Liberty Fun Pass / Unauthorized charges!

This is another company that was sold to me over the phone. I don't know for sure if it was a sales rep from the company or a contracted telemarketing firm. They had enough information that it was a warm call. I never gave them my card number, but somehow, my "risk-free trial" became a paid charge on my bank card. I am in the process of demanding my money back from Liberty Fun Pass.

This is twice for me. I am finding that these sales companies are getting card numbers from some source. I strongly suggest contacting your state Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division and have them investigate how card numbers are being compromised.

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2008

Promised a gift card, never received.

• Me
      26th of Feb, 2008

Regarding Liberty Fun Pass. They somehow got my credit card number from a card that has not been touched in over 3 months. They will not give me a refund for somthing that I did not order.

• Me
      26th of Feb, 2008

I just found another one. US Patriot Card is doing the same thing as Liberty Fun Pass. Even charging the same amounts from my credit card. Like I said before this card has not been used in almost 2 or 3 months.

• Ni
      29th of Feb, 2008

I too have seen charges from this Liberty Fun Pass and the Patriot Card. The only things that I use my card for online are utility payments. I did purchase a business program from Google months ago and have receive numerous calls from telemarketers stemming from the Google purchase. The Liberty website has no phone number posted. Does anyone know how to get in contact with these companies?

29th of Feb, 2008

After I called to cancel this free membership, they charged another 19.95 to my Card! I did not authorize this and I was told over the phone that it was cancelled!

5th of Mar, 2008

Does anyone Know how to contact either patriot or Liberty. I keep seeing charges on my account even though i cancelled like 3 months ago.

• Su
      19th of Mar, 2008

I too received unauthorized debits from my bank account from Liberty Fun Pass and also US Patriot Card. I never heard of either of them! My bank is investigating the charges for me and in the meantime I plan on going to the Attorney General to file a complaint against both of them.

• La
      24th of Mar, 2008

I have the same problem, I signed up for Google and now have all these charges on my account, from US Patriot card, Liberty Fun Trial, Leisure Choice, Savers Choice, Sure Services. I think it all started with WI Passive Profits.

• Te
      30th of Mar, 2008

My credit card has been debited by Liberty Fun Pass and US Patriot(whoever the hell they are). I never authorized this. Ted Murray.

• Li
      31st of Mar, 2008

Here's how you can contact Liberty Fun Pass directly for resolution. Typically customers get a toll-free number to call to reach us with questions, but you can also get your questions answered online here.

• Je
      9th of Apr, 2008

I want to warn everyone here that I too got called last week sometime, was told about the $1.95 and then I would have a 10 day trial period.I just got my card(s) in the mail a day or two ago, didnt even have a chance to take a look yet and was charged $49.99. The number that showed up on my statement I am unable to reach any one, it gives me a message saying touch any key and a text message will come to my cell phone. Watch our for this, for I have been in Telecommunications for about 5 years now - it is a text that will charge your phone bill not just a regular charge but one for $9.99 you must reply "STOP" immediately (if it will go through), it will tell you to send "Y" in the response however it wont go any where. Here is what showed up in my account PRM*Health Options and here is the number 800-645-2523. I have emailed both Liberty Fun Pass and the US Patriot Card to cancel my services IMMEDIATELY and I expect a full refund. Anyone else have this experience?

• Je
      9th of Apr, 2008

Sorry everyone I left a comment above and would like to add to it, here is the contact information I have - not sure if it is even valid at this point but I figure its worth a shot.

www.LibertyFunPass.com/contact
    www.USPatriotCard.com/contact

Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (EST)
    877-822-6682

• Sh
      16th of Apr, 2008

The same thing happened to me. This is like several other programs trying to hide behind righteous causes like "support our troops" but are fraudulantly charging your credit card account. I am so frustrated at this point that I am interested in doing some form of class action against this company and US Patriot card. This should not be allowed to happen. I am going to try to get this company's information on the web as well for fraud. Everyone should try to use available resources to bring all parties involved. Its dispicable and I want justice. This suit should compensate me for pain and sufferring because now I don;t trust anyone with my information, including honest organizations whom have a history of being sincere. The only way to stop this is by penalizing all individuals involved. Lets catch these guys.

Shay Dennis
    804-714-4997

18th of Apr, 2008

I called their number 877-822-6682 and they were very friendly. They agreed to reverse the charges. It should be on my account within 2-3 business days. That's the first time any of these companies were that compliant. Now I don't feel so bad.

23rd of Apr, 2008

Here is the number that showed up with their "processing fee" on my checking account 1-877-537-3867.
    Hope that helps some of us.

• Su
      24th of Apr, 2008

I too am a victim of Liberty Fun Pass and US Patriotic Card. I emailed them and requested a refund. They have sent one refund form to me so far and it says it will take at least 3 weeks to get the refund. I had to close my business checking account because of them.
    If I do not receive the refund in the time frame they have set, I will contact the authorities. I did mention this to my bank, but they weren't too concerned.
    This is fraud and they need to be dealt with!

• Us
      30th of Apr, 2008

Susan,

Please see John's comments above. As he also says, we really do try to go the extra mile to address our customer needs. Explain your situation and you should get much quicker resolution like John received.

To anyone else with conerns.
    - Web addresses were listed above in this thread for e-mail response withing one business day.
    - The toll-free numbers are answered immediately during business hours, eastern time.

We make all efforts--online and offline--to resolve any outstanding matters promptly, including publishing a toll-free customer service phone number in product materials we mail via First Class mail as well. At the very least, the phone number is supplied to customers during the initial phone call.

Finally, customers who registered with a valid e-mail address receive all of this information by e-mail as well.

We are disappointed that you were unhappy with your matter, but our assurance to customers is the extra care we take to address matters by phone and the Internet, and hope in the end your questions are ultimately resolved to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,
    U.S. Patriot Card

• Ca
      5th of May, 2008

I am fuming mad and ready to start a suit against this company. I found a 19.95 charge on my pay-pal account that I never authorized a few days ago and now today another 19.97 charge from liberty fun pass. I have not spoken to anyone about fun pass and certainly have not given my authorization for this charge. I would like to know how this company is getting my supposedly private pay-pal debit card number without my giving it to them and how can they charge me without my ok? I am ready to put a class action suit against them and will if these charges are not removed and my money is not refunded by them. I was told to contact Omaha customer support for my complaint. I am going to speak to my state attorney general consumer protection division to get to the bottom of this matter and to find out why this company is illegally charging my pay-pal account for something I have not authorized. This is out and out fraud in the first degree. Shame, shame, shame on U.S.PATRIOT CARD and LIBERTY FUN PASS for this kind of horrible treatment. Cathy

• Br
      7th of May, 2008

I also had two charges show up from these people. I called and asked for a refund and got told I had to wait for the form in the mail. They are scams, no doubt about it. When I asked for clairfication as to when I supposedly authorized these charges, I was told that they don't have access to that information. When I asked which "maufacturing partner" they got my debit account information from, I was told that they have "hundreds of partners and cannot verify which provided the information". This is fraud. I want to know what companies are giving out our information and what makes them think they can get away with this. If anyone finds out what company passed out the credit info, please post it. I would like to know what companies to avoid purchasing anyting from.

• Li
      7th of May, 2008

Cathy, Brenda,

As a couple of postings say above, we indeed address questions and concerns you are listing, and have staff who personally handle this matter in a timely and careful fashion. If there is more urgency for you to get a refund, explain your situation and our response here and you should get much quicker resolution like John received (see higher up in this thread).

To anyone else with conerns. Please observe this process so you can get DIRECT resolution of your personal matter in a timely fashion, rather than posting here:

- We have a Web address (http://www.LibertyFunPass.com/contact) for e-mail response within one business day.
    - Toll-free: Reach us at 1-877-537-3867 immediately during business hours, eastern time.

We make all efforts--online and offline--to resolve any outstanding matters promptly, including publishing this contact information in product materials we mail via First Class mail as well. And the toll-free phone number for reaching us directly is supplied to customers during your initial phone call.

Again, we are posting this response to let you know there is a way to handle questions DIRECTLY and in a timely manner. We hope you notice that we have already responded several times on this thread, continue to repeat a variety of ways we can be reached, and ultimately hope all will understand the extra care we are trying to offer compared to what is being alleged here.

Sincerely,