LG Washer/Dryer / service on a washer dryer

1 158 West Clinton StreetDover, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-595-7200

We have a 2-in-1 washer/dryer (w/d) that required service back in early December 2007. We purchased the appliance from Best Buy and bought an extended warranty on the appliance. Even though we bought the appliance from Best Buy, the company responsible for service repair is Metro Factory Service. When the w/d didn't work last December, we placed a call for service but the company couldn't send a technician out until January 7, 2008. The technician came to check the appliance and said that a "sensor part" was not working and that he would have to order the part from the manufacturer and it takes about five (5) working days to get the part. Once he gets the part he will come in the following week (week of January 14th) to fix the problem. I called the company the week of January 14th to see when they will send the technician to fix the w/d. They said the part is not in and they will notify us once they have the part. I called again the week of January 21st to see if the part was in from the manufacturer. The company assigned a technician for service on January 24th. This time we got a new technician who said that the problem was misdiagnosed by the first technician and that it’s not the "sensor part" but the "pump" that's not working. He said he would order the "pump" and once he has the pump he will be able to fix the problem. I got a call from Metro Factory Service on February 8th saying that they can send a technician on February 29th to provide the service. I asked if we could get the service earlier than that as it was already over two months since we were out of a working washer/dryer.
The customer service lady said the earliest they can send someone out is on February 22nd. I got a call from Metro Factory Service on February 21st that due to the bad weather conditions, they would have to cancel the service and reschedule for February 28th. I got a call again today (February 27th) from Metro Factory Service saying that there's no "technician" in the area until next week and that we have to reschedule the service appointment for March 5th.

At this point I am not sure if Metro Factory Service is serious about providing service.

We paid up-front for extended warranty when we bought the appliance. And we have not received an appropriate service in time. The problem was misdiagnosed in the first place by company's technician. The company has caused us a lot of hard-ship. I have placed numerous calls and have not heard from a manager representative of the company. The only people I have heard from are customer service people who called to cancel or reschedule the appointment. I have tried to reach the management (Ms. Stella, Manager) and left numerous messages with her staff as well as on her voice-mail but have not heard from her.

We are requesting a full investigation on the company and request that we receive full refund on the appliance plus compensation for all the hard ship we have endured in the last three months.

Comments

11th of Mar, 2008

Although I have not had the service call yet from this company, they did promise to come to check a new appliance a washing machine that is not even a month old because I feel it is not spinning correctly. It is a Whirlpool, Estate machine. Now I called and stayed in all day today 3/11/08 and called a couple of times to see if they were coming and they said they were. It is now 7:00 in the evening and I can not believe how people can lie. I am a senior citizen who can not afford the time or bad equipment. Now my next move is to call Whirlpool who suggested I call this company for service and give Whirlpool a piece of my mind for contracting with such horrible vendors.
    They could really care less, but I hate to be lied too with a straight face, just tell people they are to busy for one day and make it another, don't have people hanging all day. I hope this helps the next person who want to call this company for service.

• Ke
      8th of May, 2008

We are having serious problems with this company Metro Factory Service. It has been a month since our original call and our whirlpool washer is still not working. We had to pay up front and it took over 3 weeks just to get the part in. Then we were told it would cost us an additional 135 dollars to take the dryer down(its a stacked set) so they could work on the washer. There customer service stinks, you would think whirlpool would use someone more reliable.

• Hu
      9th of May, 2008

We bought the LG Tromm washer and dryer in January of 2008. We have had nothing but problems with both. Despite service calls and many attempts to return to HomeDepot, we have still not resolved the issue. We are trying to return both for a refund. The salesman lied to us, every service call reveals another issue with these machines, and they are nothing but JUNK!!! If you or anyone is considering buying an LG washer and /or dryer I highly suggest you look at any other brand. These machines do not clean, do not dry, and are nothing more than a con.

• Pa
      23rd of Jun, 2009

We bought this washer/dryer combo about a year and a half ago and they are garbage. The tub in the dryer cracked in half in just over a year and company will do nothing about it. Its not like something simple happened due to normal wear and tear. The tub is split in hal[censored] They say because we didnt purchase the extended warrnaty that there is nothing they can do. Totally unconscienable on thier part. From what Ive read, the people who purchased the extended warranties cant get any service either. This company, LG, makes garbage and tries to move it as quickly as possible to people who are not informed about the product. DONT buy anything from this company.

• Pa
      27th of Apr, 2011

I will never ever buy a LG washer or dryer ever again. They are lemons. Horrible . Horrible. They are both a nightmares.