LG Electronics Service Centre - South Africa / empty promises and no freaking tv

1 South Africa Review updated:

Recently I had the pleasure of purchasing a new TV, an LG unit. One month and two days after purchase the power supply blew (LG's service centre diagnosis). Long story short, a new part was ordered, but the wrong part was ordered (cue the circus music). I was then promised a new unit as replacement and that it would be shipped to me in Grahamstown. One month later the replacement unit was authorized. I waited...and time passed slowly. After finally deciding of not dealing with the proxy I called LG headoffice in the Big Smoke of Gauteng who then proceeded to give me the run around and finally after contiunous hounding I was given a tracking number, note a tracking number that means a unit was dispatched. Upon calling the "ringlin brothers" in PE, I was told that they would follow up on the tracking number and it was tracked down to their receiving department. It was in PE, I smiled I cried. But alas HQ forgot to include some key documents and it was not shipped, the unit then seemingly disappeared. Because suddenly there was no unit for shipping and someone at head office still had to send it. WTF WTF man! More phone calls to LG PE and LG JoBurg and two weeks later the phantom TV was dispatched again. Finally the unit is in PE and LG are disputing the fact that they promised to send the TV to me. Now this is probably going to go nowhere and I have a better chance of squeezing myself into the clowncar at LG PE and actually driving and delivering the TV to myself than actually getting an answer out of them. So one wonders, do the uber efficient LG head honcho's in South Korea know what a bad reputation there South African division is giving them. If I lived anywhere else I'd probably have had the TV delivered by the CEO himself but until that time arrives I will continue to deal with clowns, empty promises and no freaking TV. Thank you LG, Samsung just got a new client.

Comments

• Cr
      26th of May, 2011

Need simple answer from LG where I can have portable dvd player model DP461D repaired with posable cracked screen, not to pay R230.00 for on line tecnition to tell me the screen is broken. Please LG make your site user friendly, or is your products not repairable by deviating answers on reliable repair unit. Bought this unit for my grand daugter on the stength of your adverts some time ago bring your LG broken units for rapid repair. Did not save the detail as I thought this is what service is all about. All I want is service centre adress or contact detail.

• Ha
      6th of Jul, 2011

i NEED A TUTORIAL FOR MY RH389H. IT IS A RECORDER WITH HARD DRIVE. IT SEEMS THAT THE RECORDER DONT WANT TO RECORD FROM A DVD AND THE DVD IS NOT CODED. NO TUTORIAL IN THE BOX. JUST TELL ME WERE i CAN FIND THIS TUTORIAL PLEASE. ALDO I DOUBT WETHER I WILL GET A RESPONCE.
    SENT YOUR EMAIL TO pgd@tiscali.co.z PLEASE

• Le
      4th of May, 2013

My aunt lost her Manual for her new washing machine, which she just bought recentley its. A Semi-automatic washing machine. Model : p1860RWP serial number 008twhx03489! Is it possible for yourl to send us a manual! Please get back to me ASAP

• Ra
      16th of Aug, 2013

FREEZE PARTS ARE BROKEN. ALREADY DOCKETTED NO. RNA130813091738 BUT NO PERSON IS ATTENDED

• Ni
      21st of Nov, 2014

I bought an LG washing machine (F1403YD5) about 4 years ago now. The door rubber got damaged and I contacted the Lg repair centre to replace the rubber.
    After the technician replaced the rubber, the machine made a hell of a noise whilst spinning. LG informed me tbat the shocks of the then 3 and a half year old machine needed replacement. This was as a result of overloading, which is impossible if you are single and only manage to ever fill half a load. They then replaced the shocks. Thereafter the machine could not spin clockwise. Another technician came to fix the second problem created by LGs repair centre. He told me the old shocks were okay and never needed replacement. Thereafter the machine made the same noise as after the rubber was replaced. I was then told by LG that they would send the machine to their engineer to have a look at the problem and fix it. The machine returned 2 weeks later with the same problem, now only at the higher spin cycles. This was early-mid September 2014.
    Since then, my boyfriend and I have contacted LG almost every day with no response. Either the lady handling our complaint is in training, or out, or they will call you back (which they never do). This has been going on for almost 2 months (today is 21 Nov 2014).
    At this point, the only solution I see is to never buy an LG product again and continue the struggle to get a hold of them...
    This is the worst service I have ever received in 26 years!

• Bo
      4th of Jan, 2017

Good day

My name is Bongiwe Dawn Tshabalala. My mother and her neighbour bough a LG TV. The TV's are having are having the same problem, the screen just went off and there is no volume at all. Both TV's had the same problem as it started with the grey screen. We are not happy with the LG products as the guranteed is finished and the TV"s are having the same problem. My mother is staying in Free State. My mother's contact details: 0724056145

Kind Regards
    Bongiwe Dawn Tshabalala (0725362962/0792794174)