Letstalk.comAwful company

1 Review updated:

I try to choose my words wisely but it has to be said. LETSTALK.COM is an unethical, deceitful and borderline criminal company. The real bottom of The internet barrel... If you buy a phone from them their return policy is that you must return defective phone within 30 days ..

OR BEFORE 30 MINUTES OF USAGE..!!! Whichever comes first! TOTAL!!!' No I am not kidding folks. 30!... thats 30 minutes.. Trust me, you will use that much time and more just trying to get them on the phone and their customer service people are rude and abusive... positively the worst...

Their rebate procedures are a joke and full of traps... The only good thing about their company is the website.. Good for researching your phone... and then take my advice and go to amazon.com or elsewhere..

30 MINUTES... 30 MINUTES!!! OR YOU ARE STUCK..

More Letstalk.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

•   Jul 22, 2008
    Letstalk.com - No phone, never a return call and hours long hold times when I call them.
    201 Mission St
    San Francisco
    California
    LetsTalk.com

I contacted LetsTalk.com to return my cell phone for exchange on Friday, May 30, 2017 at about 11:15AM (PDT). I indicated that I needed it exchanged right away and authorized a cross-ship guarantee with my credit card so they could process the exchange that day. They took my order for a different model replacement phone with a $99.99 premium, which I approved. They an RMA with return instructions immediately (over the phone) and confirmed it within the hour. I sent the phone to be exchanged back to them via Priority Mail that same day. When I saw no order or shipping activity on the replacement phone by days end, I contacted them Saturday morning (May 31). I was told the order for the replacement was sitting on a supervisors desk and couldnt be processed until Monday They did say they would issue a complimentary upgrade to overnight shipping for the mix-up delay. They received my return phone on Monday morning. I contacted them for shipment status on the replacement and was told it would go out that day. When it did not ship that day I contacted them again and was told they did not ship the replacement phone because it was now $212. I explained the situation and they said they would `Take care of it. I have called back daily and there is still no progress. No phone, never a return call and hours long hold times when I call them.

• Ly
      Nov 22, 2008

I got 3 phones from these people they sent me the wrong phones then when I called them I spoke to some very rude representative named Tony, who told me I didnt know what I was talking about and that the phone I wanted exchanged I would have to pay for because they were not advertised for free I went online and placed another order to prove to them they were free and they told me that was a technical mistake that they would have to research it and I could wait for them to respond or pay $150 to get the phones I wanted and worse had originally ordered...they have the worst customer service manners I have ever had the misfortune of coming in contact with...and it is true theyare very rude and abusing

Dec 25, 2008
    Letstalk.com - Terrible experience
    letstalk.com

After purchasing cell phones and call plan with this company I applied for the offered rebates following all of the instructions given. I mailed the company with my receipts and submitted a copy of the bar codes a cut out from the boxes the phone as directed.

I received a letter 6 weeks later advising me that I failed to supply them with the information required to receive my rebates and therefore they were denied.

I have written to the company with copies of all the information I had originally sent them to prove I had complied with the rules. I have never received my rebates and anytime you call this company you just get the no response to your complaint.

This company advertises rebates for buying phones using their service but it is does not fulfill their offers.

• Lo
      Jan 21, 2009

I have the same issue with LetsTalk. I order my phone on the phone based on the promotion that they had at the time. Bu the sales person messed up the order that caused me to not be able to receive the promotion. Unfortunately, I did not discover the problem until the return period has passed. I called LetsTalk to rectify the problem, but was given the run around. They keep forwarding me to a number that is supposedly a supervisor, but always get the voicemail. When I asked the customer service rep for her extension, the extension is invalid. They also told me that their system indicate that I order the phones myself online, when I clearly order it on the phone through a sales person. I also receive an email from them with the subject "Telesales order confirmation". The last time I check, telesales in English still means telephone sales, not online sales...I am so frustrated, but I do not think there is anything that can be done. BUYER BEWARE. LetsTalk is a crook. Customer "NO" service is useless. They are there just to make the company look legit. Any problem with your order, good luck trying to get it resolve.

• Le
      Feb 23, 2009

Let's talk has the longest rebate plan I've ever heard of, and when you purchase the phone online they don't explain the process otherwise most people would decline. First you have to wait 4 months to send the rebate (they give you an exact date that you cannot postmark before), then 8-10 weeks to recieve the rebate after that. That's half a year for a rebate! I've done many rebates and never had to even wait more than 2 months to get it. If I would have known about this long-term rebate I would not have bought a phone from them. In 6 months I'll probably already have a new phone and still be waiting for my rebate on the old phone!

• Em
      Jun 01, 2009

I agree, I currently am still waiting for that phone call returned when you leave a message now 3 weeks! Its terrible that companies like this get swept under the rug tand they get away with what they do! Here I am two weeks without a phone waiting for progress. One tells you something the other tells you something else. I actually spent 3 hours and 57 minutes waiting for someone to pick up my call then between talking and being put on hold because they didn't know what I was refering to with my cell phone totaled about 4 1/2 hours which I pay for on my phone bill. At this point to think that you have to wait all that time and then find out that your getting that run around about the minutes used is incredible. At no point will I ever refer anyone and boy have I blogged about how bad the company is to several people. You would think that every person you speak to owns the company and is having a hard time actually making a customer happy, as if its coming out of their pown pocket? I sure did recieve that service when I purchased my phones!!!

Honestly never again!

• Av
      Jul 02, 2009

(1) They will NEVER return your call. I called twice and left msg both times.

(2) You cannot return the phone if you have used more than 30min talk time (I caled their customer service and waited for 15min-30min almost everytime!)

(3) rude people. dont even bother argue with them.

• Jm
      Jul 06, 2009

I attempted to upgrade my phone online with letstalk. After completing the initial transaction i printed the reciept. The next day i recieved an email from letstalk claiming that i was trying to add a line. I called the company and was give a complete line of bull. After thinking i had finally gotten my order straight i was surprised to recieve 5 additional emails stating the exact same thing. Everytime i called the company i was given a different story, and finally was told i would npt be eligible for a rebate even though the web site and the reciept i printed stated that i would get the rebate. I cancelled my order and will never do business with this bunch of inept lying crooks. Walmart and At&t should not allow this company to represent them in any way.

• Dr
      Aug 04, 2009
    Letstalk.com - Be Wary about Letstalk and you will be fine
    LetsTalk LCC
    letstalk.com

I would like to warn consumers about Lets Talk. Lets Talk provides a service of providing cheap cell phones at prices far below the provider prices. They do this by restricting you to signing up for higher minutes/texting/data plans. This provides a commission for the company to provide these discounts (they state this in their FAQ). However, the rebates for the phone can only be filed after 6 months and require the gray label on your box, the shipping receipt, a record of bills and other things. If you forget these things, you are HOSED.

With letstalk, they also charge fees if you change features (downgrading or eliminating), change numbers or remove lines (ANY lines on the account). However, thankfully the customer service rep explained all of the fees associated with the contract (he volunteered the information, 2 thumbs up!). The fees are up to $250 and vary depending on what you violate.

I warn consumers that if you purchase from Lets Talk or any other company that has rebates, to save everything you receive, to include the box, until you are ready to fill out the rebate. Documentation is key!

Many of you already know this, so I won't need to continue.

-Dray-

• Ak
      Oct 01, 2009

I purchased a phone with 2yr contract and $99 rebate to be mailed after 181 days. I waited for the time to mail the rebate, and included every paperwork they requested and mailed it usps with delivery confirmation. The rebate was mailed on August 05, and they were delivered on August 07. Till today, Letstalk is still saying that they have not received the form. I have been transferred to several customer service personnel and non of them can confirm that they received the rebate package. I spoke with Robin today who transferred me to another customer service and after spending over an hour on the phone I was transferred back to Robin, who said that she is in mn and cannot be able to help me any further since my rebate was mailed to a previous call center. The same call center is the one Letstalk is still using till today. I do intend to keep fighting this company until justice is done. This company is a RIPOFF, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

• Ak
      Oct 01, 2009
    Letstalk.com - REBATE SCAM

Oct 11, 2009
    Letstalk.com - On hold all the time
    letstalk.com

On June 29th I purchased cell phone for my granddaughter. It was received on July 6th. The phone was not working correctly so I called Letstalk.com for a replacement. I sent the 'problem' phone in FedEx the next morning, it was received in their warehouse the next afternoon. They have had the phone for a week, and I received no notice from them that is was received, or in the process of being processed, nothing. I have called the company and the operators are always extremely nice, IF you are lucky enough for someone to answer the phone. The first time I tried to contact them I was on 'hold' for over an hour. Yesterday it was over 3 hours and I they never did answer. I am still waiting on my replacement phone, which it so happens I received an email from LetsTalk this morning saying that my money had been refunded to my bank (which does show up, as of yet), and now, before they will send my replacement phone they are wanting to re-charge my bank card for the new amount...which at this point I will not give them until I know they have refunded the first amount! It's been two weeks now without a phone. This morning I asked to speak to a supervisor, which they told me was 'Erica'...the operator put me on 'hold' for 11 minutes while she was supposed to be giving me her supervisor. Instead, the operator answers the phone again and says "I'll transfer you now". And yes, she did transfer me, but only to 'Erica's' voice mail which told me to 'leave a message and she'd call back'. Well I don't expect to hear from her, because I have left 'messages' with the company several times and no one has called me back yet!

Had I ordered from AT&T, (which I will do from now on) it would have been replaced within 24 hrs. This is so aggravating! The waiting time for the phone itself isn't what makes me angry. It's the fact that what's they cell you their product, they brush you off. Is the cheaper price worth this? I don't think so! And what choice do I have but to 'wait' for them to reply?

• Le
      Oct 15, 2009
    Letstalk.com - AT&T Blackberry Bold
    letstalk.com

LetsTalk.com is an extremely dysfunctional company and their partnership with AT&T is very questionable. I recently attempted to take advantage of LetsTalk.com's internet advertising that offered a two-year AT&T contract extension and a discounted purchase price of a BlackBerry Bold for only .99 cents. I was, of course, skeptical and searched for the fine print - but except for a six-month cancellation of AT&T service penalty coouldn't find any conditions that I wasn't willing to accept. Let me state that I believe I represent the "perfect" customer for this product to both LetsTalk.com and to AT&T. I'm coming off a two-year contract with AT&T where our company has been a long time loyal customer, therefore qualifying for a legitimate contract extension from AT&T based on their criteria. My corporate and personal credit history is excellent, and I provided them with every piece of information this company required of me to secure the AT&T carrier's approval including Federal tax ID number, corporate history (we've been in business over 16 years), etc. Beginning with my LetsTalk.com sales rep's inability to initially enter the correct information I provided, to three days and six lengthy conversations with this company's customer ssupport reps in response to their email messages to me stating :"customer must call" to learn why my order was not being approved by AT&T, I cancelled my order. My experience with LetsTalk.com service reps has demonstrated to me that they are among the most poorly trained and incapable people I have encountered in any transactions I've ever made on the internet. They don't listen, can't enter basic information correctly, and are unable to handle a transaction that involves two separate addresses -representing a residential billing address vs. a company shipping address. Certainly a simple routine procedure for companies in this type of business, I would think. The reps are not empowered to fix any customer problem and apparently have no supervisory help they can turn to for assistance when they don't have a clue what was delaying AT&T's approval of this request. Each rep I spoke with gave me different reasons for this delay. (Among my favorites included one of the reps arguing with me that "I must have given them the wrong telephone number" instead of just changing it and another who switched me immediately to an AT&T rep, who didn't understand why I was transferred to her instead of the company I was purchasing the phone and contract extension from). Although I don't know this for a fact, I strongly suspect that AT&T doesn't want to enter into these transactions because they lose the phone sale. Actually, they lose it anyway inasmuch as the reason I haven't purchased the BB Bold from them is because of AT&T's $249 price tag for the product.
    In conclusion, I can't understand how either LetsTalk.com or AT&T make any money on this arrangement. The ads are bogus in my opinion. Instead, these companies have wasted the time of all three parties involved. I don't know what LetsTalk.com's gimmick is - but the only thing they've got going for them is a very legitimate looking website. Behind the scenes, it's a customer disaster! Buyer beware and use caution. Be prepared for max frustration.

• Mi
      Dec 30, 2009
    LetsTalk.com - FALSE/VAGUE TERMS & CONDITIONS

I purchased three phones from them and $200 rebate since March 2017 with 2 years cintract. I follow their rebates form cilam my rebates, I never got my rebates, I have talk to them fax over them, and they told me I will got my rebate check with next 7 days in twices, ncver, never, it is scam, scam.

• Mo
      Feb 04, 2010

I find anything AT&T is associated with is questionable, at best. They are in the process of attempting to rip me off right now. Luckily, I'm on a month-to-month so I can cancel in 3 weeks. I've filed a complaint with the FCC and notified my Congressman, as well.

AT&T is selling Blackberry Bold's with limited warranties knowing the speakers are defective and knowing there are Internet connectivity issues. Their only solution is to charge me $199 to upgrade to a 9700, which they're offering to new subscribers for $49.

See you in court AT&T.

• Ga
      Apr 11, 2010

lol some people just cant be satisfied no one ever mentions even if they dont get there rebate its still the cheapest way to get phone hundreds of dollars less than anywhere else ive ever seen. try getting a free htc droid eris anywhere it doesnt happen. shut up and be happy you still got the best deal. If you have a problem technically with your phone you call the service provider anyway, what a bunch of dumb ###

• Im
      Jul 07, 2011
    LetsTalk.com - Buyer Beware
    LetsTalk.com

DO NOT purchase your plan/phone through LetsTalk.com...as it turns out if you cancel prior to the contract term, you will end up being billed ($200 or more depending on phone) to the same method of payment (with no form of notice from LetsTalk.com) you used to buy the phones from LetTalk.com and still owe the wireless carrier the early termination fee. A double whammy!

• Va
      Mar 23, 2012
    Letstalk.com - FALSE/VAGUE TERMS & CONDITIONS
    6341 Boulevard 26 Suite 500
    North Richland Hills
    Texas
    Phone: [protected]
    LETSTALK.COM

Horrible mis-leading company! Prices are good; however not worth the hassle should something go wrong. Customer service is horrible, they don't help you at all and give false information. Long story short bought phone for Sprint, had no service, had phone for 7 days and shipped back, was charged for the shipping (which specifies they will not do that online) and also was charged $15 for the manufacturers box that they claim was not returned (was def returned). Worse company ever to deal with! They will take your money in a heartbeat, but as soon as you have a problem you have to wait about an hour for them to pick up the phone and then just get fed a bunch of bs lines... HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!