Lenses N More / Bait and Switch

New York, NY, United States Review updated:

Wow, where do I start! Talk about something too good to be true. In my extensive research for a new Digial SLR, I came across this website with, by far, the lowest prices. I ordered a Canon Rebel XSi online. Within 30 minutes, I was contacted by phone. They wanted a credit card CCV security code. After providing the information to continue the transaction, a "used car salesman" wanted to sell me a $149.99 battery, because the one that was included in my "deal" was only a 20 minute/temporary battery. I declined, but then was offered some memory cards for $200.00. After many denials, I told him that I wanted the camera as advertised. The salesman said, "Well, that's the Japanese model and it won't be in for 4-6 weeks" and he hung up. I called back and asked him if I ordered the extra items, if he could send it immediately and he said, "yes." Baffled, amazed, and confused, I told them to cancel the order. I am also looking at my credit card statement closely for charges that I didn't make. What a shady operation!
By the way, www.thecameraprofessionals.com operate the same exact way!

If a price is too good to be true - it's just that!
Mi

More Lenses N More Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Gu
  1st of Nov, 2008
Lenses N More SURE is the BIGGEST scam out there.
Unfortunately they have already processed my order and now I sitting here biting my nails, hoping my camera will arrive and it would be the ORIGINAL goods that I paid for.
I also received a call, asking me to buy a battery for $150! and a charger for an additional $150!?
The same package sells on Ebay for $20!
What ticks me off even more, is that they claim to process your order within 48 hours and that they have stock at hand. But when placing your order, they call you and tell you there is a 3 to 4 WEEK waiting period. And then they start offering you accessories that cost roughly 5 times more than the market value.
These guys should be locked up! And they better pray I am not in the neighbourhood next time I am in Brooklyn.
I can't believe so many reputeable websites give them a 4 or 5 star rating? I guess you get stars for the amount of advertising you are willing to pay, instead of a feedback rating from customers.
Stay CLEAR from these criminals!
Lenses N More are down right criminals!
Guillaume