LensCrafters / rude doctor

1 southgate mallMissoula, MT, United States Review updated:

Yesterday, i experienced the worst eye exam of my life at lenscrafters. Dr. Rebecca pitt - jackson was so terribly rude that i could hardly believe she has a career in any field, let alone as a doctor. She was impatient and kept sighing and making noises of frustration durind my exam and chiding me for inconsistent anwers. My children said she continually rolled her eyes at my answers. I felt pressured to answer eventhough i could not see the letters or make them out because she would tell me i had to give a guess. I believe my glasses may not be the correct prescription because she did not listen to me or take the time or care to ensure i was being helped. After spending $262 on the exam and glasses, i feel disastisfied with both my care and prescription.

Cb

Comments

• Br
      30th of Dec, 2011

We visited this Lenscrafters on 12/29/2011 and had a very similar experience with the same dr at the Missoula Lenscrafters. It was actually so poor that my wife walked out of the appointment mid-appointment and I canceled mine. When my wife had her appointment she got the similar eye rolling during the eye exam, combined with snide comments about which lense should look clearer. After getting throught the exam the physician then refused to write a rx for the brand of contacts my wife has been using for the last 5 years (instead trying to force my wife to buy a much more expensive brand). After arguing about it for 5 minutes we finally decided it was not worth it.

Working in the healthcare field myself (pharmacist) I was appalled by the service provided. I have frankly never had an interaction with any physician as negative as this one. Avoid at all costs.

• Ms
      13th of Mar, 2012

Wow - I could not STRONGLY DISAGREE any more.
    I actually work in the field of ocular health. I do not know her personally - I do not work with her. I do not know how counting pills gives anyone any credibility in terms of ocular health.
    If you are concerned with your long-term eye health, Dr Jackson is by far the best optometrist in Missoula. Since Missoula is such a small community, I have seen some of her patients over the years and have absolutely never disagreed with any of her findings. She will only fit patients in the product that is best for their ocular health. Contact lens technology has changed greatly in the last 5 years. While I hope you do not, your wife may have ocular health problems due to your refusal to spend money for the best product for her eyes. If, as a pill counters wife, you are sure you have the correct rx and brand, pick an optometrist who is less concerned about your ocular health.
    As for being rude, some of us have bad days. I can attest to how frustrating it is to be with a patient who can not verbalize which option is better and is totally contradictory. In the future, just tell her the options are too close to tell a difference. It is impossible for us to see what you are seeing. Some people are decisive; some people are not. Help your optometrist by telling him/her if you are having trouble with the exam instead of being frustrated and unhappy at the end. I have to re-examine folks like you all the time - it is part of the job.

• In
      3rd of Apr, 2012
    dr. rebecca pitt-jackson - excellent doctor
    lenscrafters
    southgate mall
    Missoula
    Montana

Very professional, courteous and knowledgeable. The best exam I have ever had!

• Mi
      9th of Jun, 2012

Obviously you can post whatever you want about anyone at any time. I had a wonderful experience with her - she was friendly, warm, professional, and fast. I would highly recommend her - she is a fantastic doctor. The best I have ever seen.

• Je
      19th of Aug, 2015

Excellent care. Professional. Did not waste my time.
    I was a contact lens rep throughout the 1990's and have kept up on lens technology. She recommended only the most healthy contacts for my eyes. I would rather have healthy eyes than use some antiquated technology from the 1960's.
    I know the above reviews are several years old, and Dr. Jackson is no longer at LensCrafters, but I need to address some of these comments from an educated perspective.
    For BrianJ29, I am sure it is more important to save a penny instead of saving the health of your eye. Way to go!
    And cburton - if you can't respond to which option is clearer and your answers are not consistent, it is impossible to provide you with an accurate RX. I am sure you and Dr. Jackson were frustrated by the experience, and maybe it could have been handled differently, but it is clear she told you the issue, and it is impossible for anyone but you to describe what you are seeing.
    Bottom line: I will never trust anyone else in Missoula with my eye care.