Les Schwab Tires / unprofessional, rude, rip off

1 E. SpragueSpokane, WA, United States Review updated:

First I thought it was a fluke thing when my brand new tire blew on the freeway the day after I had them installed by Les Schwab. I had my car taken back to them and guess what, there goes another $120 for ONE studded snow tire that was blown due to the lack of care put in by their associates (they failed to check the air pressure in the tire is what their manager told me). Yet, I still had to pay for a new tire, I had no other choice. So, being a kind person I let this slide and went back to Les Schawb in the spring to have my studded snow tires taken off and my spring tires put back on. This time they refused to put my tires back on because the "ware bar" was showing on 1 tire. I looked, no ware bar showing. They offered to sell me 4 new tires for a very very high price and of course I said no. I asked them politely to put my tires back on so i could go get some tires and bring them back (i already had new tires that fit my car). I even offered to pay for them to put them back on while i left. The associate was incredibly rude to me and threw my dirty tires in the backseat of my brand new car. However, the associate DID NOT take the time and care to place the tires on the sheet i had placed on half of my backseat but on the uncovered portion. I got upset, left and got my tires put on at another shop (where they did not say my ware bars were showing, no problem there). I later called the manager and explained to him that some of my school books and my seats were basically ruined and he had the nerve to say "everyone is human, we all make mistakes." I said "right careless mistakes by your employees ruined my brand new car" and all he could say was he was sorry. I am currently attmepting to write to the corporate office with this incredibly bad service to see if they will actually do something for my brand new seats that are now ruined and $300 worth of school books. Thanks Les Schwab!!

Am

Comments

• Do
      5th of May, 2009

I would like to know who to call to put a complaint in aganist Les Schwab. I have dealt with them for ten years on tires and just recently on brakes. My brake man was out of town and I was at Les Schwab. They talked me into doing my brakes there. Wrong choice. I constantly went back to get them done right. At one point they said I needed back brakes. Another misstake. Finally when I took it to my brake man, I watched him take the back brakes off in pieces. They destroyed my brakes front and back and who knows what other parts. My brake man had to try and reshape part of the wheel(this is a 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander Suv). I did take the broken parts back to them, sat it on their counter. They just ignored me and what I had to say.

I recently went back to get my studs off and put new tires, ( balanced and alignment, $500, put on my account). I didn't even make it home, I had to call them, it was all over the road. A girl employee said it may be annoying but not unsafe, bring it back sometime during the week. I called a few days later, talked to a guy. He said they don't balance the tires unless you ask. I assured him everything was done. They refused to let me bring my suv back in at that time. I waited until the next week, insisting to bring it in, telling them it was unsafe not just annoying. I got a call while working and they told me it was a faulty calapier. It had tore up my new roters and brake pads and could cause my brakes to go out if I didn't get it fixed right away. I reminded them they put those on when they did my brakes months before. He blamed my brake man, because he did my brakes since. (Why would I ever go back to them for brakes)!!!

Another almost $1000.00 to fix their misstake (by my brake man again). My account is up to $2000. and $150.00 monthly, (Les Schwab) . The brakes were redone over and over back and front and who knows how much they have charged me. I would really have to look at all my bills and charges. But it has been close to $2000. since to have someone else do the brakes back and front, the calapiers etc. I feel they lied to me, they let me drive an unsafe suv and I still have to pay them back for all their misstakes . They do not know how to do brakes properly. I know there are alot of customers who I now know personally that have had similar problems. I really would like to find out what I can do about this.

I do drive for a living and keep my car up, through Mitsubishi and my own mechanic and I thought Les Schwab(tires). They are also blaming me for my driving skills on the brakes. It's funny, I never have had this problem with my brake man, and he works for a business(Gaynors) and has his own business at home.(Over 20years)

Please get back to me to advise me what I should do. I can't seem to find a Les Schwab corporate office to call and tell them about this.

angeldbb@comcast.net

• Di
      12th of May, 2009

Wow I have another one...Have been dealing with les schwab for over 5 years, have had account all the way up and paid off 3 times for different vehicles (tires mostly). Every time I go in there its another thing needs to be fixed IE: may it be I go in for rear brake noise they have me get front brakes...I go home with front brake noise. I take it back for front brake noise on their new brakes 3 days later they say they are new and it is "common". 3 weeks later I take it to another Les Schwab for a "free brake check" they tell me they see the other store put the brakes on and that they were a little dusty so they cleaned them up and slapped them back in there good to go...2 weeks later I take it back to the original Les schwab they say it is because I have a Plymouth and that it is common for the cruisers and some of the Plymouths to have constant brake noise. (?!?!?!) to come in and they would give me different pads that should have less noise for these "plymouths"...I go to get my car they say that I am good to go but it is the car and those plymouths have noisey brakes (the car was hit in the rear end that looks worse then what it is...never had any problems for 2 years) Now facial damage gives them an excuse... it is because the frame is probably bent causing the brakes to make noise. I thought about it and went back to ask him the name brand of the free brake pads that are less noisy for "those plymouths" (that I walked to and from work in the freezing cold after having to drop it off all day for them) he tells me oh we didn't put those on...we decided it is the car. WTF?!?!?! My brakes sound like %$#@@$ $@ #@! and I owe them another 400$ Im pissed havent paid and now Im being threatened to collection today!!! I stop and my brakes to go the floor and go eeeeeerrrrrrrrr
    my car did'nt do that before I brought it to Les Schwab!!! Like I said I have had my account jacked up to $2000 3 times and back to zero now I am in collection for over $1000 which has occured through these months of not having my car fixed and excuses and with brakes that are probably unsafe! I have other stories as well about rims they put on my volks and now the bearing that is out...my mechanic put it in 2 months earlier and was perfect on the way to les schwab and barely could make it home...which they wont fess up for. I have other stories as well! I wouldn't have said anything but it looks like a lot of people have stories. Les Schwab I am DisSATISFIED! You get ZERO stars! You will one day learn that you can't BURN your customers we keep you in business not us in collections with faulty products and employees who @#$% up our vehicles!!!

• Li
      29th of Mar, 2011

I had a tire blow out last August on the freeway by Cheney Salnave exit. I called Les Schwab and had them come change my tire to the spare. I then went to the Les Schwab in Cheney where I purchased a brand new tire for $180. I was back on the road with my 9 and 11 year old daughters in the car. 90 minutes later my brand new tire blew out by Vantage, the tire I had just purchased in Cheney. I again called Les Schwab and this time was told that if I didn't go back to Les Schwab to have them fix my tire I would have to pay $90 to have them change my tire, the tire they sold me that blew out again. A nice man saw that I needed help and changed my tire for me, luckily I have a full size spare. The following Monday I took my car and the blown tire to Les Schwab in Spokane, North Division store and was told that the Les Schwab in Cheney had not changed the valve stem and that it was old and cracked and caused the brand new tire to blow. They replaced it for free. Now fast forward to November, when I had my snow tires put on. I asked specificially if my spring/summer tires were still fine to put back on in the spring, the gentleman I was working with at Les Schwab on Regal in Spokane assured me that my tires were more than fine to drive on for another year before needing to replace them. Fast forward to today, 03/29/2011. I took my car to have my snow tires removed at the Les Schwab on North Division in Spokane and was told that they would NOT put my spring/summer tires back on my car because 2 of them are pretty worn, there is no wear bar showing at all, but they refused to change them and told me I would have to buy 2 new tires. I told them to put my tires back in my car and I left. Now my tires are being changed by Perfection Tire on North Division with no arguements. Thanks Les Schwab for making it so easy for me to become a Perfection Tire customer.

2nd of Sep, 2015

had alignment done at a tire shop across street from les schwab for $70 and it fixed my problem after les schwab gave me an estimate of $700 for replacing all the front end and that an alignment wouldn't work. I'm glad I got that 2nd oppinion. they are rip offs.

• Ca
      9th of Aug, 2018

I had a ball joint installed on my 2015 Silverado in Omak WA in may and they rotated and balanced my tires, I was told one of my rims was bent and they said they added extra weight to get it to balance but if that did not work out, I could purchase a rim and they would mount and balance the tire for free. Well it is August and the tire was vibrating so I took it the Les Schwabs in Deer Park and they did the work and it was $26:00 and I had also asked them to check my U-joints and they charged me for the mount and balance but did not even come close to checking my U-joints. I have bought my last tires and will not do business with them again.