Leon's Furniture / extended warranty

1 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Hello: I would like to tell everyone the terrible sevice I recieved from leons furniture, ottawa store, on a television I purchased less than 3 years ogo.. When this tv was purchased (Approx. $ 2500.) I was advised by the salesman, that I should take out the extended warranty, even though the tv was under warranty, I decided to be safe and signed up for the extended warranty. Approx. 2 1/2 years after the purchase the lamp in the tv started to burn out, I informed leons, where I purched the tv, and after a week or two, they informed me that yes, I was covered for the part that was burning out (Which by the way costs about $500.). But the problem is that the sevice men who work for leons would not make the trip to my home, because I lived about 60kl. Away, and no one will come, because they do no get mileage. I asked their ottawa office what to do about getting my tv fixed, since I signed up for the extended warranty, they told me I had to get an independant service person, and bill them. I had to get a sears repairman (Who lived about 50 kl. Away) to come to my home, which took another 2 weeks, before the repair was done, and had to pay him mileage, finally my tv is fixed, no thanks to leons lazy service men. I then sent the repair bill to leons, and after 2 more calls, on when I will get my money back, I finally got paid... What I want to know from leons is why did you sell me an extended warranty if you had intention of honoring it.. I hope this letter gets to leons head office, if not can someone tell me how and who to send this to... Thank you
Monika sammon
Carnold@nrtco.net

Comments

• Jg
      14th of Jul, 2009

They honored the warranty. You got the part, and you got the service payed for. They just didn't honour it the way you wanted them to. If you hadn't bought the warranty, you'd have to pay the whole shot or buy a new TV. When you live that far away from stores, you need to make some allowances. Though I have to admit that Leon's should have a repair person who handles all repairs outside the city, within a certain distance and pay that guy a little extra (or at leas mileage) to do it.

Your letter won't likely get to head office via this board.

Leon's Furniture (Head Office)

45 Gordon MacKay Road, North York, ON, M9N3X3

• El
      29th of Dec, 2010

Nope, the comment may not get to head office, but it will be read by others, including myself, who won't buy an extended warranty when they are treated poorly.

• Ga
      2nd of Feb, 2011

We have just had a similar problem but with an electric range. We purchased a Frigidaire electric range with ceramic cooktop. in less than a year the surface has worn off the ceraminc cooktop of one element. The elements get way to hot and so does the oven set at 400 temp actually reads 450. We also purchased the 4 year extended warranty at a cost of some $400. It turns out extended warranty does not really cover much unless actually proved to be something that would stop the product from working. When we bought it it was represented as "no matter what happens we will fix it or replace it. NOT TRUE WHATSOEVER - NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM LEONS THEY ARE LIARS AND CON MEN.

• Ge
      3rd of Dec, 2012

I had the same complaint in Calgary re Rocker Recliner chairs that I bought in 2006, about 4.1/2 months ago one of my left side mechanism fell apart, I went back and talked to customer service about it, m she told me that the warranty was finished, but stated the the manufacturer might do something for me, she got in touch with them and the told her that yes it was faulty and the would send it to me at no cost but I would have to pay someone to install it .I waited for just about 4 months figureing that they would send it with a truck when they got a full load, and I understood that.they phoned and said that it was in. when I got there, it was a rod and handle that I did not need, and the girl said she was sorry. she said it was on its way.she will call me when it was in . I said ok, By the time o got home the wife said they called and said that I will have to pay $125.00 before they will ship it. by that time I got mad and called to talk to customer service manager Kayleigh.and even faxed her a letter. but she would not get back to me, she got ane of the other young girls to call me. She did not have the courtesy to call me. and talk to me.
    to me I still can, t use the chair and waiting 4 months I would think that they would pay that $125.00 to satisfy the customer.