Leona's Restaurant / Fraudulent bank charges

I am an employee at the University of Chicago
Hospitals-Stony Island Dialysis located at 8725 S.
Stony Island Avenue in Chicago, Illinois. We order
from Leona’s quite often and the order is never
correct. On Thursday, May 18, 2006, we ordered from
Leona’s on 92nd Stony Island Avenue. The order
consisted of a Cobb salad, 2 psychedelic salads, a
side salad, an order of shrimp appetizers, and a red
zinger lemonade with extra ice.

I placed this order on my bank credit card. The order
was a total of $33. However, I have been charged (3)
fraudulent charges. Someone at Leona’s has made
purchases against my account from Leona’s (according
to Chase bank) on 5-18 for $46.00, 5-18 for $46.06 and
5-18 for $46.06.

I have multiple sclerosis and I order out because of
the limitations. I don’t appreciate the fact that I
cannot trust the staff of Leona’s to do the right
thing. They never got the order correct and even were
incorrect on the second delivery attempt.

I will never order from Leona’s again. The customer
service is lousy, the food was unacceptable and the
staff was not responsive to getting my needs met as a
consumer. I will file a complaint with the Better
Business Bureau and the Attorney General’s Office
regarding this theft.

Comments

• Pr
      21st of Oct, 2009

I also have been a customer of Leona's for years and the services was good while I live in the city and got my orders from the Leona's on Sheffield. However, I since have moved to the westside of Chicago and that's when my orders were incorrect and cold(Taylor Street location!
    This past weekend I decided to order from the Taylor location because I do love the ribs, and I placed the order and within seconds decided to add the wings to the combo. Well, I was double bill and when I contacted the corporate offices (Gary Rogers) I was told it would take a week for my bank account to be credited back!
    I have dealt with several well-known restaurants and when I add on things I have never been double charge and told to wait for the credit.
    Needless to say Leona's is off our calling list at home and where I work since I'm in charge of ordering lunch for 50 people every other Tuesday. We'll find a restaurant that will not double bill and hold the credit for a week! No one else does it in spite of what Mr. Rogers states!
    I encourage the people on the westside of Chicago to complain more (to the Corporate office) when we are not getting the service we deserves!
    To Leona's management: "Don't let the addresses fool you - our money is still Green"!