover how I feel about this.

•   Aug 17, 2011

Also, if he logged into Blackboard to view the courses he may have been held responsible. It clearly states when financial obligations is incurred after you register for an online class in LU's policies. But good luck.