Liberty Settlements / Rip Off Fruad

1 10333 Harwin DriveHouston, United States Review updated:
Phone: (877) 2689288

This Company debited my checking account a total of $568.00 and never contacted or paid the Credit Company any money like they said they would. As a result my Credit Rating would have been ruined had I not cancelled with them. I called them to refund my money because they did not do what they said they'd do. They flatly declined to send me back my money and didn'td seem to care when I threatened to contact seveal agencies and complain. They are holding my money and have done nothing for me. I want my money back!

More Liberty Settlements Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Cu
      27th of Nov, 2008

Beware of this company. They tried to get me to open a bank account that they would have access to and charge me 15 % of my credit card balance.
    Told me not to pay my bills. Didn't guarantee anything. From looking into this, looks like a lot of people have suffered from dealing with Liberty Settlements. Don't let them and they're fast talking sales managers do something you'll regret.

2nd of Dec, 2008

Thank God I took the time to read all the negative feedback about Liberty Settlements. They contacted me. I really did not understand why because I never contacted them.
    ...Yes, i am in alot of debt, but, i pay my bills in a timely manner.

After reading all the complaints, I will NOT use them..

Thank you for helping me to understand the danger of using this company.

Cheryl from Indiana

• Pr
      28th of Aug, 2009

I agree, Liberty Settlements is a total rip off. They tell you that they can help you. They help allright. They help themselves to your money and do nothing to lower your debt. They have duped me out of 1500 in Fees because they are not refundable if you withdraw before the 36th month. Well, in that time, there is no way of working with any creditor. And the interest is over $100 per month with them. They start out so nice, but they are the worst about getting back to you and responding to inquiries. They give you pat little form e-mails that don't tell you anything other than what you have received is a standard collection letter. I had faxed them a summons. They didn't notify the bank that I had withdrawn and they charged me another monthly fee five days after I had withdrawn and they took their fees out of that. Tell me how legal that is. And when I called them from work and asked for the Customer Service Manager I was tol that he no longer worked for the company and I was asked if he could help me and I told him no that they were just a bunch of theiving ###. He hit *69 and called me back and threatend to call my employer because I used their phone and I cursed. If he had been that responsive to me when I was with them, maybe we would not be in this sitation.

11th of Nov, 2009

Liberty Settlements, Inc. scammed me also. I paid them $3600 in fees and they were not able to settle my credit accounts. After MONTHS of trying to get ahold of them, they promised to refund my money. Except the next day, they denied that promise. I filed with the BBB but was unable to reach a resolution. I am filing with the Attorney General of Texas. If enough people complain to the Attorney General, they will take action against Liberty Settlements, since we as consumers can't do anything. PLEASE! If you have a complaint about this company, go to the Attorney General of Texas website and submit a claim. This company needs to be held accountable for their theft and dishonesty!

• Kd
      17th of Dec, 2009

I am an employee of the company and these few complaints that are listed against the company are in a misunderstanding on your part. We settle debt for thousands of customers on a daily basis and the lady cmplaining about the company having taken $568 and done nothing, that is because we do not pay your creditors initially. WHY WOULD WE TAKE YOUR MONEY AND PAY YOUR CREDITORS EVERY MONTH!!! Wr tell you from the beginning that in oprder to settle debt we have to let them wait! If you had the 10, 000 to settle your debt immediatley, you wouldn't need us now would you? Come on now, dont be simple! That is how we save you 60% on your debt is speaking with the creditor 3 months into the program, then we contact them and let them know you're in our program and once the mopney is built up, we settle then!!! Ya get it now! Doesn't make sense to get into a program that manages your money and pays the creditors every month, they would never settle with us! Get smart and read your enrollment package that we clearly go over with you every month. For every 1 complaint from someone who doesn't fully understand the program, we have 1, 000 customers who are getting out of debt in 36 months.

• Da
      29th of Mar, 2011

They ripped me off too. $3k in fees collected. $0 in debts paid. They're a bunch of scam artists.

29th of Nov, 2011

To DaveJ599 --
    This is the first and only positive report I have read on this company, and it strikes me as funny that the only person who will support the company is counting on them for a paycheck.
    I DID read the enrollment packet and I did listen when you all "clearly" went over everything. I faithfully paid into your program for over 2 yrs and I patiently endured the "big, bad creditors" that you all assured me were only out to rob me although in the end, it was those same creditors who worked with me and negotiated settlements THRU ME without charging a fee for the negotiation.
    I paid very close attention to your money-back guarantee which stated that I didn't owe you a fee on any debts that you didn't settle, yet when we had to go to court TWICE because of accounts that you all didn't manage, the company refused to refund fees on those accounts.
    There is a suit filed by the Vermont Attorney General indicating fraudulent business practices on the part of this company and they hold an "F" rating with the BBB of Texas. The website has been taken down and the phone numbers/email accounts are all inactive. With all this in mind, you'll pardon me (and the many other consumers who read this) if our "simple" minds don't trust a word you say!

• Th
      1st of Dec, 2011

Also to DaveJ599
    If I read your post right, you work for the company so yes you would stand up for them. However, my mom, who is in her 70's and living on SS, paid all her payments and now can't get ahold of your company, phone numbers she has are no longer in service and before that when she tried to call or fax to find out how things are going no one bothered to return her calls or mail her a response, but since she signed an agreement she continued to pay her payments. She met her end of the contract, but Liberty Settlements hasn't paid off any of her creditors. They defaulted on their part and should pay her back the fees they charged her with interest. So if you think you work for a respectful company, give us names, address's and phone numbers (that work) so we can get these matters cleared up. Also if anyone out there could lead me to the correct websites or people to turn Liberty Settlements in for fraud, PLEASE email me at TracysSweetCreations@yahoo.com.

I completely agree with anjelia!!!

• Ro
      2nd of Dec, 2011

We have been unable to contact them as well AND they collected fees twice from us in November of 2010 and would never refund the extra fee, regardless of who we talked to! They did help us with paying off some of our creditors but to our embarrassment and shame, we now realize we could have done that ourselves, without paying them the thousands of dollars we paid them-they defaulted on their end and we want my money back but don't know who to contact! We're thinking they have been shut down so very unlikely that we will be able to collect...we've been robbed!!

• Sh
      15th of Dec, 2014

My Husband and I paid Liberty over 5000.00 $ over a 2 year period. We were contacted by a representative and was told that the company president was ill and could no longer continue with our contract. We were sent back half of our money. I don't know what they did with the other half but we have the sherrifs office coming to our door trying to serve us papers to go to court over these debts that liberty was suppose to settle. Please let me know (anyone) if we have a recourse to get our 2500.00 $ back.