Levi's 4 Floors - carpet / Carpet

1 Powell RD.Powell, OH, United States

We purchased about $3000.00 dollars worth of Levi's carpet. After living in our home for a year the carpet upstairs as well as the living room downstairs had a bump in it running along the mid section. We called Levi's and they said they could stretch the carpet, but it may cost us. After complaining that it was exactly a year from installation, they agreed to stretch it for free, but we'd have to move all the furniture ourselves and be ready when they guy came. I was a bit mad, but we moved the rooms and had to sleep on the floor the night before they came since the bump was in our bedroom and our daughter's room.
They did stretch our carpet, but low and behold, about 1 more year later even bigger ripples were back in the carpet. I called and complained that the carpet may have come from a "bad batch" or something, why did it keep happening? It had rippled so big, our youngest daughter (a toddler at the time) was actually tripping on it in the living room.
They offered to stretch it again. but once again it "may" cost me and we'd have to move all the furniture ourselves again and be ready by 9am the day the guy came to do it.. Well.. I don't know about you all, but moving two bedrooms worth of furniture and finding a place for it all along with a living room worth of furniture is a LOT of work to do twice!!
I am totally fed up with this carpet, it's now been almost 4 years and it looks like crap. Ripples every where, been stretched twice and I really don't feel like moving all the furniture again unless I'm getting NEW carpet. I am very dissapointed that Levi's could not offer more than stretching it each time.. How about a discount on a whole new house of carpet.. I honestly think the backing has a flaw in it since it keeps doing it....
As of late, we are thinking that we may have been "baited and switched "since we can't believe how thin and crappy this carpet is compared to what we thought we were buying... Its too bad carpet costs so much.
We have a finished basement with carpet in it from Home Depot and we are VERY pleased with it. It still looks GREAT, plus they threw in the water/ mildew resistant pads since it was a basement, FREE with our installation. It was not too expensive and the guy who came to install it was nice and not creepy like the installers at other places.
Bottom Line, Beware of Levi's.