Leons, Moncton, Nb. / Very poor customer service and poor manager

1 Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada Review updated:

We purchased a bedroom set from Leons (5 piece). I get to the cash register to find that instead of the two side tables, 2 dressers and bed, they meant that the bed and headboard counted as 02 different pieces and that only one side table came with the set. I was irritated at this obvious mis-direction / deception, but opted to let sleeping dogs lie and purchase the extra side table. I clarified then with Denise, the sales person there as to exactly what came with the set. She said that the bed, headboard, the one side table and the 02 dressers, one of which had a mirror which was included (so she said).

We eagerly awaited our new purchase but when it arrived, one of the side tables was damaged and there was only one dresser that came. Denise, the brilliant sales person also had sold us a boxspring that we apparently did not need for the bed we ordered...When we called the store the customer service person there said that the set only came with one dresser. Also, I specified that I had already clarified this with Denise, but the manager was really rude for a maritimer, and insisted that he was going to do nothing for me. I informed him that I wanted him to pick up the whole set and that would be the last time I shop there. He then mentionned a 10% re-stocking fee, and that we would have to pay it...What a load of crap.

My wife called the next day for a follow-up call, and the manager there "Joe" was very rude and condescending regarding her vocabulary in English (as she is primarily French).

I am not being ripped off for any re-stocking fee. You shouldn't either. DO NOT SHOP AT THE MONCTON, NB LEONS store!!! They are a bunch of fraud artists. Protect yourselves and shop elsewhere.

Chris, MONCTON, NB.

Comments

• Ka
      16th of Jun, 2012

they are very rude . the sales men do not listen i tried to get a table there and the sales man argued about the size accusing me i was wrong which i wasnt because he didnt bother to look it up .. today i wemt in to purchase a kitchen table . there was one on the floor and that table had been discontinued . so i offerred to take that one 20 dollars off price tax in . the salesman was so rude he said no room for negotiation ... they dont seem to want to sell stuff. plus he didnt listen either i told him i just wanted the table and he continued to tell me there was only 3 chairs in stock twice i told him i just want the table . this is the worst furniture store i have ever been in . i guesse there must be some decent ones there . i just happened to pick the wrong days to go . ill be spending my money else where .

• Pa
      13th of Jun, 2013

Leon 's Moncton store, it's a joke! I have had an order in since Jan.23/13 for 2 chairs,
    It is now June 13/13 and still no chairs, and they were not cheap! The PR in that store is a.
    Joke. If I treated my customers like that when in retail there would not be a job to long.
    I feel I have been lied to, by given every story they could come up with. My order was a
    Grand total of close to 5000 dollars including the 3pc. Couch set, oh well I guess they don't
    Need my money!!!