Letstalk.com / Unauthorized charges

United States Review updated:
I purchased a couple of Alltel phones in August 08. I discontinued the service with Alltel in November 08. Suddenly, on January 19th, there is 2 automatic debit holds on my checking account totaling $500 by letstalk.com. I have never heard of them. I never dealt with them. When I was finally able to get through to them after investigating their site on the internet, I was told that those are valid charges and it's part of the 'terms and Conditions'. What terms and conditions? I didn't agree for them to access my account. I didn't see any terms and conditions. I've never been on their site. I got 3 phones for free at the time, and am paying Alltel for the phones through Alltel. What's the $500? Well, since I didn't keep my Alltel account for at least 180, they say that they would not get their commission from Alltel, so they charge my account $500. I'm in the wrong line of work! Needless to say, this unexpected $500 deduction from my checking account has caused me and my family considerable despair. NSF's all over the place. I'm so far negative in my account, I don't know when I'll catch up!

More Letstalk.com Complaints & Reviews

N  23rd of Jan, 2009 by
Its normal charges any time you get a phone for free from a Carrier there a contract that you have to be with the carrier for 2 years.If you decide to quit in 3 mos you will pay for the phone you got and also other charges.The Phone Carrier are not Stupid they are in it to make money to stay in Bussiness.
D  23rd of May, 2010 by
i know which site you speak of. that section of "Alltels" site is run by lets talk. its on there.. you have to look to find it, but its on there. i also know (having placed orders myself through there) that you have to agree to terms and conditions before the order can be placed. if you didn't read them and just thought that alltel was giving you free phones out of kindness, then you really should start reading stuff before you accept it.
lets talk hasn't broken any laws and according to the BBB they're rated b+ (mainly because of mail-in rebates, but ppl are gonna complain no matter what). Ive used them for years and never had any problems. but as the OP has proven screw with their commission and Lets Talk will get their money one way or another.