Levis / BELT LOOPS

1 277 Antler RunChickamauga, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 423-593-8550

I have purchased 3 pair of levi jeans and all 3 pair the belt loops have broke. The price of the jeans was 39.99 a piece and now when i wear them I have to put belt on and tuck the broke one under my belt. I will not be buying and more of these jeans and I will be sure to tell all my friends and family to stay away from them. I work to hard for my money to buy something that want stay together but a couple of months.

Comments

• Je
      19th of Sep, 2012

My husband has worn Levi's for 40 years, but lately every pair has at least one, if not more, broken belt loops. What's happened to Levi's quality? We're looking for a new brand that will hold up.

• Ga
      18th of Nov, 2012
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

I agree, I don't understand it. This has been happening to me over the last few years. Multiple pairs of Jeans bought at different times, so its not just a bad batch.

Suddenly quality HAS gone "out of style" at Levi Strauss and Co...

11th of Dec, 2012

You have not pin pointed the defective belt loop. I can. I purchased 4 pairs of Levis jeans in the past 3 years. These jeans all have a broken belt loop over the left back pocket. Belt loop comes apart at the bottom of these belt loops. I have contacted Ana at Levis somewhere. She gave me a case number 2 weeks ago, still waiting to see what they will do.

Ana
    Levi Strauss & Co.
    Consumer Relations
    Case ID: 4019672

11th of Dec, 2012

LevisBrand@lsc.epowercenterdirect.com
    This is the e-mail address that I am dealing with these defective jeans. From Ana
    LevisBrand@lsc.epowercenterdirect.com

• Ba
      27th of Oct, 2013

We're frustrated because Levis reduced the number of belt loops from 7 to 5 and now there are huge gaps along the beltline. My husband has worn 501s for 20+ years, looking for a replacement. Levi, stop being cheap. you're losing customers.

• Je
      14th of May, 2017

@BatVic Switch to the Lee Jeans. that's why I did not to mention the wallet pockets tears out on every pair . I dropped Levi for good.

• Bi
      3rd of Oct, 2018

@BatVic Check out the Pipe Line brand at Kohl's... exactly the same as Levi's except for the zipper.

• Lo
      29th of Mar, 2014

Purchased two pair of 560's and with in a few months a belt loop on each pair broke as well as ripped the fabric. Now the jeans are unusable. I only used these jeans for work sitting is a cubicle all day. The material the belt loop is attached to are so cheap and thin it's no wonder they ripped. What a waste of money!

• We
      11th of Jun, 2014

I Aggree, My loops have ripped BUT I am more upset with the fact that I only get 5 beltloops instead of 7. BatVic is correct.

Bob

24th of Apr, 2016

Two belt loops have now broken on my lightly used Levi 505 jeans. Something is terribly wrong with Levi quality. These jeans are way to expensive for this to be happing!

4th of Oct, 2016

9 pairs of 501's in the past two years... everyone single has the left back pocket loop broken... No others break... only the loop above the left pocket. It tears out of the material and leaves a hole so repairing it is useless!!

• Bb
      25th of Dec, 2016

Same here, over the left pocket, then over the right pocket, 3 jeans in a row, will be looking into the return option, too expensive to be this poorly made.

31st of Dec, 2016

I've worn Levi's ever since being a 7th grader in 1976.
    I always liked the style, the quality, and the durability.
    At one time during my college years I even went to so far
    as to work PT at a County Seat (remember them? - they
    specialized in Levi's exclusively merchandise sales) in sales/
    stocking etc... and I loved that job because I believed in the product.
    I've worn the jeans ever since but in the last 6-7 years the quality
    has gone kaput. Nearly every pair I've purchased has inevitably ripped
    at the belt loop and over time that rip extends to the pocket and runs
    north and south exposing underwear making these totally useless.
    Until reading this article after experiencing even more belt loop rips
    and 3 trips back to Kohl's in less than 3 weeks, I've had it. Why in the
    he** does Levi's not understand they had a product that was as American as
    Chevrolet and Apple Pie and they are now compromising quality (I know
    the manufacturing left San Francisco for China et al..unknown crappola)
    and losing their loyal customer base? Thanks to this article I do now remember Levi's
    had a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee so I want to make sure that still applies?
    Attached are pictures of only some of my pants which I saved thinking maybe the store would get
    info from Levi's indicating they have found a method to repair belt loop defects - never happened.
    Please let me know what Levi's will do to rectify this issue. Attached are images of 4 of the pair
    I've hung on to.

4 pairs - I would like them replaced. I shop at Kohls in Brookfield, WI - 124th & North location.
    Size is 44-30 or 44-29

James P. O'Brien
    3177 North Colonial Drive
    Milwaukee, WI 53222
    414-449-9899

• Nc
      10th of Mar, 2018

Same here I have 5 pair of Levi’s 569 that have a torn or tearing belt loop over the left rear pocket. All of them are less than 4 months old.

• Ca
      23rd of Mar, 2018

Same here left belt loop. They break after a couple wears. I always just return them to kohls for a new pair. The manager and staff all know me by name.

• Db
      25th of Jul, 2018

Let me add my voice here. I have four pair of Levis purchased within the past six months that are sitting atop my dresser. All have at least one belt loop broken and some have two. I've been wearing 501s since the 1970s and have never had this problem before. I am switching to Carhartt though I don't like the fit as well. At least they wear without breaking.

• Ne
      29th of Aug, 2018

I called the company they said the problem was rare. no help offered. bought 2 pairs at kohls and both loops over left pocket broke off. Never had a problem in my 45 years of wearing them.

• Im
      23rd of Sep, 2018

I've had several pairs recently, a few of which I was able to return, that all had the back left loop pull loose at the bottom. I'm in my fifties and have worn Levis my whole life but not anymore. Quality control has gone to hell.

• La
      17th of Oct, 2018

I can only concur. It is so weird, I actually googled to see if I was “doing something wrong”. I think it may be a misguided strstegy of designed obsolescence to get us to buy more jeans. Guess what... it won’t work. I will find a new vendor who has satisfactory quality, and give them my loyalty, and dollars.