Lexmark Printer Scanner, 1270 series / Bad online service and lack of working on product

1 Marlow, England, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

Ridiculous situation - my printer won't work and nothing is set on to tell me there's an error! Just NOTHING HAPPENS when I press "control and print"! Their socalled "Lexmark Centre" which I pressed up on my pc is showing as a "Busy error message" - (ie. it tells me the printing is "Done" when it ain't, so this part is true!). Their laughable, poxy "Technical Support" section is anything but in reality! It just shows u printers and you're meant to guess which one. Well I KNOW mine is a Lexmark 1270, yet their stupid pull-down options list doesn't display this model, which is genuinely one of theirs and SHOULD therefore display it as a given! I couldn't get passed this stupidity to get onto a practicle helpful site that WOULD TRY AND HELP, and stupidly they give u NO option to say "I don't know the make" or more practical even would be:- "My make is not displayed here", which are sorely needed! We paid for this in January, so it shouldn't be going wrong at all and there should be user-friendly, simple, helpful customer prompts to putting right what could be simple problems for all we know, NOT this craziness where frustrated people cannot penetrate their useless obstacle course which is frankly wasting our time! (This isn't what we brought our Lexmark for thanks!).

Their full address is;-Lexmark Int'l UK, Westhorpe, Marlow, Bucks SL7 3RQ. As strangely your address lines were not sufficient and would not allow me to put in the full and correct address of them! (Don't know why?). Their business reg. no is;- 2567373. My name is Mrs. Winfield and my landline no. is; [protected]. Sorry I haven't been able to track down a phone number for Lexmark or a site, (the fount of all wisdom which they are!).

Yours sincerely,
Mrs. D. Winfield

Comments

• Mi
      8th of Oct, 2008

I have downloaded the driver for windows xp compatible with the 1270 series this has woeked fine but it does not print/scan or other please help

• Yv
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I bought my Lexmark 1270 scanner last winter. It has konked out already, started off making noises, like a stuck mule, beached whale, or some old tin man, that needed oiling badly. I called the company here in the U.S at 1-800-539-6275 (toll free number) about a month ago. The technical support said the hardware or something, must be defective. My warranty is up and they cannot fix it, but offered me another scanner about $69, which is what I paid for this one, only that model doesn't have to be connected to a computer. I told them I didn't want to invest in another scanner, when this one should've lasted more than one year. I got no customer satisfaction. I feel cheated as a consumer; money down the drain.