Liberty Fun Pass and U S Patriot Card / Fraudulent charges

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

I first got a small charge of $1.97 on my debit card from Liberty Fun Pass, a product that I did not purchase. Then a second charge of $1.95 from the US Patriot Card showed up on my account. A couple of weeks later, a third charge of $19.95, again from US Patriot Card showed on my account. I called [protected] and got a rep to complain about the charges. I was told they couldn't refund my account, but they could send me a gift card. I asked to speak to a manager. There are two, Robert and Johnna. I learned that both of these companies have the same parent company located in Washington D.C. The only way to get the products canceled and money returned to my account is to wait for a cancellation letter that I will have to return back to them. Then they will refund my account... a process that may take a month. I will let you know if it happens or not.

Ch

Comments

• Li
      6th of Jun, 2008

This customer's issues were immediately resolved to her satisfaction. We take all customer concerns seriously, and for anyone else who reads this post, please read the following directions to get your issues DIRECTLY and PROMPTLY resolved, instead of posting here, as the administrators of this site seem to throw users personal information on google.

1. If there is more urgency for you to get a refund, explain your situation and our response here and you should get prompt resolution. Tell our customer service agents that you read these instructions here.

2. Contact information:
    - We have a Web address (http://www.LibertyFunPass.com/contact) for e-mail response within one business day.
    - Toll-free: Reach us at 1-877-537-3867 immediately during business hours, eastern time. Agents are trained to answer the phones promptly. You can speak to a live person!

3. Check your mail for materials we send to all customers. We make all efforts--online and offline--to resolve any outstanding matters promptly, including publishing this contact information in product materials we mail via First Class mail as well. And the toll-free phone number for reaching us directly is supplied to customers during your initial phone call.

4. Finally, customers who registered with a valid e-mail address receive all of this information by e-mail as well.

Our assurance to customers is the extra care we take to address matters by phone and the Internet, and hope in the end your questions are ultimately resolved to your satisfaction.

Again, we are posting this response to let you know there is a way to handle questions DIRECTLY and in a timely manner. For fastest resolution, please tell our customer service people that you read the instructions here.

We hope all our customers ultimately understand the extra care we are trying to offer to all.

Sincerely,
    Liberty Fun Pass

• Vi
      12th of Jun, 2008

I have had the same situation with both the Liberty Fun Pass and US Patriot Cards. These items have been addressed numerous times (four) for each card. I keep being told thesame thing. They will cancel my account but if I would stay just until the period I paid for is up, they will send me a $25.00 gift card of choice for each of these accounts. I recieved a lett numerous weeks ago with a chice of cards to be chosen from and just to sign, and date, and the matter would be resolved. There would be no further charges, yadaa, yadaa, yadaa. This is crap I was Just charged again and again made the call to find out what happened. I got the same crap again. I want these cards cancelled NOW and I want a FULL refund for ALL of the monies I have been charged to date for BOTH of these cards.

• Ni
      16th of Jun, 2008

I received the same two companies(liberty pass and us patriot card) on my credit card bill. i have been told i will recieve a credit back after i receive a letter in the mail. if i dont receive this letter within one week . i reprt this company to the national better business bureau. please take care of my issue both cards

• Li
      16th of Jun, 2008

Both customers have already received full approval for refunds.

Although we monitor these boards to ensure accuracy, we want to encourage customers to use the contact information we already listed above for DIRECT and prompt resolution. Please also say you read the directions here so you can also receive a priority refund expedited:

Again, we are posting this response to let you know there is a way to handle questions DIRECTLY, in a timely manner, and one that meets your satisfaction. We take all consumer questions and concerns seriously and with great care.

Sincerely,
    Liberty Fun Pass
    U.S. Patriot Card

9th of Jul, 2008

I HAVE READ ALL THE DIRECTIONS AND COMPLAINTS...
    I received a cancellation letter after speaking with both Jana (sp?) and Nick at different times. I mailed back the completed letter on May 06, 2008, but I have not received a check for the refund promised of
    $19.95. WHERE IS MY REFUND CHECK?

• Ro
      3rd of Aug, 2008

I too have been charged for two months even though my credit card has been frozen for over one month. I can only imagine how they obtained my card #. I did not sign up for these two cards: US patriot or veteran's advantage.