Lenses N More / Bad service

Lenses N More
Where do I begin? My mother purchased a Christmas gift for me just after black Friday through this company: a Nikon D80 and all the overpriced unnecessary bells and whistles, two “introductory” lenses, and a questionable 5 year extended service plan that does not cover what she was told it covered (free cleanings and maintenance at any camera repair store of my choice). What I wanted was the Canon 50d without the bells and whistles and two high grade lenses from B&H photo video. Unfortunately, Lenses n More aka 1 Way Photo, J & V, Inc, Jack Silver Photo is a BBB nightmare-http://search.newyork.bbb.org/reports.aspx?pid=44&page=1&id=96503) have no holiday return/exchange policy.

While I realized that a return was out of the question I was hoping for an exchange, if not the camera, then at least the lenses. While I informed them via email that I was willing to spend significantly more, they did not reply. In fact, they did not reply to any of my emails and ironically, customer service is never open when I call. The salesmen can do nothing to assist me other than to inform me that I need to call them back when customer service is open which may or may not be in an hour or so. I am now attempting to return the extended service plan at a prorated amount, as permitted by law New York law, but the problem is that since they did not itemize the invoice, they have the opportunity to tell me that they only charged $1 for it. We’ll see how it goes as I am trying to get an itemized invoice first. I will keep you all posted.

More Lenses N More Complaints & Reviews

Plus Lenses N More - Bait and Switch [1]

A  22nd of Jan, 2009 by
Same experience with them. I'll make it my life's work to give them as much bad publicity as I can.