Les Schwab Tire / if we don't have it you don't need it
You may not want to post is complaint. This isn't a huge complaint but it just bugs me that when a company doesn't have what you need they assume you really don't need it.
Maybe les schwab tire should change their slogan to: "if we don't have it you don't need it". I took my car into schwab tire to exchange my wheels (Already mounted) for my already mounted snow tires which were on my car. They do this at no charge which is fine if you don't mind waiting several hours while they service their "paying customers". I waited patiently and when I saw my car being pulled into the service area I walked over to watch while the work was being done. The service tech pulled off the snow tires and placed them in my trunk. This is where it got very interesting; I have a new set on michelin performance tires filled with nitrogen as specified by michelin. They even have the green tire stem caps to indicate they are filled with nitrogen. I watched in amazement as the tech (Without checking the pressure first) connected a hose and inflated the each tire beyond its rating and then use his gauge to release the pressure to the proper amount. He appeared to be using the same air line that they use for their tools. I walked out to pick up my car and I asked him, just to be sure, if he used nitrogen to adjust my tire pressure. He was polite, but is answer demonstrated what he didn't know. He said, "those tires don't need nitrogen" and walked away. Well. Yes the do! Now I get to go back where I purchased the tires and have them evacuated and refilled with the manufacture specified nitrogen. It would have been so much better if he would have said, "your tire pressure is a little low and we don't have nitrogen so do you want us to add air?"
So much for wanting to come back for any other service much less to buy a set of tires.
More Les Schwab Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Les Schwab Tires - unprofessional, rude, rip off 
- Les Schwab - tires 
- Les Schwab - horrid service 
- Les Schwab Toyo Observe Tires - no warrany honored
- Les Schwab Tire Centers - fraud and scam 
- Les Schwab Tire Centers - customer service of the manager steve amstock
- Les Schwab Tire Centers - flat tire repair turned into needing 4 new tires...
- Les Schwab Tire Centers - refused to replace 
- Les Schwab Tire Centers - accident with my motorhome
- Les Schwab Tire Centers - battery replacement under warranty/ service before tires where rotated where they messed something else up trying to charge more money