Liberty Freight LLC / I would not recommend anyone to do business here!

Me and my husband spent $1054.69 in this store and the owner did not have the item I put in layaway so he sent me a "Piece of Junk" without me know what the product look like. He was very cunning in talking with my husband and leading to believe we were paying the the item we originally put in the layaway.

I would not recommend anyone to do business here.

Va

Comments

20th of Jan, 2007

Well let me say what my dad said to me ! telling half the truth is like telling a lie! you where given every conceivable chance of doing the right thing. yet you failed. so let me try to set it straight you never maid a payment on time you fail to answer your response in the mail that we sent we never did we give you anything but a great product for your money. your husband use my personal pick up truck to bring your bed to your house do you thing people just loan out trucks to stranger we don`t need your money that bad that this family will never cheat any one ! you never say that 5 days later you where given a full refund for your bunk bed that cost $288 that you had already week`s before pull your capatins bed out of your layaway . that your husband took home and call you telling you about it you never where misinformed about your layaway oh! did i mention he use my truck then. nice guy that Chris .but you lady, i have herd that you where crazy now i know. Chris run even your friends tell me and your co-workers that she is. any person who would listen to you i do not need in are family own and run, member of the b.b.b. in Columbus location please go some where else and get what you got for value that you got it for hey and your husband ask if he could come back and i said yes of course.

• St
      21st of Jan, 2007

I also have had a terrible experience. They have no integrity when doing business. I would suggest contacting the attorney generals office of Ohio. They will get you results and get your money refunded to you fast!

I will never buy anything from this store.

• As
      28th of Nov, 2007

Company sucks. we purchased a couch from them 3 years ago. wanted a brown looking couch, which is exactly what we saw in the store. purchased a couch, and matching loveseat, didn't buy the recliner as we didn't have room in our truck. Got everything home and unwrapped, and the damn couch is green. (different lighting). Company NEVER once said the couch was green in "regular lighting", and the tags even called it a brown shade... wouldnt take the couch back because we unwrapped it. At the same time we purchased a small dresser for our bedroom, just to store clothes in during "off seasons" and none of the drawer bottoms will stay attached to the drawer sides!

I don't recommend this place either. Save some more money and go to Value City!

28th of Nov, 2007

how could post something so silly you purchase a sofa three years ago now you complain eveidently it held up well you never contact us or the b.b.b. in columbus so you must be a competitor try to full the public they now not to belive in what they read on the internet. you fail to full me or anyone else with this story you post three years later c'mon ms. ashley or mr steve. folks just call your local b.b.b. and ask before you walk into so call warehouse's that are open to the public. you will be very surprise what they will offer is inferior to this family own and operated busines

• Do
      28th of Mar, 2008

There is nothing I hate worse than poor customer service, especially after a less than satisfying experience.

John, your poor grammar and spelling pretty much work against your credibility. Not to mention your responses are extremely defensive and in the case of Ms Poole just plain unnecessarily rude. And trying to blame the competition for remarks here??? Ridiculous.

Time for a reality check Mr. Corriveau.

Obviously, you're not a quality person yourself. A quality person would never treat another individual the way you have here. Personal attacks and blame shifting are not respectable business practices. You obviously do not run a respectable business. I've been to your store, and you do not offer quality furniture. Do you understand that you've become your own worst enemy John?

I'm not in the furniture business, but I have some universal skills you (or any business) could definitely benefit from. Email me if you'd like some help...

Bottom line: You get what you pay for... Buyer beware.

• Ro
      29th of May, 2008

I purchased a leather couch and love seat on May 28, 2008 from Liberty Freight. Or at least I thought I purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Liberty Freight. My wife and I went into Liberty Freight on Monday Memorial Day. The owner John with his fast talking car salesman spiel made us feel quite confident that we were in the right place. Even up through our decision to purchase this last and one of a kind 100% leather sofa and love seat. My wife and I were very proud of the fact that we were able to purchase this set which was 100% leather. When the set was delivered the next day it clearly was not the same set that we had picked out on the showroom floor. Upon investigation of the furniture we found that it was not 100% leather. It was 100% bonded leather. This was a much cheaper set than the set we picked out. The set on the showroom was clearly much softer as real leather would be. The junk we received was very hard like cold naugahyde. When we called John he told us so many different stories I'm not sure he knows what he told us at which time. We called the finance company to get them involved at which time they called John. He told them so many different stories just from what he told my wife. A word or advice for you John if you are going to tell a story, remember what you told so the next time you can tell the same one the same way. I am stuck with this overpriced fake leather furniture, but I guess it will be a $899 mistake. I personally would never step back into that store. As far as the previous poster and the Columbus BBB, I pesonally will be filing a report with the BBB. The post by Steve Miller brings up a good point, I think I will contact the Attorney Generals office and see if I can get my money back. Thanks Steve for the good idea.

• St
      12th of Jun, 2008

First, I find it disturbing that someone would use MY name in a response to someone that I have known and liked for several years. We both are devout Christians. We also know definetively who wrote this (a direct competitor). The person that wrote this has sold his soul to the devil and will get due justice for all they have done wrong to others.

Secondly, knowing this company mentioned in this article, the person that owns it, their family, and how they run their business, if you want the ABSOLUTE BEST DEAL ON FURNITURE & MATTRESSES IN COLUMBUS, OHIO look no further!!!
    It's sad that some people can be so vindictive and try to "trash talk" others to try to get ahead. To the person who USED my name (and you know who you are "Bel-ly boy") may you leave other people alone and try to get GOD in your heart. CLEAN UP YOUR ACT!!!

In closing for all who read... it's obvious you can't believe everything you read, especially on the internet, as we've now seen and read. Give this company a chance and you'll see the difference between them and "other" companies. Best price, service and the MOST MERCHANDISE IN-STOCK IN COLUMBUS, and ready to be delivered or picked up TODAY!!!
    Feel free to contact me personally through the email provided.

• Ro
      12th of Jun, 2008

First of all I am not a competitor, I was a customer of said company, and said company Liberty Freight screwed me. The sold me one thing and delivered something else. Anyone who wants can contact me for details. I would not recommend doing business with this company.

• Wh
      8th of Nov, 2008

Wow first you go from being someone that cant spell worth a damn; to now a devout Christian.

Son; You're just digging yourself into a deeper and deeper hole. I've seen better typing and grammatical skills from that of a second grader. It sickens me to see or hear people who claim to be devout Christians running businesses that are bent on ripping people off six ways from Sunday. I think some little boy neeeds a nap. Especially if you have so much time to be online rather than running your "Respectable business". Secondly; the warehouse I've seen from I-71 is a POS. Any "Respectable business" would have something a lot better looking. Obviously times are hard for everyone; so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. I've never been a customer; soley based on the condition of the warehouse from the highway. Image is everything. The condition of the container in which items are stored is a tell tale sign of how "quality" or lack there of, the items may be. Also judging by how defensive you're being and direct. I'd say that you're maybe the owners son. Just pissed that the old man hasn't kicked it yet and left the family debt to you. You need to do a little growing up and learn that people are going to have misunderstandings. Any misunderstandings by people no matter where they come from are always Your fault; at least in the eyes of the customer, because you failed to inform them.

So just quit being a sniffeling snot nosed brat. Be a grown up and settle things maturely. Not by being so direct and offensive. Putting people down isn't going to help others realise their own mistakes. Plus if you handel situations well enough; people just might change their opinions about you and might consider shopping there again. Relying on little contracts with the worlds smallest print as your only line of defense if someone tries to come back with a return is a horrilbe busniess practice. Unfortunately common place. Are you one of those crooks from wall street? Or are you a respectable business bent on keeping customers coming back time and time again? It's a wonder how you're company is still in business. Obviously they sell a quality product that many more are buying and enjoying much success with their purchased items. There will be some items that will slip through the cracks and its just up to the customer and seller to make sure they're getting whats being paid for.

MAKE SURE YOU GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING. AS IN THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY; IF IT'S NOT DOCUMENTED ON PAPER, IT NEVER HAPPENED. NO MATTER WHAT SOMEONE SAYS; VERBAL WORDS WILL BE MISINTERPRETATED.

19th of Nov, 2008

I bought a couch from Liberty Freight in December 2005, just a few months ago I found that a wooden beam in the back of the couch had broken and had torn a hole in the fabric and it was sticking out of the back of the couch.I took my receipt to the store because I was told I had a lifetime warranty on the frame, I also took a picture of the damage and showed to the owner of the store.He told me that it was a support beam and it wasnt part of the frame and if I wanted it fixed it would cost me 49 dollars, he spoke to me in a very rude manner and told me the only way that could have broken was by someone jumping on the couch.I live alone and I am the only one who ever sits on the couch and I do not jump on it EVER!Dont be fooled by low prices, you get what you pay for.

29th of Nov, 2008

I bought a rocker recliner from Liberty Freight in August of 2008 for $392 dollars.I was told the frame had a lifetime warranty, three months later a piece of the frame came loose and it made it hard to recline, I took my receipt to the store and told the owner what had happened.He then told me I would have to pay a $39 dollar service charge to have someone come out to my house and fix the chair, so much for lifetime warranties.If you are considering buying furniture from this store I highly advise you not to, if you ever have a problem with your furniture you will have to talk to the store manager John who speaks to you in a very rude tone, he makes it seem like its your fault your furniture is defective, and you will have to pay for the damages yourself, I will never shop there again.

• Te
      29th of Jan, 2009

You know Liberty Freight don't make this furniture, they sell in.To me they do have nice furniture, I bought from them a few years ago and was very pleased with what I got, and it was just what I bought.As far as John, John is a very nice gentleman.So is the rest of his family that Ive meant there.
    Matter fact I just stoped in few weeks ago and John was still as nice as he was the first time.So in closing dont always believe what you read.Liberty Freight in my option is a wonerfull family owed business.I would recommend them to everyone!
    Teresa

5th of Feb, 2009

I think Teresa is really John in disguise, she spells words wrong just like he does, John is not a friendly person at all, he was very rude to me when I returned to the store with my receipt so that I could get my couch fixed which supposedly had a lifetime warranty but I had to pay to get fixed.Believe me, dont ever ever ever shop at Liberty Freight, they have the worst customer service.

• Le
      16th of Feb, 2009

I just googled Liberty Freight after seeing an advertisement. I have never been in the store and have no first hand experience to complain of, and after seeing these postings I do not intend on that changing. The way these complaints are handled, regardless of how valid they may or may not be, is completely unprofessional. I trained customer service associates for a very reputable national catalog company for a number of years, I realize that people are more likely to share a complaint than they are a compliment, however that is all the more reason to rectify any misunderstanding that you can. Instead, the responses include name calling and irrational comments, as if this company is run by juveniles. Also, as someone above mentioned, the spelling errors just add to the negative reputation you seem to be building for yourself. The complaints did not stop me from coming into your store, I would still have come in to the store to reach my own conclusion. However, it is the way you have chosen to respond to them that has cost you yet another customer.

• Ki
      3rd of May, 2009

I totally agree with everyone except teresa. John you suck they are nothing but a rip off. You are not a true man or American if you pull the stuff that you have you are suppose to fix my love seat sometime this week. Well guess what The Attorney General's Office is going to be notified tom on Mon May 4, 2009 and also and attorney cause you see I have proof and doc. that you are nothing but a scam...

• Go
      15th of May, 2009

i agree with everyone this is no place to shop, i purchased a mattress and box spring set recently and as usual like with everything else i have bought they dont have it in stock they told me 2 times whenit wold be there and both times i drove over there and it wasnt in yet, ($70 for delivery? get real) susposibly stuck on a truck somewhere between here and north carolina and when i did get it i swear its not like the one i saw in the store, and now low and behold after sleeping on it a few weeks the matress is bowing in the middle my wife and i sink to the center of the bed it is super uncomfortable definetly not worth the $1000 i paid for it (and no john its not a bad frame or someones weight so dont try it) and every time you go in the store john is busy making a ton of calls and bragging about what he can buy his wife next, no one care how much money you have to spend

16th of May, 2009

wow i't never stop from you. we have no mattresse that is not warranty fully by the manufacture we sell serta so you can even sleep on it for a week and still bring it back. folks don't be fooled by lies and deceit for things that are posted on the internet. stop in and see for yourself the best product for your hard earn dollars when you attack me no problem. my wife is a great women mr. who battle breast cancer twice plus open heart surgery so i do check on her a lot. but come on in and see for yourself these hard times for our families as well as your's we strive for honesty and integrity and our consumers know we out source our deliveries so you never pay me it goes to the delivery company. infact we our a accredited member of your b.b.b. and we will always be there for our loyal customers can you say the same mr.b Godskidds2 bring your mattress back for a new one lets be honest with it allyou never brought anything here just more of your nonsense our sets do not come out of the carolina's god bless your famillies me commenting on this web page will not happen again so in closing i say again smart people our never fooled they will check things out and make intelligent decision on there own

• Wi
      28th of May, 2009

I was considering going in to Liberty Freight to look around for living room furniture, of course I decided to do a little home work on the buisness since it is a small LLC. After reading the customer complaints I began to think about shopping somewhere else, than I saw the responses from the business owner and I knew for a fact that this was not the place for me to spend my hard earned money. Thank you for saving me time and money, I guess the old saying applies "Buyer Beware."

• Go
      16th of Jul, 2009

We purchased a $530 recliner from Liberty Freight, 6 days later the right arm of the recliner broke loose. When I went into the store hoping that the owner would be reasonable and refund my money, he accused me of using the chair wrong! Saying that you are not suppose to use the arms of the recliner to aide in rising from the chair. Well- he didn't say it like that- I prefer to use proper English. Anyway- the conversation became heated and he called me "stupid" and "a piece of crap" at different points because I suggested that the customers in the store take their HARD EARNED MONEY elsewhere.
    Bottom line- instead of spending $530 on a recliner, then $40 to have the manufacturer fix it 'under warranty', go to La-Z-Boy and spend $700 for one that you will never have problems with. Oh, and if you do, they will happily do whatever it takes to make you happy, without accusing you of misusing the product. Because a real owner knows the customer is always right.

• Ke
      20th of Jan, 2010

The only problem I had was with the repair. I went in sometime in November about my couch being broken. And I talked to them about a board being broken in my ottoman. They said the ottoman was not under warranty but the couch is and I would have to pay $39.95 to get the repair man to come to my house to fix it. He said that was not included in teh warranty. i said well I don't want to do that I will bring the couch in here and he can fix it here. They said I didn't hve that option...long story short he told me the repair guy would call me that day or that week at least and I haven't heard from him yet. It's been months and still not a word. I actually forgot about it until the other day when I went to move the couch and realized it was still broken. I've only had the furniture not even two years yet. Did anyone think to call the manufacturer directly?? Did anyone get anywhere with them?