LG India / customer displeasure and dissatisfaction!

1 India Review updated:

I booked an LG air conditioner with an LG distributor. In Chennai its peak summer and everyone wants an AC. I booked it one week back and paid for it through my Credit Card and I am yet to receive my AC. How is it not possible for LG to judge market demand and supply? The distributor is also at the receiving end of customer displeasure and dissatisfaction, as it takes over a week's time for the materials to come from LG. Suggestions please anyone...

From IRATE Customer.

Sa

Comments

26th of May, 2007

Hi,

I recently bought a window 0.8 ton Lg a/c from an LG store in Shahdara on 03/05/07. The a/c was installed on 12/05/07 and on the same day i found that the manual switch of the a/c wasnt working. Immediately after realizing the same i phoned the store from where the a/c was purchased. The chap over there advised me that a complaint for the same will be forwarded and someone from LG will visit the next day to fix it. Apparently the other day two technicians visited to my property however both of them didn't have any information to fix it up. To my astonishment they said that the manual switch on the a/c is not suppose to work and it can only be operated from the remote control provided with a/c. For obvious reasons i was very surprised to listen to some thing like this from a person who he calls himself an engineer with such a big company. Still i managed to convince him whatever i knew because i have another same model installed in my other room and therefore i even demonstrated him the functioning of the same. The technician said that he will come back with the solution tomorrow. The next day he did appear with a circuit and after changing it the same problem persisted. Then the technician said that he will get back to me in few days by phone which till date didnt happen.

Now i will too much frustrated with the service so i finally made a call to the customer service number at 39010909 on 18/05/07 and a complaint was booked again. And till date i haven't heard anything from anybody till now. It was only today that the things got even worse when i called the same number to know the status in the evening. I spoke with atleas 7 people including a supervisor (Deepak). I spoke with executives named Gopal, Amit, Vipin who all disconnected my call.

So its been really long that i have been waiting to get a brand new a/c fixed and i promise you that if this complaint is not taken seriously then i will not hesitate in moving this case to consumer court. I have already spent a fortune on phone calls to your service centre of which i have a proof in black and white. So i will appreciate if it will be taken care of as early as possible and a written apology is sent to me.

SAURABH KAPOOR

Greater Noida-201306 (UP)

Sir,

Sub: LG window A/C– performance–Compliant– Regarding
    +++

I wish to state that I have purchased a window A/C 1.5 tonne capacity (LWA18F1RPL1 AD 32 DM(1) PLASMA – S.No.604 DXKD003085) in May, 2006 for Rs.17100/- at M/s. Vasanth and Co. dealer in Coimbatore. Since March, 2007, some foul smell had been emanating from the A/C and hence the issue was taken to the knowledge of the customer care centre at Coimbatore and they advised me to go for complete cleaning of the A/C with water and they did it but even after that the continuance of bad smell continued and again they went for one more water cleaning, which did not accomplish any improvement in the cessation of the foul odour. I also wish to inform you that every time, I had to pay money to the mechanic for not getting the problem set right. Even the mechanics, which attended to the machine did not have previous such experience and only on TRIAL AND ERROR BASIS, they had just washed the machine, which did not improve the working condition of the machine. Now the A/C is ideal and it is merely a show piece. I also wish to inform you that I myself have been cleaning the air filter regularly and the place where I live in is also not a polluted area, where the dust accumulation is comparatively low, compared to other part of the city.

I request that the problem of foul smell from the A/C may be attended to by deputing a SKILLED MECHANIC, WHO IS WELL VERSED WITH THE REPAIRING OF LATEST LG A/C or the piece may be replaced with a new one since the problem is not set right by your customer care centre. Again I wish to reiterate you that I do not want to pay anything again for simply washing the machine with water, which do not bear any fruit.

Even though, it was indicated at the time of purchase that three free services will be offered for a period of one year, no one attended the free service, which a customer is entitled to. One more issue is the mechanics, who came to my residence for repairing the A/C did not become familiar with the new versions of the A/C.

If the A/C is not put into use by you or your authorized representatives, I will be left with no other option but to seek the legal assistance of the appropriate forum to get my grievances redressed. I am not really happy with the way that your after care service centre is functioning,since they are simply interested in charging the customers rather than addressing the issue/problem rightfully. I hope you will understand my mental agony and the problem I have been facing all these days and set the issue amicably since it is the responsibility and duty of the producing firms to attend to the customers’ needs.

With regards,

Yours sincerely,

(C.SEKAR)

E-Mail : c_sekar2000@yahoo.com
    Mobile : 9442015970

25th of Nov, 2007

I have been using (LG) washing machine since last 7 years and satisfied with the performance of the machine, but from the past 2 months my spinner is not working & i have registered the complaint many times on 39010909 and every time i give up the call i get a new complaint number. No body from the service center has turned up to do the repair of the machine. I am really dissatisfied with service center people. My complaint id is N7CB2400118.

• Bv
      31st of Dec, 2007

LG DVd players is not working.

• Md
      8th of Jan, 2008

To The Service Manager
    LG ELECTRONIC INDIA
    INDIA

Respected sir,
    I have purchaged a LG 21' FLATRON Colour TV. two years ago. Last one year I am facing an unnatural problem. Every evening from 7pm to 10 pm this TV is not working properly at all. Problem is,when I am watching programm in deferrent channel ,automatically channel changeing and going to '0'. Again and again it is happening. This time remort is also not working. I have complaint to your call centre complaint no. was C0502579. After 10 days engineer had come in day time and said there is no problem and taken Rs.200 as service charge. But in the evening evening the same problem happened. Again called up to callcentre and logged another complaint with clearly stating that problem happening in the evening after 7pm in complaint no. C1703761 on 17th Dec07. From callcentre I got a phone no . of local service centre , I called up there they send engineer again in the day time and said this is impossible to send engineer in the evening, and engineer said that this is not problem of TV this is a problem of Cable Signal. In referrence i am telling you there are three nos. of LG TV in our locality showing same problem in the evening, and this is happening only on LG TV
    I am requesting you to see the matter and try to solve my problem.
    My Proper Name and address is .....

MD. BASIR UDDIN
    S/O. MD. SOHIUDDIN
    VILL- TULSI DANGA PARA
    P.O- BALGONA(T.D)
    P.S- BHATAR
    DIST. - BURDWAN
    STATE- WEST BENGAL
    PIN - 713125
    PHONE NO.- 0342-2320616 (RESI.)
    MOBILE NO. - 9231028028 / 9836668049

Thanking you

Yours faithfully

MD. BASIR UDDIN

• Vi
      16th of Apr, 2008

i bought lg ac three half and there was a compreesre problem it was in warrnty plz send ur service man my ph no 9911748999

• Sr
      24th of Apr, 2008

hi...

i troubled with my LG dvd writer a lot... so how can i get service for it. and make my problem clear.

in our town kakinada the LG service centre is not available... will you give me some solution or assistance to make it work...

2nd of May, 2008

i have buyed a DVD writer from LG. and now when it has a problem, i visited LG service center, Nehru Palace, , after taking more then 10 days they given me a DVD writer saying that it has been done now, but when i came to home and tried to burn CD's or DVD's, it was not working. LG service is really poor . i will file a case against them, bec it is not easy for me to go to their service center from Faridabad to nehru palace again and again

• Dr
      14th of Jun, 2008

hi everybody
    i bought an lg mobile phone model -p7200 on 10/07/2006 costing rs.13400/- FROM NOKIA WORLD NU-YORK, , TELE WORLD, OPP LALBAZAR HQ, KOLKATA,
    SR. NO.-602KPJP109876, battery no-SBPP0013302, IMEI NO-357756001098769, CHARGER NO-TA-25GD2 DATE OF MFG.-02/2006. THIS WAS ONE OF MY BIGGEST MISTAKES I DID IN MY LIFE... WITH IN TWO MONTHS PROBLEM STARTED WITH BATTRRY. WHICH DISCHARGED TWICE A DAY . I CONTACT TO CUSTOMER CARE KOLKATA.. THEY SAID IT WILL BE OK AFTER 4-5 MONTHS.NOW THE BLACK COATING OF FRONT OF THE MOBILE GOT OFF GIVING IT AN UGLY LOOK. SOME HOW IT WAS CHANGED AFTER SOME DAYS.. BUT THE PROBLEM WITH THE BATTERY CONTINUED.. AS I LEFT KOLKATA IN THE MONTH OF JAN 2007. AFTER THEN I AM LOOKING FOR NEW BATTERY . BUT ITS NOWHERE AVAILABLE. I TRIED COSTUMER CARE IN BIHAR SHARIF, PATNA, KOLKATA, NEW DELHI.. BUT EVERY BODY WAS SORRY AS COMPANY HAS STOPPED MANUFACTURING IT. MY MOBILE PHONE IS OK IN CONDITION BUT I CANT USE IT AS I AM UNABLE TO GET A NEW BATTERY FOR IT. IF ANY THING COSTING RS.13400/- AND NOT SURVING FOR JUST TWO YRS. THEN WHY THESE KIND OF MODELS COME TO THE MARKET. JUST TO LOOT MONEY FROM INDIA. I AM TOTALLY CHEATED AS I BOUGHT THIS HAND SET OF MY FIRST EARNING OF MY LIFE... SORRY LG.. NOW I THINK I AND EVERYBODY SHOULD BUY MOBILE PHONES OTHER THEN LG... IF LG INDIA HAS TO SAY ME ANY THING, I WELCOME .
    DR. NAVIN KUMAR
    AT-ASHANAGAR
    P.O+P.S-SOHSARAI
    DISTRICT-NALANDA
    PIN NO-803118 (BIHAR)
    MOBILE NO.-09905462550.

19th of Jun, 2008

Its a high time that someone bans all LG products.

Their sales is superb. But product and customer service is the poorest of the poor. They hire the cheapest persons in the industry, and naturally when ``They pea-nuts they get only monkeys´´. This applies right from the lady who picks the phone to the lowermost technician.

In Chennai, I bought a Split AC, a Refrigerator and a Washing machine. And all my life I regret the decision I took.

• Av
      8th of Jul, 2008

LG service response, the quality of service person is --------------

the less said better

I am fed up with LG response

• Na
      15th of Jul, 2008

hi
    this is naresh recently we brought one new lg slimmagic tv to our home .but we r facing lot of problems with it, when we call to the service center they r also not responding properly, the persons coming from the service center has no enough experience in solving the problem, instead of reducing the trouble they are creating new problems.we lost the patients with them.so please do the best service for us .waiting for u.this is my mobile number 09985568671.here is my address
    nellore,

DISTRICT-NALANDA
    PIN NO-803118 (BIHAR)
    MOBILE NO:-09905054625

28th of Jul, 2008

yes i agree with this compliant .i puchased an lg air conditioner two months back ...my problem is that it took one week for the installation engineer to come and install the ac...and also the ac product was not upto the my satisfaction...the ac is taking more time for coolling the small bedroom...and also it consumes more power...dear customers please don't buy LG air conditioners.

12th of Aug, 2008

Hi,
    i had bought a LG Flatron monitor from Nehru place. But it is not working.
    there is a problem last night i started my PC my monitor color became dark and dark and after that there is only black screen.
    and a spark and a little smoke in monitor..

please repair my monitor

Sandeep kumar
    +91-9873959192
    C-47 Amar Colony, East Gokal Pur
    Shahdra
    Delhi-110094

• At
      16th of Oct, 2008

I got a MG-3937C Micro over as gift, i am unable to operate the oven properly, so i want help, where from i will get the help please suggest me...

Atanu Ghosh

• Mk
      4th of Jan, 2009

I had a LG W1642S LCD Monitor for the last 3 months. By using this I had experience severe eye strain. I think it has no TCO 03 Certification. But LG's Website shows it has TCO 03 & TCO 99 Certifications. It shows only in the website not in the carton or in the monitor itself. Why are u cheating the customers like this? Can u Give me any advice to solve this problem otherwise it will spoil my eyes, i think. . . .

• Ji
      27th of Apr, 2009

LG Refrigerator
    Posted: 2009-04-27 by Jitesh Nambiar Send email

Poorest Quality Product and Cheap Service
    This is a copy and paste of the chain communication with LG staff. LG products are the CHEAPEST in QUALITY and LG is the POOREST company in terms of Customer Service. Never buy anything from LG - Life's NOT Good with LG (I am starting to think that the poorest and low quality Korean product and designs are dumped in Indian market...and we as customers are paying price for it. High time we realise this and take actions...)

==============================
    To CEO, COO, CFO, MD and all Top Executives,

Dear Sirs,

This is with sheer disappointment w/ LG service and quality that I am compelled to write this email to you...w/out taking much of your time here, below is a quick summary of the harassment I am facing from LG:

* Bought a BRAND NEW Refrigerator from LG India Authorized Dealer on April 5th 2009
    * Was sent a faulty, dented and damaged piece...NEVER WORKED!
    * Requested for replacement
    * Thousands for phone calls to number of staff within LG India
    * No Action taken so far
    * Received a supposedly BRAND NEW Piece on April 25th, 2009.
    * To my HORROR and DISBELIEF, the REPLACED product was also SEVERELY Damaged.
    * Still fighting to get the product for which I PAID IN FULL A MONTH BACK
    * HARASSMENT CONTINUES
    * On the verge of giving up and taking the matter to the Consumer Court, if not resolved ASAP

My questions:

* Why do you say Life's Good with LG...when it obviously is NOT!
    * Who is responsible for LG product Quality...I as a consumer demand my right to speak to the person responsible for quality assurance
    * I no longer desire any product from LG...will you offer me MY MONEY BACK...

Please take some time out to look into these issues...I know you might be getting lot of such complaints owing to bad quality products that are shipped to the customer, but it probably is high time when we start giving quality and customer service a serious thought.

Hope it will be in your powers to answer these questions and resolve my issues.

Thanks and Regards,
    Jitesh

----- Forwarded by Kv JITESH/HDPI/HSBC on 04/27/2009 01:24 PM -----
    27 Apr 2009 13:07 Mail Size: 24090
    Phone No. 7191 262034
    krkim@lge.com

Subject
    Fw: LG Customer Inquiry-[Jitesh Nambiar] - NO ACTION TAKEN AS YET!!!

Your Ref

LIFE's NOT GOOD WIH LG!!!

----- Forwarded by Kv JITESH/HDPI/HSBC on 04/27/2009 01:12 PM -----
    27 Apr 2009 13:05 Mail Size: 19604
    Phone No. 7191 262034
    manpreetbhatia@lge.com

Subject
    Fw: LG Customer Inquiry-[Jitesh Nambiar] - NO ACTION TAKEN AS YET!!!

Your Ref

It's been a MONTH now since I purchased this BRAND NEW refrigerator and I STILL DO NOT HAVE IT. WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO LG QUALITY...I was provided A FAULTY PIECE FOR THE SECOND TIME.

I am going to take this matter to the highest of levels within LG India, UK and Japan. Also to the Consumer Court in India. This simply is CUSTOMER HARASSMENT.

LIFE's NOT GOOD WIH LG!!!

-Jitesh

----- Forwarded by Kv JITESH/HDPI/HSBC on 04/27/2009 01:10 PM -----
    07 Apr 2009 13:01 Mail Size: 13290
    Phone No. 719126 5365
    MANPREET BHATIA

Re: LG Customer Inquiry-[Jitesh Nambiar]

Hi,

Can you please advise as to what is the status of this inquiry. I am still in a fix and not sure how to proceed from here. The phone number for Mr. Ashok Chugh seems to be always busy and he is not reachable for further communication. I'll really appreciate if someone can contact me to inform what steps are being taken to resolve my issue. I can always be contacted via email or my mobile # 9899306454.

Thanks for your help!
    Jitesh

MANPREET BHATIA
    06 Apr 2009 16:53 Mail Size: 6660
    Kv JITESH/HDPI/HSBC@HSBC03

LG Customer Inquiry-[Jitesh Nambiar]

-----------Reply to Customer Inquiry------------
    Dear Customer, We acknowledge your mail and really appreciate your effort for sharing your concerns with us through our web services. Further to your query, we have forwarded your issue to concerned Branch service Manager and assure you that an immediate step would be taken in this regard. Please don't hesitate to contact our Branch Service Manager Mr Ashok Chugh if you need any more information on his mobile number 09999798775.For further assistance please provide us your valuable feedback, to help us serve you better, on our service ID lgservice@lgindia. Thanks and Regard Greater Noida(UP) 0120-2560900 Aseem khan Customer Services Dept. LGEIL- Head Office

-----------Original Customer Inquiry------------
    Received Date : 6/4/2009 14:18:28
    The type of inquiry : Customer Service
    Product/Model No. : Refrigerator/GL-258VT4

I am extremely unhappy about the situation here and I seek immediate assistance. I purchased a brand new (or it seemed) LG Refrigerator from LG Authorized Dealer Techno Life, Sector 14, Gurgaon on Saturday (04 April 2009) afternoon. However the refrigerator is not working since the installation and it has been sent to LG workshop for repair. My question here is... * How come LG / LG Dealer supplied me with a faulty piece. Is this why LG calls itself 'India's No. 1 Brand'. This is the type of product that it sells in the market? * I did not receive the piece I requested for...I chose a different color and the dealer sent me the refrigerator in a different color. I compromised on that. I found that the refrigerator has got a DENT on it's face. I still did not make a fuss about it. And when I switched it on...IT IS NOT WORKING. * Now the refrigerator has been sent to workshop...why would I accept an appliance which is not working from Day 1. I do not care what the problem is...please. I had paid price for a brand new appliance...and I would like to get one. I would want this email to be escalated to highest levels and I will only be satisfied if I get a brand new WORKING refrigerator. I did not pay the price for a second hand appliance from LG and I am not interested in receiving a repaired piece. I would like to know what my options here are...I only request to have my refrigerator REPLACED and not repaired. I will wait for a response to this email and I will take further actions based on your response. If LG is really interested in providing good customer service, please ensure the appliance is replaced. I am not ready to accept a repaired piece after spending 17000 and with no fault of mine. Thanks! Jitesh

16th of May, 2009

I AM FROM INDIA I BUY TV FROM QATAR JUST ONE MONTH AGO IT WAS NOT WORKING NOW A DAYS AGO.I HAD CONTACT THE LG CUSTUMER CARE AT THAT TIME THEY SAY THE TV IS TOTALY COMPLAINT SO THEY ASK MONEY FOR REPAIRING, IS THERE IS NO INTERNATIONAL WARANTY CARD. AT THAT TIME I HAD CONTACT THE QATAR DEALER 'THEY SAID THAT THE TV HAS ONLY QATAR WARANTY, THEY HAD NOT PROVIDING INTERNATIONAL WARANTY . WHAT WILL WE DO

• Lg
      23rd of Jun, 2009

Hi, ,

Even I am also suffering from the LG Demons. It so happened that i brought a new KG 195 mobile phone in the month of April 2008, and after 6 months the handset was not working properly, as there was no audio. When I contacted the so called customer service of LG and told them about the problem they charged an amount that equals to the charge of the mobile phone handset, when i told them that it is not right and the handset was under warranty and they cannot charge anything, then they said that they didnt care for any claims for warranty, if i wanted my cellphone repaired then i have to pay or else go to hell, this was the remark, I am thinking to launch a complaint against LG in the Consumer Forum, the government should take legal action against this company and ban it from India.
    According to the personm, LG never provides any warranty on any products, so buy it and forget us...