LES PAUL WII GUITAR SOLD SEPERATELY / cancelled preorder

NJ, United States Review updated:

ON 11.26.O7 I PLACED AN ORDER ON YOU WEBSITE. ORIGINAL ORDER # [protected]. IN THE AMOUNT OF APPOX. $270.00. I USED BILL-ME-LATER FOR PAYMENT AS THEY WERE OFFERING A $10.00 REBATE FOR ORDERS OVER $200. ONE OF THE ITEMS ON THIS ORDER WAS A “PREORDER” FOR A LES GIBSON GUITAR FOR WII NINTENDO SYSTEM.THIS WAS A GIFT FOR MY SEVEN (7) YEAR OLD GRANDSON. AS IT WAS NOT EXPECTED IN TILL THE END OF DEC. OR EARLY JAN. WE WRAPPED A PICTURE OF IT AND PRESENTED THAT TO SHANE AT CHRISTMAS.HE WAS SO EXCITED BECAUSE HE NOW WOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY AGAINST HIS 13 YEAR OLD COUSIN WHO HE IDOLIZES. OVER THE NEXT MONTH OR SO I WOULD CHECK OR CALL TO SEE WHAT THE STATUS WAS. EVERY TIME I WAS ASSURED IT WASN’T IN YET BUT MY ORDER WAS THERE.TODAY WHEN I CHECKED MY EMAIL I FOUND A MESSAGE FROM YOUR ONLINE STORE INFORMING ME THAT (SEE BELOW)

We are reaching out to you today regarding your recent order for the "Guitar Hero III Les Paul Wireless", for Nintendo Wii, order number 75161473. We are contacting you to let you know that there was a technical error while processing your order and as a result, your order was cancelled. If you have not yet received a cancellation email, you should be shortly.

We would like however, to let you know that the item is currently online, and available for pre-sale purchase. This is an extremely popular item, and inventory will go quickly, so if you are still interested in ordering the item, we encourage you to visit the site at this time, to place your order.
MORE FOLLOWED PERTAINING TO CALLING IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, BUT THE ABOVE IS THE IMPORTANT PART. I DID CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FOUND THAT THE REASON FOR MY ORDER BEING CANCELLED IS BECAUSE I USED BILL-ME-LATER AND A PRE-ORDER COULD NOT BE HELD THAT LONG.NO WHERE ON YOUR SITE WAS THAT INFORMATION LISTED. I COULD HAVE PURCHASED THAT ITEM WITH A CREDIT CARD. THE ORDER TOTAL WITHOUT THE GUITAR WAS $218.43. IN THE SAME WAY YOU SENT ME AN E-MAIL ABOUT THE CANCELLATION, YOU COULD HAVE SENT AN EMAIL ASKING ME TO GIVE ANOTHER FORM OF PAYMENT FOR THE ITEM TO KEEP IT OPEN, THEREBY GIVING ME THE CHOICE. WAITING ALL THAT TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN IS RIDICUCLOUS.THERE WAS NO CONSIDERATION AS TO TIME SPENT WAITING FOR THE ITEM, JUST GET IN LINE AGAIN. IS THAT WHAT IS CONSIDERED CUSTOMER SERVICE? I WOULD UNDERSTAND THIS ATTITUDE IF YOU WERE THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN AS IN YEARS PAST. BUT TODAY JUST ONLINE ALONE THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF CHOICES. WE ARE NO LONGER BOUND TO GEOGRAPHICALLY CLOSE STORES. EVEN SO, BESIDES THE OTHER TOY STORES I SHOPPED IN THIS YEAR, I SPENT OVER $700.00 AT YOUR STORE LAST CHRISTMAS SEASON BETWEEN ONLINE, BLACK FRIDAY AND SUBSEQUENT TRIPS. TO BE TREATED THIS WAY AFTER THAT IS MORE OF A SLAP IN THE FACE. I CAN’T IMAGINE HOW YOU TREAT THE CASUAL CUSTOMER.I DON’T EXPECT ANYTHING TO COME OF THIS LETTER. I’LL HAVE TO FIND THE ITEM AGAIN AND PURCHASE IT AND TRY TO EXPLAIN TO SHANE WHY HIS OMA LIED TO HIM. I NHAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG HE HAS TO WAIT NOW.BUT YOU SHOULD KINOW THE PRACTICES OF YOUR STORES. YOU HAVE LOST ME, MY FAMILY, AND ANYONE ELSE I CAN TELL AS CUSTOMERS. I AM SO DISSAPOINTED I CAN’T EVEN TRULY EXPLAIN. THE LAST THING YOU WANT TO SO AS A GRANDPARENT IS TO DISSAPOINT YOUR GRANDCHILDREN AND YOU HAVE PUT ME IN THAT EXACT POSITION.
SINCERELY,
PATRICE SCHMELIING

Comments

Jb
  3rd of Feb, 2009
That is totally true and I can truly say that I empathize with your situation. They are obviously too big for their breeches. What is sad is that their is no customer service anymore. They will take an order and know that it is a Christmas gift and not full fill the order. No apology or nothing. Just the same, it is sad. If there was a company out there that actually cared about their customers, went out of the way to make sure that the customer was satisfied, and when their was a problem fix it then that company would be very popular. Too many companies just take the order and then that's it for the customer service. They don't care about anything after that. If the item gets canceled then so what. What a shame. Sometimes, things can be done to prevent the situation or correct it and still the company does nothing. That is what I think Toys R Us did, nothing. They took the order and then simply disregarded it when they could no longer hold it on pre-order. I don't care how busy they are during the holiday season. They certainly should have taken the time to contact you for a different payment method. That is sad. They basically didn't care. They would rather put you back at the end of the line then spend the same amount of time that it took to send you the cancellation letter then to send you a letter asking you to pay with a different payment method. I see this as the poorest of customer service. We can only hope that the same thing happens to them in the future. Karma. Customer service is so poor today and too many of the representatives that work for the companies are concerned only with doing the least amount of work as possible. They don't treat the customer like someone important but treat them like a bother Treat them like doing anything more than just taking their order is a hassle. Certainly not following through on orders when their is trouble with it. You think it would be a priority especially at Christmas and that person is well aware of the importance of it at that time. What a Shame that a large company like Toys R US treats their customers like this. They have made a living on selling toys and you think that they would follow through and treat the customer with some respect. Instead, they blame someone else and try and pass the buck or simply choose not to listen. I do hope that others read this and possibly find a store that is willing to ensure that an order is completed and go the extra mile to provide the customer service you deserve I would certainly shop at that store as well. I hop that you found the item through another store and your Grandson loved it.